Edmonton Imperator Results

js_vtes

May 13, 2009, 1:18:00 AM5/13/09
May 3, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
14 players
Winning Player: Thomas Solway
Winning Clan: Toreador
Key Minion: Anneke
Imperator Nominee: Anneke

Finalists:

Travis Flaman's "Brujah Bundi Bruisers" (fighty G3/4 Brujah with a
dash of titles)
Kourch Chan's "Judge & Executioner" (G2/3 Trophy-hunting Brujah)
Thomas Solway's "Tongue of the Rose" (high-cap G1/2 Toreador with lots
of Crocodile's Tongue)
Cory Hrushka's Nosferatu "Bloodsport" (titled G1/2 Nos)
Jason Switner's "Belle of the Ball" (Anson/Anneke/Alexandra politics
with plenty of Toreador Grand Ball)

Trying to get a vote -- ANY vote! -- through on this title-heavy table
was a touchy prospect, which slowed that aspect of Jason's, and to a
lesser degree Thomas and Cory's, strategy right down.

Everybody was getting pretty low on pool by the time Cory ran out of
juice to pay for all the Crocodile's Tongues Thomas used to back up
his big bleeds. Jason was next, with no defence after running into the
business end of a couple Brujah bearing Bundi. Travis managed to get
through Kourch, but by this time Thomas was flush with pool from his
ousts.

Thomas pulled off quite the finishing move in the two-player duel.
Travis was down to 3 pool, and bled Thomas for 3. Thomas at last
burned the Major Boon he had played on Travis WAY earlier in the game,
forcing him to take the loss from his own bleed! Ouch!

It was a tense, exciting conclusion to what I thought was a pretty
cool format. The Imperator Decks we used were exactly the suggested
contents, plus a Blood Hunt (which made sense in conjunction with the
Imperator card text; unfortunately, our prize support was late and we
didn't get to play with said card). A lot of it was cycled through
unused, particularly the Primogen-requiring stuff and whatever the
discarding Methuselah didn't want to get hosed by. (That said, I think
I actually drew into Tragic Love Affair at least 3 times!) But other
cards were quite useful and popular: the Traditions (except Sixth),
Elysiums, Major Boon (the rest, less so), Con. Boon, Parity Shift...
Even Judgment: Camarilla Segregation proved useful in a game with both
Sabbat and Anarchs lurking about.

Congrats to Thomas for the win! Thanks to Roy at Thunderground Comics
for doing a top-notch hosting job. And of course thanks to everyone
who came out to play!

Jason Switner
Prince of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada