Dork Side of the Boon, Mainz on March 6th, 2010 (TWD)

extrala

Mar 7, 2010, 3:47:43 PM3/7/10
On March 6th, 2010 in Mainz, Germany 12 VtES players gathered for a
constructed tournament. Here's the tournament winning deck as well as
a tournament report by the winning player, Rudolf:

I entered the finals 3rd place. Seats were chosen as follows:
1) Alexander, Guilleaume feat. Locations and Hordes
2) Rudolf, Clan Tzimisce Block and Bleed
3) Ralf, Presence Weenies and Midcaps Power Bleed
4) Michael, !Toreador Breed and Vote
5) Lukas, !Nosferatu Vermin Channel Power Bleed

The first decision in the game was one with lasting consequences:
Alexander decided not to play his KRCG to save pool and instead
discarded it - in fear of Lukas' bleeds. I had neither the best crypt
(double Lambach and double Caliban) nor the best starting hand, but
quite a comfortable life during the forthcoming rounds of play,
because Ralf could neither find or (unsudden'ed) play any of his
intercept, and both he and Alexander were not interested being hit by
Rotschreck (fear is maybe the most useful effect of this card).
Nevertheless, Ralf soon began bleeding his prey Michael very hard, who
could only survive by means of Consanguineous Boon in combination with
Embrace and Consecration Rites. Lukas tried the very best to look
harmless (having entered the finals with 2 GW, as well as Ralf), but
astonishingly he really was. His library jammed, so he could not exert
any pressure on my predator Alexander. Alexander had brought out
Guilleaume as well as one, two locations and looked quite confidently.
But he left me in peace, which gave enough time to bring out Caliban
(who got 2 Revenants) and Lambach without trouble. Unhappily, I did
not draw any helpful master cards at that time. Ralf had 3, 4, then 5
minions out and bled constantly for 3 or more. Michael could bounce 2
bleeds at Lukas, who soon became the first candidate for being ousted.

Knowing he could oust Lukas, Michael wanted to much. Having a cardinal
(Klaus Konrecht) and Foundation Exhibit in play, he made a deal with
Alexander: Alexander should allow him to have Klaus Konrecht (who
"just for cycling" had been the target of an early Divine Sign by
Alexander) play a Cardinal Benediction, and gain ultimate voting
power. In return Michael would not act against his new prey for full 2
rounds ... Alexander agreed, but during his next turn, he let his
Shambling Hordes rush one of Michael's Creation Rites. Still, I felt
no pressure, or could bounce bleeds at Ralf. As I got out my Erciyes
Fragments, I gained new hope: Lambach could use the presence bleed
cards of Ralf's Deck!

Somehow unexpected, Michael became the second oust. Ralf bled without
fear of running into Archon Investigation and I could only Eagle Sight
block the second last ousting attempt (and Rotschreck Rake). At least,
I hindered him ousting two ;ethuselahs in one turn ... I succeeded in
talking Alexander in into focusing on his predator. Then Ralf's time
to get ousted was come: Constant gnawing of early enough played Army
of Rats and Lambach's new bleed power combined with Deep Song bleeds
and Changeling was, happily, to much for Ralf's pool.

So it was now Caliban, Lambach, and Corine Marcon against Guilleaume,
two 4-cap Giovanni, a Shambling Hordes, and a procurer. Alexander
brought a Dis Pater into play and now had a way of letting vanish the
useful Dominate cards. And he drew into his Seduction and Call of the
Hungry Dead cards. Luckily, I also got useful cards at hand and was
able to block and torporize Alexander's two 4-caps, and finally
Lambach himself ended the game with an erciyed Govern the Unaligned
bleed and won me the unique cards sleeves with the tournament logo.

Dork Side of the Boon
Mainz, Germany
March 6th, 2010
12 players
2R + F

Deck Name : New Days, Old School
Author : Rudolf Garski
Description : A tale of old told anew ...
Note: Erciyes Fragments combined with Lambach allowed me to win the
finals.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 10 average: 5.91667
2x Lambach 10 ANI AUS DOM VIC pre cardinal Tzimisce:2
2x Caliban 6 ANI AUS VIC Tzimisce:2
1x Little Tailor of P 8 ANI AUS VIC dem Tzimisce:2
1x Meshenka 8 ANI AUS VIC priscus Tzimisce:2
1x Corine Marcon 6 AUS VIC ani Tzimisce:2
1x Devin Bisley 5 ANI AUS vic Tzimisce:2
1x Elizabeth Westcott 5 AUS ani cel vic Tzimisce:3
1x Lolita Houston 4 VIC aus Tzimisce:2
1x Horatio 2 vic Tzimisce:2
1x Anarch Convert 1 Caitiff:0

Library [90 cards]
Action [9]
1x Aranthebes, The Immortal
1x Army of Rats
7x Deep Song

Action Modifier [9]
6x Changeling
3x Mind of the Wilds

Action Modifier/Combat [4]
4x Plasmic Form

Combat [15]
6x Breath of the Dragon
9x Chiropteran Marauder

Event [1]
1x Fourth Cycle, The

Master [17]
1x Channel 10
1x Erciyes Fragments, The
1x Library Hunting Ground
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Rack, The
4x Rotschreck
1x Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper, The
1x Smiling Jack, The Anarch
1x Society of Leopold
2x Sudden Reversal
2x Vessel
1x Yawp Court

Reaction [30]
5x Eagle's Sight
7x Eyes of Argus
4x Forced Awakening
3x My Enemy's Enemy
3x On the Qui Vive
3x Read the Winds
5x Telepathic Misdirection

Retainer [5]
5x Revenant

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Sat Mar 06 20:41:34 2010]

xcver

Mar 12, 2010, 4:36:20 AM3/12/10
nice one. Congrats

Bernd