Your deck is awesome

Jozxyqk

Apr 1, 2009, 5:42:45 AM4/1/09
You heard me. It rocks. I don't care how many Up Yours and Deadliest
Sin are in it, or how you're violating the Grouping Rule by using
Nakova and Rico Loco together. Maybe you've played it a few
times and gotten ousted before your predator's second turn. Maybe
you even finished your burrito before the game ended.
I don't care. All the decks you were playing against were just as
great as yours. I love you.

Just a friendly reminder.
Josh

LSJ

Apr 1, 2009, 6:11:19 AM4/1/09

... he says on April 1.

Blooded Sand

Apr 1, 2009, 6:25:48 AM4/1/09

And that idea for using a crypt of 1000 and 30 Betrayers is da bomb,
da bomb I sez...

Jozxyqk

Apr 1, 2009, 7:34:36 AM4/1/09

Yeah, I was just kidding.
Your deck sucks.

Kushiel

Apr 1, 2009, 12:39:08 PM4/1/09
On Apr 1, 7:34 am, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
> Your deck sucks.

Actually, it was pretty good. In game one, I managed to complete Mr.
Magma's sinister scheme in spite of facing down Iron Monk, Dr. Mensa,
Firefly and Salamander. And that in spite of discarding my Jail Break
card on turn one, since I didn't know at the time how crucial it would
be to my chances of success. (Though I didn't actually manage to break
poor Gargantua out of jail, technically speaking.)

The second game wasn't quite as good, as Matt successfully
accomplished Cyber-Scream's goal of stealing the Martian Moon Ray and
getting it back to her headquarters, but I did bring Orchid to justice
by mind-controlling two of her henchmen in the same turn and having
them attack her. And Brain Child never got beaten up in spite of his
zero Endurance.

Of course, since you weren't there Monday night, you have no idea what
I'm talking about...

John Eno

Meej

Apr 1, 2009, 12:45:26 PM4/1/09

Well, that sounds like it's working OK, then :-)

(Wasn't there, still knows. Muahaha.)

- D.J.

Jozxyqk

Apr 1, 2009, 1:57:16 PM4/1/09
Kushiel <invisibl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 1, 7:34 am, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
> > Your deck sucks.

> Actually, it was pretty good. In game one, I managed to complete Mr.

> Magma's sinister scheme...

> Of course, since you weren't there Monday night, you have no idea what
> I'm talking about...

I'm pretty sure I do.. I check my email, you know ;)

Kushiel

Apr 1, 2009, 2:23:46 PM4/1/09
On Apr 1, 1:57 pm, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I do.. I check my email, you know ;)

Yeah, see, my attempt to inspire a combination of curiosity and guilt
in you in order to get you to show up on Mondays really doesn't work
when you smiley back at me.

Work with me here, dude.

John Eno

Kushiel

Apr 1, 2009, 2:24:11 PM4/1/09
On Apr 1, 12:45 pm, Meej <dj...@comcast.net> wrote:
> (Wasn't there, still knows.  Muahaha.)

That laugh doesn't scare me. Work on it!

John Eno

Jozxyqk

Apr 1, 2009, 3:26:06 PM4/1/09

Sorry, you'll have to convince my infant son to stop being so durned
cute.

(and demanding... and expensive... and...... :) )

Frederick Scott

Apr 4, 2009, 12:53:56 AM4/4/09

"Jozxyqk" <jfeu...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote in message news:gqvcul$vkn$1...@news.motzarella.org...

Bah! I hate sequels! You get yourself up for them, thinking you'll
get to relive the magic. But in the end, they're just never as good as
the originals.

Fred - gonna reread "Your deck sucks" out of frustration...

Orpheus

Apr 4, 2009, 2:41:10 AM4/4/09

Wrong. Back to the Future II and Empire Strikes Back are both better than
the original. But they're exceptions I'll grant you that !

Orpheus

librarian

Apr 4, 2009, 12:33:07 PM4/4/09

Wrath of Khan.

best -

chris

wumpus

Apr 4, 2009, 12:44:58 PM4/4/09
Howdy,

On Apr 4, 9:33 am, librarian <aucti...@superfuncards.com> wrote:
> Orpheus wrote:
> > Frederick Scott wrote:

> >> "Jozxyqk" <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote in message

Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.

