Eternal Mask with Martinelli´s Ring

Lord Soth of Dargaard Keep, The Knight of the Black Rose

Sep 11, 2009, 8:34:39 AM9/11/09
My minion has a Martinelli´s Ring and wants to Eternal Mask a vampire
in the ash heap of my prey.

I can´t do this, by the "cannot target or be placed on this minion"
text of Martinelli or I can do this without putting the card on my
minion, so I made a change my Eternal Mask in a kind of Daemonic
Possession?

Eternal Mask, The

Type(s): Action
Discipline(s): Serpentis
Blood Cost: 1

+1 stealth action.

[ser] (D) Bleed at +1 bleed.

[SER] Put this card on this vampire and move a unique vampire from any
ash heap to your ready region with any amount of blood from this
acting vampire. The minion with this card cannot take actions, block,
play reaction cards or vote. You may burn this card and the chosen
vampire during any untap phase.

Martinelli´s Ring

Unique equipment.

Cards that require Malkavian, Malkavian antitribu, Dementation [dem]
or Serpentis [ser] cannot target or be placed on this minion. Burn any
cards on this minion that require any of those clans or Disciplines.

Thanks

LSJ

Sep 11, 2009, 8:40:40 AM9/11/09
Lord Soth of Dargaard Keep, The Knight of the Black Rose wrote:
> My minion has a Martinelli�s Ring and wants to Eternal Mask a vampire
> in the ash heap of my prey.
>
> I can�t do this, by the "cannot target or be placed on this minion"
> text of Martinelli

Correct.

Nikolaj "Lord of the Betrayers" Wendt

Sep 11, 2009, 9:03:07 AM9/11/09
> > Thanks- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -
>
> - Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

But you can use Heidelberg to transfer it over to your vampire after
he has played Eternal Mask. And then it will burn the card and free
him.

Lord Soth of Dargaard Keep, The Knight of the Black Rose

Sep 11, 2009, 9:25:48 AM9/11/09
On Sep 11, 10:03 am, "Nikolaj \"Lord of the Betrayers\" Wendt"
> him.- Hide quoted text -

Ok, thanks. Heildeberg will be the way...

By the text of Revelation of Ecstasy I can use in a tapped minion?

Revelation of Ecstasy

+1 stealth action.

[ser] (D) Tap one of your prey's ready minions.

[SER] As above, and place a corruption counter on that minion. If the
number of your corruption counters on the minion equals or exceeds his
or her capacity or cost, you may burn those counters to take control
of him or her.

Texts "Do X and Y" = "Do X to Y"?

The Lasombra

Sep 11, 2009, 10:56:44 AM9/11/09
On Sep 11, 9:25 am, "Lord Soth of Dargaard Keep, The Knight of the
Black Rose" wrote:

> By the text of Revelation of Ecstasy I can use in a tapped minion?

Yes, you can use RoE on an already tapped minion.
The only targeting restrictions are that the minion belong to your
prey and that it be ready.
(i.e. can't target your predator or cross-table, can't target minion
in torpor)

Lord Soth of Dargaard Keep, The Knight of the Black Rose

Sep 11, 2009, 2:42:10 PM9/11/09
> > of him or her.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the explanations.

For complete understanding, if the two cards had the same - Do X and Y
- format, why RoE cloud be made and not EM?

Do exist some general rule about this?

LSJ

Sep 11, 2009, 2:50:29 PM9/11/09

For one, X and Y are both possible. For the other, they are not (only one is
possible).

The difference is that for your Eternal Mask case, you can't do X because of the
lack of legal targets for that effect.

EM: "You may burn this card and the chosen vampire during any untap phase."

The effect is "burn this card and the chosen vampire". It has two targets: "this
card" and "the chosen vampire". One of those isn't in play, and so is not a
legal target, so the effect cannot be used.

RoE: "Tap and place a counter on one of your prey's ready minions."

The effect has only one target: a ready minion controlled by your prey.

Since there is a legal target, you can do it.

You tap him (the effect can be applied to an already-tapped minion) and you put
a counter on him.

Lord Soth of Dargaard Keep, The Knight of the Black Rose

Sep 11, 2009, 2:56:28 PM9/11/09
> a counter on him.- Hide quoted text -

Ah! Ok... A matter of target, not of sequence of the events. Fair
enough.

Thank you very much.