Illsusions of the kindred and telepathic tracking

Peter Laan

May 17, 2003, 3:10:20 PM5/17/03
A vampire plays illusions of the kindred and draws francois villon who
enters combat. Can francois play telepathic tracking at superior to start a
new round of combat (when the first round ends)? Searching google showed
that he can't play psyche. But telepathic has slightly different wording.

Illusions of the Kindred
[chi] Combat ends. Move the bottom card of your crypt to your ready region.
He or she does not contest any other vampires or titles in play. The vampire
has an amount of blood equal to half of his or her capacity (round down).
Combat begins between the vampire and the opposing minion. Remove the
vampire from the game **at the end of combat**.

Psyche!
[CEL] Only usable **at the end of a combat** when both combatants are still
ready. Enter combat with the opposing minion. This is a new combat.

Telepathic Tracking
[AUS] Only usable when both combatants are still ready and **combat is about
to end** (with no uncanceled press to continue). Combat does not end;
another round starts.

The Lasombra

May 19, 2003, 12:13:08 AM5/19/03
On Sat, 17 May 2003 19:10:20 GMT, "Peter Laan" <plnew...@yahoo.se>
wrote:

>A vampire plays illusions of the kindred and draws francois villon who
>enters combat. Can francois play telepathic tracking at superior to start a
>new round of combat (when the first round ends)?

Yes.

Pertinent card text:
"is about to end "

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

LSJ

May 19, 2003, 9:28:37 AM5/19/03
Peter Laan wrote:
> A vampire plays illusions of the kindred and draws francois villon who
> enters combat. Can francois play telepathic tracking at superior to start a
> new round of combat (when the first round ends)? Searching google showed
> that he can't play psyche. But telepathic has slightly different wording.

Correct. He can, since TT isn't competing to begin a new combat - it is merely
continuing the current combat.

> Illusions of the Kindred
> [chi] Combat ends. Move the bottom card of your crypt to your ready region.
> He or she does not contest any other vampires or titles in play. The vampire
> has an amount of blood equal to half of his or her capacity (round down).
> Combat begins between the vampire and the opposing minion. Remove the
> vampire from the game **at the end of combat**.
>
> Psyche!
> [CEL] Only usable **at the end of a combat** when both combatants are still
> ready. Enter combat with the opposing minion. This is a new combat.
>
> Telepathic Tracking
> [AUS] Only usable when both combatants are still ready and **combat is about
> to end** (with no uncanceled press to continue). Combat does not end;
> another round starts.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

salem

May 19, 2003, 11:58:54 AM5/19/03
On Mon, 19 May 2003 09:28:37 -0400, LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com>
scrawled:

>Peter Laan wrote:
>> A vampire plays illusions of the kindred and draws francois villon who
>> enters combat. Can francois play telepathic tracking at superior to start a
>> new round of combat (when the first round ends)? Searching google showed
>> that he can't play psyche. But telepathic has slightly different wording.
>
>Correct. He can, since TT isn't competing to begin a new combat - it is merely
>continuing the current combat.

I think you were answering the question:

If Francois ends combat with an Illusions, can Francois play TT to
continue combat.

However, i think the actual question was:

If some vampire (Khalil Ravana, for example) plays an Illusions, and
the vampire drawn from the crypt is Francois (but it could be any
vampire with AUS), can Francois play TT when rounds are ending to
continue the Illusionary combat?

which is also, i beleive, allowed, but the 'competing to begin a new
combat' part of your answer is not relevant for this question. :)

salem
domain:canberra http://www.geocities.com/salem_christ.geo/vtes.htm

LSJ

May 19, 2003, 11:50:29 AM5/19/03

Correct, all around. Thanks.

Peter Laan

May 19, 2003, 6:40:18 PM5/19/03

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> salem wrote:
> > I think you were answering the question:
> >
> > If Francois ends combat with an Illusions, can Francois play TT to
> > continue combat.
> >
> > However, i think the actual question was:
> >
> > If some vampire (Khalil Ravana, for example) plays an Illusions, and
> > the vampire drawn from the crypt is Francois (but it could be any
> > vampire with AUS), can Francois play TT when rounds are ending to
> > continue the Illusionary combat?
> >
> > which is also, i beleive, allowed, but the 'competing to begin a new
> > combat' part of your answer is not relevant for this question. :)
>
> Correct, all around. Thanks.

Sorry for the sloppy writing. The second answer answers the question I
wanted answered. But I didn't know the correct answer to the question
answered by the first answer either. :) Thanks!

Peter