TWDA . E.C.Q. Grand Slam Córdoba 25/04/09

inaki.pu...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2009, 4:10:46 AM4/27/09
E.C.Q. Córdoba, (Spanish Grand Slam)
Córdoba, Spain
25/april/2009
24 players
3R+F
Winner: Iñaki Puigdollers

Constructor: Iñaki Puigdollers
Jugador: Iñaki Puigdollers

Nombre: Gossips at the playground v2.0

This is just a twsit of the version I played at the 1st day in Spanish
Nationals with improved card flow, I reduced some master cards and
allies to the minimum in order to speed up the kill and make drawing
more consistant.

Taste of vitae was cream, pure unexpected tech.

Best action of the deck: making someone anarch.

Puntos 2 + 3 + 3 + 4 = 12 V.P.

Final table: Esau (Stanislava, Bleed+ vote) --> Me --> Sergio Gracia
(Ventrue, lawfirm 4/5) --> Tomás López (Lasombra, black hand, descent
into darkness + Corporal Reservoir) --> César (!Ventrue/Ventrue, power
bleed). César got the 5th table point at the final

CRYPT 12

1x Feo Ramos 1 aus
1x Franciscus 1 aus
1x Piotr Andreikov 2 aus
1x Almiro Suarez 2 aus
1x Blythe Candeleria 3 aus THA
1x Isabel de Leon 3 AUS
1x Martin Franckel 3 AUS tha
1x Zöe 3 AUS obf cel
1x Richard Tauber, Ayelea's Puppet 4 AUS tha
1x Maldavis 4 AUS for pre
1x Idalia, Prophaet of Guadalajara 4 AUS dem
1x Remilliard, Devout Crusader 4 AUS pre

LIBRARY 77

Master 13

1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x The Rack
1x Pentex Subversion
2x Direct Intervention
2x Smiling Jack the Anarch
2x Blood Doll
4x Vessel

Action 2

1x Constant Revolution
1x Aranthebes, the immortal

Equipment 4

1x Heart of Nizchetus
1x Bowl of convergence
1x Ivory Bow
1x Sniper Rifle

Ally 2

1x Ponticulus
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)

Combat 9

5x Target VItals
2x Weighted Walking stick
2x Taste of Vitae

Reaction 47

6x Forced Awakening
4x On the qui vive
5x Eyes of Argus
7x Eagle' s Sight
6x Telepathic Misdirection
5x My enemy' s enemy
4x Enhanced Senses
4x Precognition
4x Spirit' s Touch
2x Delaying Tactics

Greetings,

Iñaki.-

Shockwave

Apr 27, 2009, 5:09:31 AM4/27/09
See, this just makes me realise you could build this and get it easily
to 75% Malkavian with minimal losses, and run it as an Imperator deck.
This amuses me greatly.

What scares me, on the other hand is how good Marrakesh Codex will be
in it.

inaki.pu...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2009, 4:59:25 AM4/28/09

Minimal? You lose drypt consistancy. Yo should play bigger peeps, or
inferior auspex if you want to keep the crypt low. Although you have
madness network.

Greetings,

Iñaki.-

Johannes Walch

Apr 28, 2009, 6:42:07 AM4/28/09
inaki.pu...@gmail.com schrieb:

Yeah madness network plus Victoria which is strong pool gain.

--
If playing against Cock all you need to
remember is: Don�t get caught by Cock.

Shockwave

Apr 28, 2009, 9:51:25 AM4/28/09
> Minimal? You lose drypt consistancy. Yo should play bigger peeps, or
> inferior auspex if you want to keep the crypt low. Although you have
> madness network.

Not too badly I think, considering you make it to 75% for Imperator
format, gain options in the Madness Network side of things, and you
end up (roughly sketching here) probably doubling up on two Malkavians
only. It's still pretty good for a little drawback.

Just a quick, 5 minute roundup gives me:

2x Victoria 5 AUS cel obf Malkavian:2
2x David Morgan, The 3 aus pot Malkavian:3
2x Zoe 3 AUS cel obf Malkavian:2
1x Dr. Douglas Netchu 6 AUS OBF dem dom Malkavian:3
1x Adelaide Davis 4 aus dem obf Malkavian:3
1x Maldavis 4 AUS for pre Caitiff:3
1x Isabel de Leon 3 AUS Toreador:2
1x Martin Franckel 3 AUS tha Tremere:3
1x Milo, The Invisibl 3 aus obf Malkavian:3

Fine, I've had to double up to make the grade in terms of Malkavians,
so point taken, it does lose a bit though. (that's probably avoidable
though if I bothered to work through it, just Zoe seemed the obvious
option)

Peter D Bakija

Apr 28, 2009, 10:22:11 AM4/28/09
On Apr 28, 6:42 am, Johannes Walch <johannes.wa...@vekn.de> wrote:
> Yeah madness network plus Victoria which is strong pool gain.

