LSJ: Truth of Blood and Ambulance

Dasein

Apr 1, 2008, 11:30:50 PM4/1/08
Say I have a vampire with an Ambulance, who possesses inferior Auspex
and Quietus. This vampire bleeds with Truth of Blood , i.e. +1 bleed
and if the action is blocked the blocking minion's methuselah discards
two cards at random, not replacing until the end of the action.
I get blocked my a vampire controlled by my prey. We get into combat
(blocking methuselah has 5 card hand size) and biff each other around
a little. Combat finishes. Now I tap my Ambulance; the blocking minion
attempts and successfully blocks again. Does the blocking minion's
methuselah now discard another two cards, going to down to a hand size
of 3? (assuming it was originally 7)? Would the same apply if the
bleeding methuselah had played Form of Mist at superior instead of
tapping an ambulance? What if he played Ambulance, and THEN form of
mist in the next combat, and is blocked again? i.e. can the Truth of
Blood discard effect keep stacking during the one Truth of Blood
action?

(idly dreaming of a vampire with AUS / QUI / PRO and what he/she could
do to a vampire backed up by a hand size of 1)

Archibald Zimonyi

Apr 2, 2008, 4:33:59 AM4/2/08

IANLSJ but I would say that if you use Ambulance the action continues
as if unblocked, hence the cardtext on Truth of Blood is no longer
fullfilled and the two cards that the blocking minion's Methuselah
discarded he must now draw back up to his hand size. If he blocks
again then Truth of Blood kicks in again and the blocking minion's
Methuselah must once again discard two cards, not replacing them until
the action ends.

Archie

Salem

Apr 2, 2008, 4:48:05 AM4/2/08

with CHI or OBT you can keep playing the same S:CE + action continues
card (Mirror Image and Shadow Body, respectively).

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'yahoo' to email)

LSJ

Apr 2, 2008, 6:05:34 AM4/2/08
Dasein wrote:
> Say I have a vampire with an Ambulance, who possesses inferior Auspex
> and Quietus. This vampire bleeds with Truth of Blood , i.e. +1 bleed
> and if the action is blocked the blocking minion's methuselah discards
> two cards at random, not replacing until the end of the action.
> I get blocked my a vampire controlled by my prey. We get into combat
> (blocking methuselah has 5 card hand size) and biff each other around
> a little. Combat finishes. Now I tap my Ambulance; the blocking minion
> attempts and successfully blocks again. Does the blocking minion's
> methuselah now discard another two cards, going to down to a hand size
> of 3? (assuming it was originally 7)?

Yes.

> Would the same apply if the
> bleeding methuselah had played Form of Mist at superior instead of
> tapping an ambulance?

Yes.

> What if he played Ambulance, and THEN form of
> mist in the next combat, and is blocked again? i.e. can the Truth of
> Blood discard effect keep stacking during the one Truth of Blood
> action?

Yes.

LSJ

Apr 2, 2008, 6:07:54 AM4/2/08
Dasein wrote:
> Say I have a vampire with an Ambulance, who possesses inferior Auspex
> and Quietus. This vampire bleeds with Truth of Blood , i.e. +1 bleed
> and if the action is blocked the blocking minion's methuselah discards
> two cards at random, not replacing until the end of the action.
> I get blocked my a vampire controlled by my prey. We get into combat
> (blocking methuselah has 5 card hand size) and biff each other around
> a little. Combat finishes. Now I tap my Ambulance; the blocking minion
> attempts and successfully blocks again. Does the blocking minion's
> methuselah now discard another two cards, going to down to a hand size
> of 3? (assuming it was originally 7)?

Yes.

> Would the same apply if the
> bleeding methuselah had played Form of Mist at superior instead of
> tapping an ambulance?

Yes.

> What if he played Ambulance, and THEN form of
> mist in the next combat, and is blocked again? i.e. can the Truth of
> Blood discard effect keep stacking during the one Truth of Blood
> action?

Yes.

Archibald Zimonyi

Apr 2, 2008, 7:54:48 AM4/2/08

Ok, that's why IANLSJ.

Another question on the same theme, does the same go for Fleurdumal's
special? Does opponent still play with open hand if Ambulance is used?

Archie

LSJ

Apr 2, 2008, 8:04:27 AM4/2/08
Archibald Zimonyi wrote:
> Another question on the same theme, does the same go for Fleurdumal's
> special? Does opponent still play with open hand if Ambulance is used?

Fleurdumal: "until the end of the resulting combat".

Once that combat is over, the effect ends.
If she's blocked again, a new reduction will be applied in the new "resulting
combat", but it won't be cumulative with the first reduction, since the first
reduction has already ended.

Archibald Zimonyi

Apr 2, 2008, 9:37:24 AM4/2/08

Hmm ok, so if Fleurdemal for some reason became !Brujah and is
blocked, burns 1 blood and then plays Blood Brother Ambush the
opposing Methuselah would have to play with open hand during the
combat with the Blood Brother Ambush, right?

Archie

LSJ

Apr 2, 2008, 9:58:28 AM4/2/08

Yes. Indeed, for the rest of the action, since BBA canceled the combat.
(By the ruling on Fleurdumal that the effect lasts until the end of the action
if there is no resulting combat.)

Rehlow

Apr 2, 2008, 12:45:03 PM4/2/08

Except that Mirror Image and Shadow Body cannot be played on bleed
actions, so not too useful with Truth of Blood.

Later,
~Rehlow

Salem

Apr 2, 2008, 6:07:27 PM4/2/08
Rehlow wrote:
> On Apr 2, 3:48 am, Salem <salem_christ....@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Dasein wrote:

>> > (idly dreaming of a vampire with AUS / QUI / PRO and what he/she could
>> > do to a vampire backed up by a hand size of 1)
>>
>> with CHI or OBT you can keep playing the same S:CE + action continues
>> card (Mirror Image and Shadow Body, respectively).
>>

> Except that Mirror Image and Shadow Body cannot be played on bleed
> actions, so not too useful with Truth of Blood.

Well, _technically_ they can be _played_. It's just that they won't
continue the action. Which does kind of screw everything right up. :) My
bad...