Few questions regarding anarch cards

thrill_k...@yahoo.com

Sep 5, 2008, 5:58:01 PM9/5/08
Hi, I have a few questions regarding the new TR cards.

1. Can you use Twilight Camp twice the same influence phase?
It uses the "When" clause, but is it treated like Esau's ability?

2. Twilight Camp and Web of Knives Recruit. Can you make the recruit
anarch the turn it completes its training? It comes out of the
uncontrolled region, but is it treated as a vampire or a card at that
time?

3. Is Calvin Cleaver's second ability considered an action requiring
an anarch? "Once each turn, an anarch may add a blood to Calvin as a
+1 stealth action." So is "an anarch may do X" considered an action
requiring an anarch? Is "Called by any anarch" (Anarch Salon,
Firebrand) considered an action requiring an anarch?

4. If using Club Illusion for a bleed for +1, is that action
considered an action requiring an anarch?

Thank you for your answers.

The Lasombra

Sep 5, 2008, 6:21:56 PM9/5/08

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=cardlist

>1. Can you use Twilight Camp twice the same influence phase?

Yes, it can be used up to 4 times in the same influence phase.
It does not use a "during x do y" template so using it multiple
appropriate times is allowed.

> It uses the "When" clause, but is it treated like Esau's ability?

Esau has nothing to do with Twilight Camp.

>2. Twilight Camp and Web of Knives Recruit. Can you make the recruit
>anarch the turn it completes its training?

No.

>It comes out of the uncontrolled region, but is it treated as a vampire
>or a card at that time?

A card is moved. Once moved, it becomes a vampire.

>3. Is Calvin Cleaver's second ability considered an action requiring
>an anarch?

Yes.

>"Once each turn, an anarch may add a blood to Calvin as a
>+1 stealth action." So is "an anarch may do X" considered an action
>requiring an anarch?

Yes.

>Is "Called by any anarch" (Anarch Salon,
>Firebrand) considered an action requiring an anarch?

Yes.

>4. If using Club Illusion for a bleed for +1, is that action
>considered an action requiring an anarch?

No.

Club Illusion does not create an action, it modifies an existing one.

Twilight Camp [TR:R]
Cardtype: Master
Master.
Put this card in play with 4 counters. When you put a non-titled,
non-anarch vampire in play from your uncontrolled region, you may burn
a counter from this card to make that vampire anarch (and
independent). You may burn a counter from this card to add a blood to
an anarch as a master phase action. Burn this card when it has no
counters.
Artist: Leif Jones

Web of Knives Recruit [KMW:C, LotN:PA2]
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Assamite
Cost: 1 pool
Capacity: 3
+1 stealth action.
Put this card in play in your uncontrolled region with 3 training
counters. During your untap phase, burn a training counter from this
card. You may burn counters from no more than two recruits each untap
phase. When the last training counter is burned, move this card to
your ready region; it becomes a 3-capacity, non-unique Assamite with
Celerity [cel], Obfuscate [obf], Potence [pot], Quietus [qui] and 3
blood who is Blood Cursed.
Artist: Alexander Dunnigan

Calvin Cleaver [TR:U]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Gangrel
Group: 4
Capacity: 3
Discipline: for pro
Camarilla: Calvin may add a blood to an anarch as a +1 stealth action.

Once each turn, an anarch may add a blood to Calvin as a +1 stealth
action.

Artist: Ken Meyer, Jr.

Club Illusion [TR:R]
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master: unique location.
When any anarch vampire declares a bleed action, he or she can burn 1
blood to get +1 bleed on that action (only usable once each action).
Artist: Tom Biondillo

Klai...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2008, 6:23:05 PM9/5/08

1. Yes if multiple vampires come out, you can use it once on each one.
2. I THINK so but not fully sure of that.
3. Yes those all are actions requiring an anarch
4. No as Club Illusion isn't an action, but more like action modifier.

