LSJ Ilomba

botipeti

Jun 18, 2009, 3:43:39 AM6/18/09
Hi!

I searched the group for an answer but didn't find any.
If I somhow manage to successfully do more than 1 damage to an Ilomba,
does its controller has to burn that much blood or just one regardless
of the amount dealt?

Thx,

floppyzedolfin

Jun 18, 2009, 3:56:59 AM6/18/09

Rulebook 6.4.6 :
Allies and retainers treat aggravated damage the same as normal
damage. For each point of damage (regular or aggravated) inflicted on
an ally or retainer, he burns one life counter.

Since each damage is treated separately, the minion with Ilomba burns
the amount of blood / life Ilomba should have burned in life, whether
it is 1 or more makes no difference.

James Coupe

Jun 18, 2009, 4:00:07 AM6/18/09

1 per damage.

First damage, burn a life, oh no the controller does it instead. Second
damage, burn a life, oh no the controller does it instead. Third
damage, burn a life, oh no the controller does it instead. Repeat as
necessary.

So an Assault Rifle shooting an Ilomba with Scattershot (close range)
and Target Retainer will cause the minion it is on to burn 6 blood/life
or be burned.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

botipeti

Jun 18, 2009, 4:32:45 AM6/18/09
Thanks for the answers.
And what if I employ Ilomba from my library (with e.g. Muricia's Call)
or from my ash heap (with e.g. Patrizia Giovanni's ability), can I
still place it on another methuselah's minion?

botipeti

Jun 18, 2009, 4:37:23 AM6/18/09

I left out from my hand with another card (e.g. Jack of Both Sides).

floppyzedolfin

Jun 18, 2009, 5:03:37 AM6/18/09

The Summoning (rather than Muricia's Call) doesn't specify the target
of the Ilomba as you play it (the Summoning), since you don't announce
which card you are searching for, so you can't place a Summoned
Ilomba on that unspecified minion.

About Patrizia (Yay! ), she can put the Ilomba on another minion if
she employs it from the ash heap, as
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/e1710c357b3f4038
seems to explain.

About Jack of Both Sides,
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/3c0d68aaf7a8255c
"When used to, say, equip a Leather Jacket, then it is an "Equip
Leather Jacket"
action. (And, if successful, the acting minion would untap, by card
text on
Leather Jacket.) "
makes me think you put the Ilomba on another minion. The target of
Ilomba should be announced as the Jack of Both Sides is played.

That's kinda tricky. My analogies with Flchware's Pawn Shop and Jack
of Both Sides (especially that last one) might be completely wrong :-)

floppyzedolfin

Jun 18, 2009, 5:10:37 AM6/18/09
On Jun 18, 11:03 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> About Patrizia (Yay! ), she can put the Ilomba on another minion if

> she employs it from the ash heap, ashttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/e171...
> seems to explain.

Oh, wait, wrong link: should've been
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/3a0eb6ab21f37ee0

botipeti

Jun 18, 2009, 10:02:03 AM6/18/09
> Oh, wait, wrong link: should've beenhttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/3a0e...

what about Trophy: Retainers? Does it work, too?

D.J.

Jun 18, 2009, 10:16:30 AM6/18/09

Given the precedent from Zhenga and Swarm...
http://tinyurl.com/le7bj2
I'd venture to say that if the effect (like Patrizia, or Filchware's,
or Jack of Both Sides) is allowing you to take the action to play the
card from another place or in an unusual way, you can put the Ilomba/
Swarm/Bloodstone somewhere else. If the effect in question (like
Trophy:Retainers, or Zhenga's extra recruits, or Alastor) doesn't
count as taking the action for whatever reason, you can't use any
special redirecting effects. (Trophy: Retainers specifically says
"This is not an action," so I'd assume you can't use the D-action
option on Ilomba/Swarm if there's no action.)

(Also worth noting: At pre:, The Summoning doesn't allow you to employ
the retainer as part of the action, it just puts it in your hand. At
PRE:, The Summoning doesn't have anything to do with retainers. So
that's probably not a useful example or comparison to work with.)

- D.J.

floppyzedolfin

Jun 18, 2009, 10:26:47 AM6/18/09
On 18 juin, 16:16, "D.J." <dj...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Jun 18, 10:02 am, botipeti <botip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > what about Trophy: Retainers? Does it work, too?
>
> Given the precedent from Zhenga and Swarm...http://tinyurl.com/le7bj2

> I'd venture to say that if the effect (like Patrizia, or Filchware's,
> or Jack of Both Sides) is allowing you to take the action to play the
> card from another place or in an unusual way, you can put the Ilomba/
> Swarm/Bloodstone somewhere else.  If the effect in question (like
> Trophy:Retainers, or Zhenga's extra recruits, or Alastor) doesn't
> count as taking the action for whatever reason, you can't use any
> special redirecting effects.  (Trophy: Retainers specifically says
> "This is not an action," so I'd assume you can't use the D-action
> option on Ilomba/Swarm if there's no action.)

I'd give the same answer, using a Pier 13 + Bloodstone example
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/334b5e9a81681916

> (Also worth noting: At pre:, The Summoning doesn't allow you to employ
> the retainer as part of the action, it just puts it in your hand.  At
> PRE:, The Summoning doesn't have anything to do with retainers.  So
> that's probably not a useful example or comparison to work with.)
>
> - D.J.

Yup, I totally messed that part up. I focused on Ilomba not requiring
animalism, and so not able of being fetched by Muricia's Call.
Other example : If you play Pack Alpha on Ilomba, it'll go on your
vampire.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/c45f41cc1ed2d803

Juggernaut1981

Jun 19, 2009, 2:09:32 AM6/19/09
On Jun 19, 12:26 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18 juin, 16:16, "D.J." <dj...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 18, 10:02 am, botipeti <botip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > what about Trophy: Retainers? Does it work, too?
>
> > Given the precedent from Zhenga and Swarm...http://tinyurl.com/le7bj2
> > I'd venture to say that if the effect (like Patrizia, or Filchware's,
> > or Jack of Both Sides) is allowing you to take the action to play the
> > card from another place or in an unusual way, you can put the Ilomba/
> > Swarm/Bloodstone somewhere else.  If the effect in question (like
> > Trophy:Retainers, or Zhenga's extra recruits, or Alastor) doesn't
> > count as taking the action for whatever reason, you can't use any
> > special redirecting effects.  (Trophy: Retainers specifically says
> > "This is not an action," so I'd assume you can't use the D-action
> > option on Ilomba/Swarm if there's no action.)
>
> I'd give the same answer, using a Pier 13 + Bloodstone examplehttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/334b...

> > (Also worth noting: At pre:, The Summoning doesn't allow you to employ
> > the retainer as part of the action, it just puts it in your hand.  At
> > PRE:, The Summoning doesn't have anything to do with retainers.  So
> > that's probably not a useful example or comparison to work with.)
>
> > - D.J.
>
> Yup, I totally messed that part up. I focused on Ilomba not requiring
> animalism, and so not able of being fetched by Muricia's Call.
> Other example : If you play Pack Alpha on Ilomba, it'll go on your
> vampire.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/c45f...

It probably comes down to a fairly simple distinction: was it "put
into play" or was it "recruited".

Recruited-style text...
"This minion may equip/recruit a retainer from [insert place here] as
a [insert action conditions, including (D), cost, stealth]" -----> put
the Ilomba anywhere you want.

Put-Into-Play-style text...
"Search your [insert places here] for a retainer. Put this retainer
into play on this minion" ----> put the Ilomba on the acting minion
only.