[LSJ] Spying Mission vs Telepathic Counter

JH

Nov 23, 2009, 9:28:08 AM11/23/09
This came up on IRC today.

Can Telepathic Counter (or other similar bleed reduction) be played or
Dummy Corporation burned *after* Spying Mission fires for it's +2
bleed?

I guess the answer is no due to this ruling found on the WW site:

Spying Mission
# Is only played after all Reaction cards (as well as other Action
Modifiers) have been played. In particular, Telepathic Counter no
longer 'beats' Spying Mission unless it is played first (and the bleed
is not boosted back to positive). [TOM 19960303] [ ]

LSJ

Nov 23, 2009, 9:42:31 AM11/23/09

Right. Bleed reducers are played before resolution.

Powerlord

Nov 23, 2009, 11:13:12 AM11/23/09

I'm sorry LSJ, but once SM is in play (played on a previous round),
this rulling doesn't apply, or does it?

Burning SM after a successfull bleed is not the same as playing it
(and placing it on the minion), so you should be able to reduce the
bleed "modified" by SM after it as been "burned". Or burning the SM is
the same as playing it?

Ricardo Marta
Prince of Lisboa
Portugal

LSJ

Nov 23, 2009, 11:22:34 AM11/23/09

They're different things, clearly.

But it can only be played upon reaching resolution.
And it only burns when the bleed is successful (in action resolution).

The window to play (another) one is definitely before the window to burn one.

Powerlord

Nov 23, 2009, 11:31:36 AM11/23/09
> The window to play (another) one is definitely before the window to burn one.- Ocultar texto citado -
>
> - Mostrar texto citado -

ok, got it

Juggernaut1981

Nov 24, 2009, 5:58:11 PM11/24/09

JH,
Don't forget that if a bleed action is for a total of 0 or less it is
an unsuccessful BLEED but still is a successful action. So Spying
Mission will not "autoburn" unless the bleed action resolves for 1 or
more.

Spying Mission
Type: Action Modifier
Requires: Obfuscate
[obf] +1 stealth.
[OBF] Only usable when a bleed would be successful. The bleed burns no
pool; it is unsuccessful. Instead, put this card on the acting
vampire. The next time this vampire successfully bleeds the same
Methuselah, burn this card for +2 bleed.