(LSJ) Bestial Vengeance

<<yAn>>

Jun 9, 2009, 11:38:17 PM6/9/09
Does Bestial Vengeance deal its damage to the opposing minion
regardless of range or the targeted retainer's abilities?

1. Bestial Vengeance played, targeting a Wolf Companion deals damage
at both long and close range?

or

2. Bestial Vengeance played, targeting a Wolf Companion deals damage
only at close range?

or

3. Bestial Vengeance played, targeting a Murder of Crows deals damage
at both long and close range, but Bestial Vengeance played, targeting
a Wolf Companion deals damage only at close range??

Bestial vengeance
combat
requires a laibon
Ani: only usable before range is determined. choose a retainer on this
laibon.
this combat this laibon is immune to frenzy cards and the oppossing
minion takes 1 damageduring strike resolution if the retainer is
ready.
a vampire can only play one bestial vengeance each combat.
ANI: as above but for 2 damage

Pullen

Jun 10, 2009, 1:32:53 AM6/10/09

It deals the damage no matter the retainers abilities, if u played it
on Mr. Winthrop, he wold open up a can no mater the range.

LSJ

Jun 10, 2009, 6:35:53 AM6/10/09

Quoting unofficial card text doesn't help, since then I still have to look up
the official text (and may actually hinder, depending on the degree of
difference from the official card text and whether or not I notice that the
quoted text is not official).

Name: Bestial Vengeance
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Animalism
Requires a Laibon.
[ani] Only usable before range is determined. Choose a retainer on this Laibon.
This combat, this Laibon is immune to frenzy cards and the opposing minion takes
1 damage during strike resolution if the retainer is ready. A vampire can play
only one Bestial Vengeance each combat.
[ANI] As above, but for 2 damage.

It works regardless of range. Like Darkling Trickery.

Salem

Jun 10, 2009, 6:58:47 AM6/10/09
LSJ wrote:
> <<yAn>> wrote:
>> Does Bestial Vengeance deal its damage to the opposing minion
>> regardless of range or the targeted retainer's abilities?

> Name: Bestial Vengeance
> Cardtype: Combat
> Discipline: Animalism
> Requires a Laibon.
> [ani] Only usable before range is determined. Choose a retainer on this
> Laibon. This combat, this Laibon is immune to frenzy cards and the
> opposing minion takes 1 damage during strike resolution if the retainer
> is ready. A vampire can play only one Bestial Vengeance each combat.
> [ANI] As above, but for 2 damage.
>
> It works regardless of range. Like Darkling Trickery.

That seems odd. I would have thought it would only work at close range,
regardless of whether the retainer itself normally does any damage,
ranged or not. There is no 'R' mentioned with the damage. Although I
notice most of the close-range only damage dealing retainers now have
reminder text talking about the range (aside from Ghoul Retainer).

Although this then leads me to wonder why Crawling Chamber does R damage
but Drawing out the Beast does not, since I assumed range only matters
during the strike steps.

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'gmail' to email)

Shockwave

Jun 10, 2009, 2:38:33 PM6/10/09
"J.S Simmons is highly irate, I think you'll find! Beware as he doffs
his hat to you in a bestial fury!"

Juggernaut1981

Jun 10, 2009, 7:24:32 PM6/10/09
On Jun 11, 4:38 am, Shockwave <d_knowles...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "J.S Simmons is highly irate, I think you'll find! Beware as he doffs
> his hat to you in a bestial fury!"

And that Robert Carter dude might chuck a lantern!

Also, avoid the Corpse Balloon poo... that stuff is worse than pidgeon
crap.

librarian

Jun 12, 2009, 12:57:50 AM6/12/09
Shockwave wrote:
> "J.S Simmons is highly irate, I think you'll find! Beware as he doffs
> his hat to you in a bestial fury!"

Think Oddjob from Dr. No.

best -

chris