TWD report: Sense Vibrations in Minsk, Belarus - January 24, 2010

Tessa

Jan 26, 2010, 6:43:19 PM1/26/10
Event: Sense Vibrations
Minsk, Belarus
17 (16) players*
3 rounds + final

*as one player dropped out after the first round

=============================
Deck Name : Hello from the past
Author : Ivan Chebunin
Description :
Just wanted to remember how boring this deck is.

Crypt (12 vampires) Capacity min: 2 max: 7 average: 4.91667

2x Gilbert Duane 7 AUS DOM OBF prince Malkavian:1
2x Zebulon 5 OBF aus dom pro Malkavian:1
2x Zoe 3 AUS cel obf Malkavian:2
1x Greger Anderssen 7 AUS OBF dom pro prince Malkavian:2
1x Mariel, Lady Thund 7 DOM OBF aus tha Malkavian:1
1x Ozmo 6 AUS dom obf Malkavian:1
1x Didi Meyers 5 DOM aus cel obf Malkavian:1
1x Mustafa Rahman 2 dom Tremere:2
1x Ohanna 2 dom Malkavian:2

Library (90 cards)

Action (12)
1x Dominate Kine
1x Far Mastery
10x Govern the Unaligned

Action Modifier (36)
3x Bonding
3x Cloak the Gathering
6x Conditioning
2x Domain of Evernight
4x Elder Impersonation
3x Faceless Night
1x Foreshadowing Destruction
5x Lost in Crowds
3x Seduction
1x Sleeping Mind, The
5x Spying Mission

Action Modifier/Combat (2)
2x Swallowed by the Night

Ally (1)
1x Muddled Vampire Hunter

Combat (8)
2x Aura Reading
1x Behind You!
1x Gemini's Mirror
3x No Trace
1x Read Intentions

Master (17)
1x Anarch Troublemaker
1x Asylum Hunting Ground
1x Barrens, The
2x Blood Doll
2x Dominate
1x Elysium: The Arboretum
1x Fear of Mekhet
1x Forest of Shadows
1x Fragment of the Book of Nod
1x Obfuscate
1x Pentex™ Subversion
1x Secure Haven
1x Sudden Reversal
2x Vessel

Reaction (14)
5x Deflection
2x Eluding the Arms of Morpheus
1x Eyes of Argus
1x On the Qui Vive
5x Telepathic Misdirection

From the author:

In every game played I used no more 45 cards, but 5 out of 3 combat
cards (except for the final game). Fragment and Pentex brought me the
win in the third round against the strong Saulot's deck. Also Sleeping
Mind proved to be very helpful and came in every game.
In general, playing this deck is boring, but effective, especially
when everyone goes in for his prey.

As for the final, it was a race between Maria's setite Dream World
deck and my deck.
Seatings was as follow: Maria Semenova (FoS breed&bleed), Freeze (FoS
stealth-bleed), Andrew Kaspar (Cybeletron), Dmitriy Belastotsky (Anson
Ashur) and me.
I had not the best crypt, no Ohanna or Mustafa. That's why I brought
out Gilbert and first govern was used for acceleration. To the fifth
turn I had Gilbert and Ozmo and Zebulon was coming. Maria had already
2 vamps and 3 waters of duat. My prey rushed Cybele with Volker and
had been torporized by Conflagration, good for me. Everyone was
discarding stealth cards. I bleeded for 7 with 2 vamps. Maria played
Dream World and bleeded for 12. I went on bleeding, so Maria did not
influence out new vamps. Freeze rescued Volker from torpor and he
rushed Cybele once again and torpor again. I went out of modifiers and
had to play Spying Mission. In her turn Maria ousted Freeze and
Wash'ed Andrew's Golconda on the Great Beast. I bleeded more. Maria
ousted Andrew and reduced Dmitriy's pools to 4. Dmitriy rushed Maria
twice. For my luck I got Bonding, which with Ozmo's Spying Mission
and Dominate Kine allowed me to bleed Maria for 8 pools exactly. Next
turn I oust Dmitriy. GW.

Satrapa

Jan 27, 2010, 11:25:31 AM1/27/10
Lot of heavy bleeders. It looks like Archon Investigation isn't very
popular in Minsk.
With lot of powerbleeds and stealth&bleeds it isn't surprising that
deck featuring the best bleeding and sneaking discipline won.
Maybe someday I'll be able to visit you on some tournament :) (I'll
gather at least 3 A.I. by then :P)

Ector

Jan 28, 2010, 2:52:34 AM1/28/10
Satrapa wrote:
> Lot of heavy bleeders. It looks like Archon Investigation isn't very
> popular in Minsk.

> Maybe someday I'll be able to visit you on some tournament :) (I'll
> gather at least 3 A.I. by then :P)
You are welcome! But I don't think your AIs will help you much :)
Cybelotron generally cannot be defeated by burning one of its
vampires, Setites aren't going to trigger your A.I., and so on.