Your deck is a metaphorical reflection of your personal inadequacies

1 view

Mongrel (MDH)

Apr 1, 2009, 4:59:59 PM4/1/09
Despite your claims of "it's just a game," your selection of crypt and
library cards in your VTES deck actually embodies the personal
inadequacies that you are attempting to escape via the fantasy of
gaming. Often, your choice of combat cards is an expression of your
desire to physically overwhelm people in ways that are socially
unacceptable and personally impossible (especially given your meager
physique). Other times, you choose to use political and social
manipulation powers which are a reflection of your deep social flaws
and inability to influence other people.

Maybe you got some vp's with your deck. Maybe you won some games, or
perhaps a tournament. The more your deck succeeds in VTES, the more
you convince yourself you've been absolved of your personal failures.
It's all just a coping mechanism for your defeat in the game of life.

-Matt

Johann von Doom

Apr 1, 2009, 6:19:15 PM4/1/09

Is this how the psychiatrist's report read when you got it back?
'Cause, man, talk about projection.

John Eno

Frederick Scott

Apr 4, 2009, 1:00:26 AM4/4/09

"Mongrel (MDH)" <mon...@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:c42a0278-b225-45d4...@j39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...

And don't even THINK of trying to make it into a trilogy!!!

*whiinnnnnne* After "The Matrix" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse
of the Black Pearl", the respective scriptwriting crews should have been
shot to assure that these fine works would not come to such lame ends as
"The Matrix Revolutions" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: Disney Needs To
Milk It One Last Time" (or whatever the hell it was called).

Cripes!

BrainBank

Apr 4, 2009, 9:53:52 AM4/4/09
On Apr 1, 4:59 pm, "Mongrel (MDH)" <mong...@hotpop.com> wrote:
> Despite your claims of "it's just a game," your selection of crypt and
> library cards in your VTES deck actually embodies the personal
> inadequacies that you are attempting to escape via the fantasy of
> gaming.

...but...but...I like that deck... *sniffle*

Are you saying I should have played my stealth-bleed deck?

-Ben Swainbank

Knight

Apr 7, 2009, 5:26:46 PM4/7/09

That's why my decks always lose!!! :-)