Announce: Finnish ECQ 2010, Ropecon (July 23rd)

Petri Wessman

Jun 3, 2010, 10:09:30 AM6/3/10
As traditional, I'll be running a big VTES tournament at the Ropecon
gaming convention (http://www.ropecon.fi/index.php/2010/InEnglish) on
Friday July 2rd. The tournament is also the Finnish ECQ for this year.

This year we unfortunately won't have LSJ on site as GoH and fellow
player, but it should still be a fun evening of bleeds, combat, voting
and friendly angst. Also, since it's run as part of a big roleplaying
convention, there is tons of stuff to do the whole weekend.
Traditionally we've had around 80 players, but it of course varies
year to year.

The convention has a lot of English-language programming also, so
"dose dyrty furriners" are also very welcome. Last year the Swedish
delegation came over and generally kicked ass, we'll see what this
year brings. Maybe revenge ;)

The con web pages don't yet have schedules etc up, but the basic
tournament info is:

* name: Finnish ECQ 2010
* place: Ropecon 2010, Dipoli Convention Center, Espoo, Finland
* date: Friday July 23rd
* time: 18:00 onwards. Registration closes around 17:30, be there on
time!
* entry fee: free, but Ropecon entry fee is required
* rules: normal VEKN tournament rules, 3 x 2h rounds + final (yes,
final will be played in the early morning hours, coffee is your
bestest friend :)
* more info: will appear at http://vtes.orava.org

You can also pre-register by emailing me with your name & VEKN number,
that way you just have to be on site by 18:00 -- handy for people
coming from outside Helsinki.

For people coming from outside Finland: we can provide crash space on
sofa etc for some number of people coming over here on a limited
budget (Finland is expensive :/), and give tips on various travel-
related stuff. Finland is nice that time of year generally, and
Ropecon is a (very!) nice gaming convention. There are also some other
VTES tournaments on Saturday (and maybe on Sunday, not sure), so there
is plenty to do even if you're not interested in other games.

Welcome.

-Petri

Petri Wessman

Jun 3, 2010, 10:26:28 AM6/3/10
As an aside, right this moment it's missing from the tournament
calendar since I fixed a small mistake and resubmitted it, but it
should be back soon ;)

-Petri

The Lasombra

Jun 3, 2010, 10:41:09 AM6/3/10
On Jun 3, 10:09 am, Petri Wessman wrote:
> As traditional, I'll be running a big VTES tournament at the Ropecon
> gaming convention (http://www.ropecon.fi/index.php/2010/InEnglish) on
> Friday July 2rd. The tournament is also the Finnish ECQ for this year.

Title of thread: Announce: Finnish ECQ 2010, Ropecon (July 23rd)

Which date is correct? 2nd? or 23rd?

LSJ

Jun 3, 2010, 11:16:29 AM6/3/10
On Jun 3, 10:09 am, Petri Wessman <or...@orava.org> wrote:
> This year we unfortunately won't have LSJ on site as GoH and fellow
> player, but it should still be a fun evening of bleeds, combat, voting
> and friendly angst. Also, since it's run as part of a big roleplaying
> convention, there is tons of stuff to do the whole weekend.
> Traditionally we've had around 80 players, but it of course varies
> year to year.

And I hate to be missing it. Maybe next year, GoHoN.

Janne Hägglund

Jun 3, 2010, 12:01:27 PM6/3/10
The Lasombra <thela...@hotmail.com> writes:

The 23rd. Petri made a typo, as can be seen from the "2rd" ("secord"?) he
wrote.

HG

librarian

Jun 3, 2010, 12:18:39 PM6/3/10

For some reason, I read 2rd as "Turd"...

best -

chris
nah, it has nothing to do with having 8 and 11 year old sons...

Petri Wessman

Jun 3, 2010, 1:16:58 PM6/3/10
Yeah, 23rd. Or turd, if you prefer. :D

-Petri

Lönkka

Jun 3, 2010, 4:21:51 PM6/3/10
On Jun 3, 5:09 pm, Petri Wessman <or...@orava.org> wrote:
Last year the Swedish
> delegation came over and generally kicked ass, we'll see what this
> year brings. Maybe revenge ;)

Yeah!
A dish best served cold and we usually have abundance of cold to go
around :)

Seriously though, like Petri said it IS an extremely nice a convention
and focused mainly on playing stuff, as well as plenty of interesting
programme you can listen to, and it has 4000+ attendees so there's
plenty of stuff going around all the time.

I'm more than sure that, like previous years, we'll also have VTES
tournaments both on Saturday and Sunday as well.
Most likely on Saturday Tuukka will run a draft and on Sunday Jussi
"Secret Library" Hattara will run a Create-a-Clan tournament.
Plus there's plenty of casual gaming to go around for those with
insatiable hunger for VTES.

If I get my $hit together I might, once again, be running a FRP/WotC
Rage tournament (20 Renown) to get those pesky leeches under control.
So if you were one of us freaks who used to play the game why not
bring a deck for it along as well... ?

And why not have a shopping spree while you're at it?
Around here we still have sold out stuff, like Heirs to Blood
Starters, Bloodlines & Anarchs Boosters as well as 10th Anniversary
Tins available.

See you there!
Janne / Lönkka
NC Finland

JH

Jun 4, 2010, 3:19:34 PM6/4/10

Just as Janne said. Most likely on Saturday Tuukka Kallas hosts a
draft tournament of unknown format and on Sunday will be the Create-a-
Clan tournament. Exact schedules will be published later this month
and the rules for the Create-a-Clan tournament can be found from
http://www.tenerdo.org/cac.html. I will possibly update the rules a
bit, and certainly will put a full announcement there and in it's own
post on the newsgroup, when the exact schedule is published. For the
Create-a-Clan tournament I will take 7 extra decks that I've played in
previous Create-a-Clan tournaments I've hosted. If someone is lazy and
wants to reserve an old deck for himself, you can contact me through
this e-mail address. You might want to help me updating some of them
as they are 1-4 years old decks, with very few updates during that
time.