Not that this is a bad plan (as it is a good one), but the new Madness
Network rules make it slightly less good than it used to be. Under the
old rules, your predator says "Done" and you bleed with a Malkavian,
get he edge, and you score. With the new rules, if I understand them
correctly, your predator says "Done" while saving an untapped minion,
you go bleed, get the edge, and then he can pick up priority again,
bleed you again, and get the edge back.

Not a huge issue for Victoria/Madness Network, but something new to
worry about.

-Peter

Blooded Sand

Apr 28, 2009, 10:29:29 AM4/28/09
On Apr 28, 4:22 pm, Peter D Bakija <p...@lightlink.com> wrote:
> On Apr 28, 6:42 am, Johannes Walch <johannes.wa...@vekn.de> wrote:
>
> > Yeah madness network plus Victoria which is strong pool gain.
>
> Not that this is a bad plan (as it is a good one), but the new Madness
> Network rules make it slightly less good than it used to be. Under the
> old rules, your predator says "Done" and you bleed with a Malkavian,
> get he edge, and you score. With the new rules, if I understand them
> correctly, your predator says "Done" while saving an untapped minion,
> you go bleed, get the edge, and then he can pick up priority again,
> bleed you again, and get the edge back.

At which point he passes priority and your next Malk in line bleeds,
giving you the edge again. Short off silly FOR bleeds that is.....

floppyzedolfin

Apr 28, 2009, 10:47:58 AM4/28/09
On Apr 28, 4:22 pm, Peter D Bakija <p...@lightlink.com> wrote:
> Not that this is a bad plan (as it is a good one), but the new Madness
> Network rules make it slightly less good than it used to be. Under the
> old rules, your predator says "Done" and you bleed with a Malkavian,
> get he edge, and you score. With the new rules, if I understand them
> correctly, your predator says "Done" while saving an untapped minion,
> you go bleed, get the edge, and then he can pick up priority again,
> bleed you again, and get the edge back.
>
> Not a huge issue for Victoria/Madness Network, but something new to
> worry about.
>
> -Peter

I suppose you could block his bleed :)

Peter D Bakija

Apr 28, 2009, 10:53:01 AM4/28/09
On Apr 28, 10:29 am, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At which point he passes priority and your next Malk in line bleeds,
> giving you the edge again. Short off silly FOR bleeds that is.....

Sure. There are plenty of ways to make it work. But back in the day,
you could just leave a single dude untapped, bleed with the Madness
Network, and get the edge at the last possible second. I'm just
pointing out that it takes more work now.

-Peter

Blooded Sand

Apr 28, 2009, 11:19:55 AM4/28/09

I used to always wait to bleed with everyone till my prey was done
anyway, untapped dudes are much better for flicking anyway....

inaki.pu...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2009, 1:50:10 PM4/28/09

But prefer this crypt (1-2) better:

2x Victoria 5 AUS cel obf Malkavian:2

1x Dollface 3 aus obf Malkavian:1

2x Zoe 3 AUS cel obf Malkavian:2

1x Ozmo 6 AUS obf dom Malkavian:1 +1 bleed
1x Watenda 3 obf Malkavian: 2
1x Aleph 4 AUS dom Malkavian:1
1x Franciscus 1 aus Caitiff:2

1x Isabel de Leon 3 AUS Toreador:2

1x Dieter Kleist 2 aus Toreador:1 (he could be
Dorian Strack but I don't think you'l need so much AUS)
1x Brazil 2 aus Malkavian:1

Greetings,

Iñaki.-
Though Watenda doesn't have aus/AUS he is huge, specially with an
sniper against rush decks), and a nice guy to do the dirty things, he
won't be your first guy on table anyways

Johannes Walch

Apr 29, 2009, 6:08:18 AM4/29/09
Blooded Sand schrieb:

Sure, but chances are you will have tapped guys from blocking because uh
you know you are a block deck :)

Teeka

Apr 29, 2009, 1:18:25 PM4/29/09
On 28 apr, 10:59, inaki.puigdoll...@gmail.com wrote:
> You lose drypt consistancy.

Rotflmao!

I'm sorry, I know it's just a typo, but that sounds so funny!

"I dunno, doc. Ever since I had that accident with my bike, I've been
losing drypt consistency!"

-Teeka
...I might be the only one laughing, though. 8-)