LSJ

Sep 5, 2008, 6:42:01 PM9/5/08
The Lasombra wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 14:58:01 -0700 (PDT), thrill_k...@yahoo.com
> wrote:
>
>> Hi, I have a few questions regarding the new TR cards.
>
> http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=cardlist
>
>> 1. Can you use Twilight Camp twice the same influence phase?
>
> Yes, it can be used up to 4 times in the same influence phase.

And more, even, if you pack more counters onto it.

> It does not use a "during x do y" template so using it multiple
> appropriate times is allowed.

Correct.

>> 2. Twilight Camp and Web of Knives Recruit. Can you make the recruit
>> anarch the turn it completes its training?
>
> No.
>

>> It comes out of the uncontrolled region, but is it treated as a vampire
>> or a card at that time?
>
> A card is moved. Once moved, it becomes a vampire.

Correct.

>> 3. Is Calvin Cleaver's second ability considered an action requiring
>> an anarch?
>
> Yes.
>
>> "Once each turn, an anarch may add a blood to Calvin as a
>> +1 stealth action." So is "an anarch may do X" considered an action
>> requiring an anarch?
>
> Yes.

Correct.

>> Is "Called by any anarch" (Anarch Salon,
>> Firebrand) considered an action requiring an anarch?
>
> Yes.

Correct.

>> 4. If using Club Illusion for a bleed for +1, is that action
>> considered an action requiring an anarch?
>
> No.
>
> Club Illusion does not create an action, it modifies an existing one.

Correct.

Thrall of Arika

Sep 5, 2008, 6:53:30 PM9/5/08
On Sep 5, 2:58 pm, thrill_kill_c...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi, I have a few questions regarding the new TR cards.
>
> 1. Can you use Twilight Camp twice the same influence phase?
>  It uses the "When" clause, but is it treated like Esau's ability?

I'm fairly certainly you can use Twilight Camp in this way. The 'when'
in this case are discrete events, one which you can use the ability
once (even beyond the the limitation that the vampire put into play is
a non-anarch) as you influence out each vampire.

> 2. Twilight Camp and Web of Knives Recruit. Can you make the recruit
> anarch the turn it completes its training? It comes out of the
> uncontrolled region, but is it treated as a vampire or a card at that
> time?

It seems everything is satisfied by cards texts. When you burn the
last counter on Web of Knives Recruit, the card enters play as a
vampire, moving from your Uncontrolled Region. Twilight Camp doesn't
care what the card was before it enters play, only if it's a vampire
when it does enter play.

> 3. Is Calvin Cleaver's second ability considered an action requiring
> an anarch? "Once each turn, an anarch may add a blood to Calvin as a
> +1 stealth action." So is "an anarch may do X" considered an action
> requiring an anarch?

It is an action that only Anarchs can take, and so is an action that
requires an Anarch.

> Is "Called by any anarch" (Anarch Salon,
> Firebrand) considered an action requiring an anarch?

Those political actions have updated texts that read "Requires an
Anarch", so yes, they are considered actions requiring an Anarch.

> 4. If using Club Illusion for a bleed for +1, is that action
> considered an action requiring an anarch?

No, Club Illusion itself doesn't provide a bleed action, it can only
be used when an Anarch of yours performs a bleed action (either the
default bleed, or one provided by a card).

Chris, Thrall of Arika

Jozxyqk

Sep 5, 2008, 7:43:39 PM9/5/08
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> >> 2. Twilight Camp and Web of Knives Recruit. Can you make the recruit
> >> anarch the turn it completes its training?
> >
> > No.
> >

> >> It comes out of the uncontrolled region, but is it treated as a vampire
> >> or a card at that time?
> >
> > A card is moved. Once moved, it becomes a vampire.

> Correct.

* Jozxyqk pulls out some IRC logs:

****
<LSJ> WoK Recruit moves to your ready region and then becomes a vampire.
<LSJ> But that hair may not be worth splitting.
****

I guess you decided that this is a hair worth splitting now? :(