Imbued and Ally Questions

tzimisce_dragon

Apr 9, 2006, 3:35:26 AM4/9/06
Well, some questions...

1. An imbued can recruit an ally or employ a retainer, as long as the
card just requires a "minion playing it" and no additional requirements
or blood cost, right ?

2. Kindred Segregation doesnot affect imbued, because they have no
recruitment cost, right ?

3. You must tap the power to use it, so how do you know which powers
are always on ?
(haven't seen all the NoR cards yet, so sorry if this sound silly)
Is there specific text that
tells you that the power is always in effect and that you don't have to
tap it ?

4. An ally question.... About allies playing cards as vampires... i've
read a lot of stuff about this and i don't know which of these really
are in effect right now, so:

a. i've read that the ally is considered a vampire for the duration of
playing the card, if this duration is instantaneous (like playing a
strike card) ? e.g. the Satyr plays burst of sunlight, he gets one
aggravated and..... just burns 1 life ? or goes to torpor with no
effect being able to get him out of torpor ??? (i've read an LSJ ruling
which allows this possibility)

b. i've read some time ago that there was a certain circumstance that
could send an ally playing a card as a vampire to torpor, with no
effect being able to get him out of torpor. This was written by LSJ but
i don't remember under which circumstances this was possible. Is this
rule still in effect ? Can this be done ?

Sorry for the "silly" questions, but i was away of Jyhad for 1 year due
to obligatory military service and i have forgotten a lot of rulings
and stuff... I've already searched google but i have found somewhat
contradictory rulings (or maybe didn't quite understand them) about
this subject. So, please be kind to help me clarify these...

and a final question about Mask of 1000 faces [i knew all the rulings
about this but forgot them :( ] I know that if e.g. Lazverinus bleeds,
gets blocked, strikes for strength damage (hand strike for 3), then
another minion with strength 1 cannot mask the action (say lazverinus
play a Form of Mist sup) because he could not have striked for 3
damage....

But i donot remember the following: a minion with a permanent +1 bleed,
bleeds, no block attempts, can another minion with e.g +3bleed or
without +bleed mask the action ? i believe yes, but i am not sure. Can
a minion play Mask sup (+1 stealth) if stealth is not yet needed ?

Thanks in advance...

LSJ

Apr 9, 2006, 7:26:58 AM4/9/06
tzimisce_dragon wrote:
> Well, some questions...
>
> 1. An imbued can recruit an ally or employ a retainer, as long as the
> card just requires a "minion playing it" and no additional requirements
> or blood cost, right ?

They're allies, right.

> 2. Kindred Segregation doesnot affect imbued, because they have no
> recruitment cost, right ?

Correct.

> 3. You must tap the power to use it, so how do you know which powers
> are always on ?
> (haven't seen all the NoR cards yet, so sorry if this sound silly)

See the preview. It distinguishes always on and other types of
abilities.

> Is there specific text that
> tells you that the power is always in effect and that you don't have to
> tap it ?

Yes. Type icons or absence of type icons.

> 4. An ally question.... About allies playing cards as vampires... i've
> read a lot of stuff about this and i don't know which of these really
> are in effect right now, so:
>
> a. i've read that the ally is considered a vampire for the duration of
> playing the card, if this duration is instantaneous (like playing a
> strike card) ? e.g. the Satyr plays burst of sunlight, he gets one
> aggravated and..... just burns 1 life ? or goes to torpor with no
> effect being able to get him out of torpor ??? (i've read an LSJ ruling
> which allows this possibility)

The ruling is: the card the ally plays as a vampire sees him as a
vampire for the resolution of that card play. Everything else sees him
for what he is: an ally.

SCS plays Burt of Sunlight. SCS takes one agg. SCS burns one life to
handle the agg.

> b. i've read some time ago that there was a certain circumstance that
> could send an ally playing a card as a vampire to torpor, with no
> effect being able to get him out of torpor. This was written by LSJ but
> i don't remember under which circumstances this was possible. Is this
> rule still in effect ? Can this be done ?

No. If the card that the ally plays as a vampire says "send this
vampire to torpor" as part of the resolution of the play of the card,
then the ally is burned, per the rules.

> Sorry for the "silly" questions, but i was away of Jyhad for 1 year due
> to obligatory military service and i have forgotten a lot of rulings
> and stuff... I've already searched google but i have found somewhat
> contradictory rulings (or maybe didn't quite understand them) about
> this subject. So, please be kind to help me clarify these...

Resolve contradictory rulings by inspecting the dates of the rulings.

> and a final question about Mask of 1000 faces [i knew all the rulings
> about this but forgot them :( ] I know that if e.g. Lazverinus bleeds,
> gets blocked, strikes for strength damage (hand strike for 3), then
> another minion with strength 1 cannot mask the action (say lazverinus
> play a Form of Mist sup) because he could not have striked for 3
> damage....
>
> But i donot remember the following: a minion with a permanent +1 bleed,
> bleeds, no block attempts, can another minion with e.g +3bleed or
> without +bleed mask the action ? i believe yes, but i am not sure. Can

Yes.

> a minion play Mask sup (+1 stealth) if stealth is not yet needed ?

No.

tzimisce_dragon

Apr 9, 2006, 7:54:41 AM4/9/06
thanks a lot, you've been very helpful as always....

Finaly, it is the first time in my playgroup that there are so many
people
willing to buy boosters of this new set. Congrats!

Conserning my playgroup, the major reason for the high interest in this
set
is that it is nice, gives many new playing options, it is a SMALL set
and finaly
the percentage of cards that you are going to play and not just have
them is
larger than other sets.

In a few words, the are FEW CRAPPY cards so no worries about buying
cards
and just use 3-5% of them in decks.