Q. Summon History cost - LSJ

SteveHarris

Mar 14, 2010, 9:25:51 AM3/14/10
The cost of Summon History is X blood. When do I declare the cost I
am going to pay for the card? When I locate the piece of equipment,
retainer or ally (or crypt card) I want or when I declare the action?

For example, Magic of the Smith lets you search through your library
for a piece of equipment. If you have different pieces of equipment,
you can decide on which one you want after the action is successful,
then pay the cost as normal.

Summon History
"[tem] Search your library and/or ash heap for an ally, retainer or
equipment whose cost is X or less. Put that card in play (on this
vampire and with starting life from the bank as needed).
[TEM] Search your crypt and/or ash heap for a non-scarce vampire with
capacity X or less. Put that vampire in play, with no blood."

Blooded Sand

Mar 14, 2010, 10:24:54 AM3/14/10

You decide for how much when you play the card. Then while searching,
you pick something that csts as much or less than what you paid (the
less bit is usually important when you have ankara) and put it into
play.

LSJ

Mar 14, 2010, 12:20:22 PM3/14/10
On Mar 14, 10:24 am, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 14, 2:25 pm, SteveHarris <steveharris1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The cost of Summon History is X blood.  When do I declare the cost I
> > am going to pay for the card?  When I locate the piece of equipment,
> > retainer or ally (or crypt card) I want or when I declare the action?
>
> > For example, Magic of the Smith lets you search through your library
> > for a piece of equipment.  If you have different pieces of equipment,
> > you can decide on which one you want after the action is successful,
> > then pay the cost as normal.
>
> > Summon History
> > "[tem] Search your library and/or ash heap for an ally, retainer or
> > equipment whose cost is X or less. Put that card in play (on this
> > vampire and with starting life from the bank as needed).
> > [TEM] Search your crypt and/or ash heap for a non-scarce vampire with
> > capacity X or less. Put that vampire in play, with no blood."
>
> You decide for how much when you play the card.

Correct. All cards's costs are fully announced when played.

> Then while searching,
> you pick something that csts as much or less than what you paid (the
> less bit is usually important when you have ankara) and put it into
> play.

Correct.