Magic of the smith

Hellbent

Sep 3, 2006, 4:38:54 PM9/3/06
Is Magic of the Smith an equip action? We had some one try to untap
Eze with Ghuru are the Land after using Magic of the smith to equip. I
said at the time that it wasn't labeled an equip action the way that ??
( earthfeeder?) is labeled HUNT ACTION, so he couldn't use it to untap
(not to mention that Eze can't avoid untapping off his own text
anyway). is there a ruling? quick search for: magic of the smith
equip action yielded nothing.

Regards,

DaveB

Wookie813

Sep 3, 2006, 5:10:55 PM9/3/06

Hellbent wrote:
> Is Magic of the Smith an equip action? <snip>
> Regards,
>
> DaveB

I found this, from 2001. The last sentence is what you are looking for:

> Mr. Lasombra, sir:

> Does using Grasp the Ghostly to "Move equipment from any other
> Methuselah's ash heap to this minion" count as "equipping"? For
> example, would a Leather Jacket obtained in this manner untap the
> active minion at the end of the turn?

Since Lasombra answers my questions, I'll answer his:

No.

"Move from here to there" is not "equipping".

"Equipping" must use the verb "equip" (as in the cardless action
to move equipment or Magic of the Smith.

--
LSJ (vtes...@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

jeff...@pacbell.net

Sep 3, 2006, 8:46:04 PM9/3/06

Wookie813 wrote:
> Hellbent wrote:
> > Is Magic of the Smith an equip action? <snip>
> > Regards,
> >
> > DaveB
>
> I found this, from 2001. The last sentence is what you are looking for:
>
> > Mr. Lasombra, sir:
>
> > Does using Grasp the Ghostly to "Move equipment from any other
> > Methuselah's ash heap to this minion" count as "equipping"? For
> > example, would a Leather Jacket obtained in this manner untap the
> > active minion at the end of the turn?
>
> Since Lasombra answers my questions, I'll answer his:
>
> No.

This "No." means a big YES in terms of answering your question.

> "Move from here to there" is not "equipping".
>
> "Equipping" must use the verb "equip" (as in the cardless action
> to move equipment or Magic of the Smith.

Magic of the Smith
+1 stealth action.
Search your library for an equipment card *and equip* this acting
vampire with it. (Pay cost to equip.) Shuffle your library afterwards.

YES, it is an equip action.

Jeff

Akantes

Sep 4, 2006, 10:02:46 AM9/4/06
> Magic of the Smith
> +1 stealth action.
> Search your library for an equipment card *and equip* this acting
> vampire with it. (Pay cost to equip.) Shuffle your library afterwards.
>
> YES, it is an equip action.

So it would trigger the requirement for forger's hammer?

Jozxyqk

Sep 4, 2006, 10:15:54 AM9/4/06

No, because Forger's Hammer requires you to be equipping from your
hand, by explicit card text.