Michigan GLQ Results

Robert Dudock

Aug 23, 2010, 12:53:58 PM8/23/10
The Michigan GLQ unfolded on Sunday, August 22nd with 24 players in
attendance. Nine players drove up from Ohio (thanks guys!) and four
were players that, while not new to the game, their names have not
before seen the light of the V:KEN registry. It was an excellent
turnout by any measure and I cannot thank everyone enough who came out
and participated in the fun!

After 3 rounds, the 6 qualifying players were as follows:
1) Thomas Lynn of Newark, Ohio - 2GW, 11VP - !Malk Stealth / Bleed
2) David Wilson of Ann Arbor, Michigan - 2GW, 8VP - Ivan Krenyenko
gets lots of stuff
3) Sam Hirschman of Ann Arbor, Michigan - 2GW, 6.5 VP - Assamite
Loss / Heartblood
4) Devin Crane of Flint, Michigan - 1GW, 6VP - Trujah Summon History /
Bruise / Bleed
5) Mark Merlin Petersen of Granc Blanc, Michigan - Big Torries with .
44s / Masika gets the Cog
6) Linc Bullard of Taylor, Michigan - Malk ’94 Stealth / Bleed

The events of the final round will be posted on Merlin’s blog, which
can be found here:
http://merlin-throne.blogspot.com/

The results of the final round are as follows:
1) (1st place) David Wilson - 2VP
2) (2nd place) Devin Crane - 2VP
3) (2nd place) Thomas Lynn - 1VP
4) (2nd place) Mark Petersen - 0VP
5) (2nd place) Sam Hirschman - 0VP

Due to the tie and lack of a game win in the final, David won by
virtue of being the highest seeded player entering into the final
round. It’s also worth mentioning that the last tournament David and
Devin were at together, Devin was the last person sitting at the
finals table, but David still won, exactly the same result as this
time. =-)
CONGRATULATIONS DAVID and to all the qualifying players!

I’d like to finish this post with a special thanks to four giants of
the V:TES community for their help with this event.

Ben Peal - for jumping on his email horse and tracking down missing
promos!
Lasombra - for hearing Ben’s call and providing a bunch of free
promos!
Oscar Garza - for also hearing Ben’s call and getting new and very
unexpected (Battlelines SL) promos to me at the last hour!
Jay Kristoff - for using his Presence abilities (“Hey, I’m going to
this tournament …”) and helping cause a posse of Ohioans to venture
north of the border!

I hope to see people at NOLA!

Robb Dudock
V:KEN Prince of Flint, Michigan

Wilsoros

Aug 23, 2010, 1:22:14 PM8/23/10
Hello Rob et al,

Thank you very much for hosting the event, it was a lot of fun. As to
Devin, I like him a lot and can never bring myself to actually oust
him, the result is the same either way :)

Here is the deck list

Deck Name : TWD: Ivan's Shilmulo Tarot
Author : David Wilson
Description :
A very fun deck to play, it needs to be trimmed and re-worked. The
other ravnos with dom should be added, as CHI isn't as mandatory as I
initially thought. Get out Ivan, get the heart of nizchetus, and let
the cycling roll.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 5 max: 10 average: 7.91667

5x Ivan Krenyenko 10 ANI CHI FOR POT obf Ravnos:2
2x Gabrin 8 ANI CHI dom for Ravnos:2
2x Joaquina Amaya 6 ANI CHI FOR Ravnos:2
1x Sarisha Veliku 6 ANI FOR chi dom Ravnos:2
1x Vaclav Petalengro 6 ANI CHI for pot Ravnos:2
1x Khalil Ravana 5 CHI ani for pre Ravnos:2

Library [90 cards]

Action [8]
1x Aranthebes, The Immortal
2x Deep Song
3x Restoration
2x Sensory Deprivation

Action Modifier [23]
1x Enkil Cog
3x False Resonance
5x Fata Morgana
12x Freak Drive
2x Will-o'-the-Wisp

Action Modifier/Combat [3]
3x Mirror Image

Action/Reaction [4]
4x Draba

Ally [1]
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)

Combat [3]
3x Skin of Steel

Equipment [9]
1x AK-47
1x Heart of Nizchetus
1x Helicopter
1x Ivory Bow
1x Karavalanisha Vrana
1x Seal of Veddartha
1x Shilmulo Tarot
1x Sniper Rifle
1x Treasured Samadji

Master [21]
6x Ashur Tablets
1x Barrens, The
4x Blood Doll
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Giant's Blood
1x Heidelberg Castle, Germany
1x Marrakesh Codex, The
2x Parthenon, The
2x Perfectionist
1x Powerbase: Montreal

Reaction [14]
3x Cats' Guidance
3x Deflection
2x On the Qui Vive
6x Sense the Savage Way

Retainer [4]
1x Owl Companion
2x Raven Spy
1x Robert Carter

Wilsoros

Aug 23, 2010, 1:26:31 PM8/23/10
I wanted to add that I forgot I owned Villein, which is why it wasn't
in the deck.

Wilsoros

Aug 24, 2010, 4:59:45 PM8/24/10
To the Ohio Group who came up to see us, thank you!