sniper rifle / drawing out the beast

prezze

Jun 19, 2001, 9:35:01 AM6/19/01
Sniper rifle says that if you block an action you may set the range
for the fisrt round of combat. What happens when the opposing vampire
plays drawing out the beast?

A. Set range is cancelled by drawing out the beast
OR
B. You gained the ability to set range at the same time you
succesfully blocked, before drawing out the beast had been played. You
therefor get to set range but your strike fails since you can't use
the rifle.

LSJ

Jun 19, 2001, 9:40:11 AM6/19/01

The answers on the White Wolf forum were correct.

You cannot use equipment, so you cannot use the Sniper Rifle to set the
range for the first round, nor can you use the Rifle to strike.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Sylvain Gogel

Jun 19, 2001, 10:21:41 AM6/19/01
What happen when Cailean block the guy with the rifle ?

What happen when Cailean is blocked by a guy with a Rifle ?

--
TzimisceLord, http://myvtes.free.fr/
The Sabbat in Paris forum

LSJ

Jun 19, 2001, 10:31:17 AM6/19/01
Sylvain Gogel wrote:
> What happen when Cailean block the guy with the rifle ?

Cailean can set the range. The Rifle can only set the range when
its bearer blocks.

> What happen when Cailean is blocked by a guy with a Rifle ?

Cailean can set the range. Acting minion gets first chance to
use an effect, so Cailean goes first. Once the range is set, it
cannot be changed.

press

Dec 11, 2004, 2:07:47 AM12/11/04
just to make a "point", without any wishful thinking of disrespect or
anything like that...

the sniper rifle states that if the minion using it succesfully blocks,
he can set the range, while cailean´s special states he can set the
range before the determine range step of combat.

from that i took - and several of my fellow players - that the gunman
would set the range BEFORE combat, as soon as he blocks cailean, thus
rpeventing his special to work... perhaps some rephrasing in the rifle
would help in this matter...

cheers/press

Halcyan 2

Dec 11, 2004, 11:05:56 AM12/11/04
>from that i took - and several of my fellow players - that the gunman
>would set the range BEFORE combat, as soon as he blocks cailean, thus
>rpeventing his special to work... perhaps some rephrasing in the rifle
>would help in this matter...

No. Whoever gets to use their ability first will get to set range. Cailean's
ability and Sniper Rifle have the same timing. The acting minion gets the first
chance to use an effect so if a Sniper Rifled Zoe blocks Cailean, Cailean can
set the range before Zoe can. If Cailean forgets or declines to set range then
Zoe can set the range (and since it's set, Cailean cannot change it back).

Halcyan 2