TWD: German ECQ 2010 Ludwigshafen

alf

May 3, 2010, 4:56:18 PM5/3/10
ECQ 2010
Ludwigshafen, Germany
May 2, 2010
27 players

Alfred Behrends Tournament Winning Deck

1GW5 before final (3rd seed), 1,5vp in final

Deck Name : Govern the Gates
Author : Alf Behrends
Description : IMHO G4/5 has an insanely good weenie to midcap crypt for
POT and DOM/POT. Inspired by Tuomas Nyberg's TWD "Dr. Sutphens Dental
Care" I used the new crypt, replaced Computer Hackings with Govern and
some cards for my personal taste. Didn't get to play the deck before the
qualifier and really only wanted to qualify, so I'm very pleased with
it's perfomance. Never used the whole library so should probably go down
to 80 or even 75 cards.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 3 max: 6 average: 4.83333

2x Virginie, Prodigy 6 DOM POT obt bishop Lasombra:4
1x Accorri Giovanni 6 DOM POT ani nec Giovanni:5
1x Black Wallace 6 DOM POT obt tha Lasombra:4
1x Donatello Giovanni 5 DOM aus pot pre Giovanni:4
1x Ermenegildo, The R 5 DOM OBT pot Lasombra:4
1x Esoara 5 DOM aus for pot !Tremere:4
1x Gianmaria Giovanni 5 POT dom nec obt Giovanni:5
1x Patrick 4 POT pre !Brujah:4
1x Volo 4 POT pro san Blood Bro:5
1x Almodo Giovanni 3 dom pot Giovanni:4
1x Arriette Sylla 3 POT Osebo:4

Library [90 cards]

Master [12]
1x Archon Investigation
4x Blood Doll
1x Dominate
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Fame
1x Haven Uncovered
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Potence
1x WMRH Talk Radio

Action [21]
1x Abbot
5x Bum's Rush
1x Dominate Kine
1x Far Mastery
11x Govern the Unaligned
1x Graverobbing
1x Rampage

Action Modifier [4]
4x Bonding

Ally [1]
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)

Combat [31]
2x High Ground
7x Increased Strength
3x Mighty Grapple
3x Taste of Vitae
14x Thrown Gate
2x Weighted Walking Stick

Equipment [4]
1x Ivory Bow
2x Leather Jacket
1x Sport Bike

Event [1]
1x Scourge of the Enochians

Reaction [13]
6x Deflection
2x Delaying Tactics
4x On the Qui Vive
1x Touch of Pain

Retainer [3]
1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
1x Mr. Winthrop
1x Tasha Morgan

Ishvalan

May 3, 2010, 6:52:33 PM5/3/10

That deck seems really fun, and everytime I see a Lasombra in combat I
do smile :)

PS: I wish there would be some kind of Rego Motus for Obt , keep
dreaming ish!

Ishvalan

May 3, 2010, 7:21:27 PM5/3/10
I hope you don't mind, I've posted it in the blog , and also linked to
this topic.

Congrats for the tournament win :)

Kevin M.

May 4, 2010, 2:56:57 AM5/4/10
alf wrote:
> ECQ 2010
> Ludwigshafen, Germany
> May 2, 2010
> 27 players
>
> Alfred Behrends Tournament Winning Deck
[deck snipped]

So, Bakija, do you think this deck won more because of the
potence or because of the 11x Govern/4x Bonding? ;)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! http://vtesville.myminicity.com/
Please bid on my auctions! http://shop.ebay.com/kjmergen/m.html

Alf

May 4, 2010, 3:27:02 AM5/4/10
On 4 Mai, 00:52, Ishvalan <alvaroman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That deck seems really fun, and everytime I see a Lasombra in combat I
> do smile :)
>
> PS: I wish there would be some kind of Rego Motus for Obt  , keep

> dreaming ish!- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

In round 3 I had Vincent as prey playing "Weenie Dom For with Zip Gun
and Target Vitals". His first turn discard was Soak. I got Virginie
out and he discarded another Soak. I feard for my combat and expected
him having a hand full of Fortitude. In fact he expected my deck to be
Lasombra S&B and took quite some time to get some prevention later in
the game. His Zip Gun/TV gave me trouble anyway and it took me some
effort to oust him and the game timed out afterwards. Would have been
even harder with those Soaks.

Lesson learned: Expect the unexpected.

There was quite a lot of combat for a qualifier.

-Alf
(feel free to link/use in blog)

Peter D Bakija

May 4, 2010, 8:22:51 AM5/4/10
On May 4, 2:56 am, "Kevin M." <youw...@imaspammer.org> wrote:
> So, Bakija, do you think this deck won more because of the
> potence or because of the 11x Govern/4x Bonding?  ;)

Gah. I just don't know. Whenever I play decks like this (and I've
played decks like this *a lot*...), they generally just blow. Either
the combat isn't sufficient due to high amounts of fortitude or SCE or
Lid/Crow hitback *or* the bleed isn't sufficient due to it being
jammed up by combat. I was just looking at this deck and saying "Man.
How do people win with stuff like this?" I mean, it isn't a bad deck,
what with the Dominate and all. But it just never seems to work when I
see it or use it.

-Peter

Ector

May 4, 2010, 8:45:48 AM5/4/10

Congrats for the win!
It may sound as a joke, but I've just built a very similar deck - but
it was more rushy and less bleedy :) Double Virginie, double Black
Wallace, Gatjil, Gianmaria and two Lorrie. It had some Anarch cards,
especially Hell-for-Leather, and much more combat cards.

Vincent

May 4, 2010, 10:19:25 AM5/4/10

In fact, it was Black Wallace. And I was pretty stupid to assume it
was a bleed stealth deck given that he's a poor choice in such a deck :
(

suoli

May 4, 2010, 10:40:35 AM5/4/10

Govern down, not forward. Bruise&Bleed still blows. Swarm bleeding
with 5 or 6 minions that can defend themselves in combat, on the other
hand, gives just about any deck trouble.