Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

j...@columbus.rr.com

ungelesen,
14.04.2000, 03:00:0014.04.00
an
If an acting vampire plays Form of Mist(superior)to end a combat and
the blocking minion plays Psyche! (superior)in respone to the end of
combat what happens? Does Psyche! start a new combat or does the
acting minion get to continue on with the original action at +1 stealth?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

James Coupe

ungelesen,
15.04.2000, 03:00:0015.04.00
an
In article <8d86oo$eii$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, j...@columbus.rr.com writes

>If an acting vampire plays Form of Mist(superior)to end a combat and
>the blocking minion plays Psyche! (superior)in respone to the end of
>combat what happens? Does Psyche! start a new combat or does the
>acting minion get to continue on with the original action at +1 stealth?

Psyche aborts the continue action effect, and goes into a new combat.

--
James Coupe (Prince of Mercia, England)

Vampire: Elder Kindred Network
http://madnessnetwork.hexagon.net http://www.zephyr.org.uk

mr_b...@my-deja.com

j...@columbus.rr.com wrote:
> If an acting vampire plays Form of Mist(superior)to end a combat and
> the blocking minion plays Psyche! (superior)in respone to the end of
> combat what happens? Does Psyche! start a new combat or does the
> acting minion get to continue on with the original action at +1
stealth?

New combat begins and the action is blocked, it does not continue after
combat. However he can play another Form of Mist.

James Coupe

ungelesen,
16.04.2000, 03:00:0016.04.00
an
In article <8d9pp0$2ta$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, mr_b...@my-deja.com writes

>However he can play another Form of Mist.

Only at inferior.

The superior, because of its stealth modification, is considered to be
an action modifier, so only one can be played per action.

X_Ze...@email.msn.com

mr_b...@my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <8d86oo$eii$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> j...@columbus.rr.com wrote:
> > If an acting vampire plays Form of Mist(superior)to end a combat and
> > the blocking minion plays Psyche! (superior)in respone to the end of
> > combat what happens? Does Psyche! start a new combat or does the
> > acting minion get to continue on with the original action at +1
> stealth?
> >

> New combat begins and the action is blocked, it does not continue
after
> combat. However he can play another Form of Mist.

but, only to end combat. He cannot attempt to play it at superior to
gain another +1 stealth and continue the action.

comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
X_Zealot
Archon of the Swamp

LSJ

ungelesen,
17.04.2000, 03:00:0017.04.00
an
In article <0lUOxACZ...@obeah.demon.co.uk>,
James Coupe <ve...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote:
> In article <8d86oo$eii$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, j...@columbus.rr.com writes

> >If an acting vampire plays Form of Mist(superior)to end a combat and
> >the blocking minion plays Psyche! (superior)in respone to the end of
> >combat what happens? Does Psyche! start a new combat or does the
> >acting minion get to continue on with the original action at +1
stealth?

> Psyche aborts the continue action effect, and goes into a new combat.

Correct. Item from the searchable rulings list:

Form of Mist - Combat (pro)
* Any effect that starts a new combat after the combat that was
ended by superior Form of Mist will nullify the "continue action"
effect. This includes Psyche (superior), Fast Reaction, and
Hidden Lurker. [LSJ 09-JAN-1998]

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
Links to revised rulebook, rulings, errata, and DCI (tournament) rules:

LSJ

ungelesen,
17.04.2000, 03:00:0017.04.00
an
X_Ze...@email.msn.com wrote:
> mr_b...@my-deja.com wrote:

> > j...@columbus.rr.com wrote:
> > > If an acting vampire plays Form of Mist(superior)to end a combat
and
> > > the blocking minion plays Psyche! (superior)in respone to the end
of
> > > combat what happens? Does Psyche! start a new combat or does the
> > > acting minion get to continue on with the original action at +1
> > stealth?
> > >

> > New combat begins and the action is blocked, it does not continue
> after
> > combat. However he can play another Form of Mist.
>
> but, only to end combat. He cannot attempt to play it at superior to
> gain another +1 stealth and continue the action.

That should say "only to Dodge". It is true that an acting minion
cannot play Form of Mist at superior twice in one action, since
Form of Mist at superior counts as an action modifier.
[RTR 23-JUN-1998]

prea...@utanet.at

ungelesen,
17.04.2000, 03:00:0017.04.00
an
In article <8deu3d$dek$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> In article <0lUOxACZ...@obeah.demon.co.uk>,
> James Coupe <ve...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote:
> > In article <8d86oo$eii$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, j...@columbus.rr.com writes
> > >If an acting vampire plays Form of Mist(superior)to end a combat
and
> > >the blocking minion plays Psyche! (superior)in respone to the end
of
> > >combat what happens? Does Psyche! start a new combat or does the
> > >acting minion get to continue on with the original action at +1
> stealth?
> >
> > Psyche aborts the continue action effect, and goes into a new
combat.

> Correct. Item from the searchable rulings list:
>
> Form of Mist - Combat (pro)
> * Any effect that starts a new combat after the combat that was
> ended by superior Form of Mist will nullify the "continue action"
> effect. This includes Psyche (superior), Fast Reaction, and
> Hidden Lurker. [LSJ 09-JAN-1998]

Just out of curiosity: why do es a new combat nullify the "continue
action" effect? Why doesn't the action resume when the second combat is
finished? Any reason behind this?

Carl

LSJ

ungelesen,
17.04.2000, 03:00:0017.04.00
an
prea...@utanet.at wrote:

> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > Form of Mist - Combat (pro)
> > * Any effect that starts a new combat after the combat that was
> > ended by superior Form of Mist will nullify the "continue
> > action" effect. This includes Psyche (superior), Fast
> > Reaction, and Hidden Lurker. [LSJ 09-JAN-1998]
>
> Just out of curiosity: why does a new combat nullify the "continue

> action" effect? Why doesn't the action resume when the second combat
> is finished? Any reason behind this?

The [ruling] is not particularly obvious, but this is the
[ruling] we were most comfortable with, given that all of
the proposed answers were something of a stretch.
[TOM 23-MAY-1995]

http://www.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=103049720

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
Links to revised rulebook, rulings, errata, and DCI (tournament) rules:
http://www.geocities.com/vtesrep

Eric Pettersen

ungelesen,
18.04.2000, 03:00:0018.04.00
an
Along the same lines, if superior Form of Mist is played is the action
still considered blocked? Can Cat's Guidance be played after sup. Form
of Mist ends combat?
---
Eric Pettersen
pett "at" cgl "dot" ucsf "dot" edu (NeXTmail capable)

LSJ

ungelesen,
18.04.2000, 03:00:0018.04.00
an
pe...@address.is.in.sig (Eric Pettersen) wrote:
> Along the same lines, if superior Form of Mist is played is the action
> still considered blocked? Can Cat's Guidance be played after sup.
Form
> of Mist ends combat?

Yes. Cats' Guidance doesn't care if the action thinks it is blocked -
its only restriction is that it be used after the reacting vampire
blocks.

0 neue Nachrichten