(OK, I've never seen it, or the original - I just like typing
'boogaloo'.)

Alex

Peter D Bakija

Apr 4, 2009, 3:10:50 PM4/4/09
On Apr 4, 12:44 pm, wumpus <wump...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.
>
> (OK, I've never seen it, or the original - I just like typing
> 'boogaloo'.)

As well you should. Other sequels better than originals:

-Terminator II
-Aliens (well, Alien is really good too, but Aliens is just as good
and arguably better).
-Road Warrior
-Not that it is yet a classic of cinema or anything, but I think
Hellboy II was better than Hellboy I (although Hellboy I was
excellent).
-Kill Bill II (I don't know if that actually counts, and as my wife
points out, Kill Bill I gets better the more you watch it).
-Uh, VTES:II?

Ok, done now.

-Peter

Orpheus

Apr 5, 2009, 5:16:13 PM4/5/09
Peter D Bakija wrote:
> On Apr 4, 12:44 pm, wumpus <wump...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.
>>
>> (OK, I've never seen it, or the original - I just like typing
>> 'boogaloo'.)
>
> As well you should. Other sequels better than originals:
>
> -Terminator II

Never !! So hollywoodian...

> -Aliens (well, Alien is really good too, but Aliens is just as good
> and arguably better).

Well, we really don't have the same tastes. For me this Doomlike is by far
the worst of the 4.

> -Road Warrior

Ok.

> -Not that it is yet a classic of cinema or anything, but I think
> Hellboy II was better than Hellboy I (although Hellboy I was
> excellent).

Didn't see it yet.

> -Kill Bill II (I don't know if that actually counts, and as my wife
> points out, Kill Bill I gets better the more you watch it).

And they are like 2 parts of the same movie, so not sure it counts.

> -Uh, VTES:II?
>
> Ok, done now.

The Leningrad Cowboys : "Meet Moďse" is at least as good as the first.

But most of the time, the sequels are worse, like in Lethal Weapon, Indiana
Jones (2nd worst of all, none as good as Raiders), and, errr, Alien,
Terminator... ;)

Orpheus, different tastes (and disarm).

Peter D Bakija

Apr 5, 2009, 5:37:29 PM4/5/09
On Apr 5, 5:16 pm, "Orpheus" <orpheus.TAKEOU...@free.fr> wrote:
> > -Aliens (well, Alien is really good too, but Aliens is just as good
> > and arguably better).
>
> Well, we really don't have the same tastes. For me this Doomlike is by far
> the worst of the 4.

I say this full well knowing the implications and risks. And knew the
dangers when I joined this outfit. But damn it! I'm doing it anyway!

Are you on crack?

-Peter

Johann von Doom

Apr 5, 2009, 10:01:08 PM4/5/09
On Apr 5, 5:16 pm, "Orpheus" <orpheus.TAKEOU...@free.fr> wrote:
> > -Aliens (well, Alien is really good too, but Aliens is just as good
> > and arguably better).
>
> Well, we really don't have the same tastes. For me this Doomlike is by far
> the worst of the 4.

It's not really a Doomlike, given that it came out before Doom and
almost certainly helped to inspire it. So far as I know, any kind of
"space marines in space fighting space monsters" story that's
post-1986 is going to turn out to be heavily influenced by Aliens, if
not a clone of it. (Unless I'm missing what you're getting at here.)

John Eno

gra...@hotmail.com

Apr 5, 2009, 10:21:42 PM4/5/09
> Wrong. Back to the Future II and Empire Strikes Back are both better than
> the original. But they're exceptions I'll grant you that !

Tastes vary. I rate the original Star Wars as one of the greatest
movies I've ever seen. Empire Strikes back was good, but not in the
same league. It wasn't as crisp. And the reason I hear most people
say Empire was darker always comes down to "it was darker". Darker
does not make better IMO.

--> J

jason...@iinet.net.au

Apr 6, 2009, 2:17:34 AM4/6/09

"SON OF JOR-EL, KNEEL BEFORE ZOD."

Nuff said.

jase

Salem

Apr 6, 2009, 7:25:57 AM4/6/09

Alien: awesome horror/suspense movie
Aliens: awesome action movie

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'gmail' to email)

Frederick Scott

Apr 8, 2009, 12:19:50 PM4/8/09
"librarian" <auct...@superfuncards.com> wrote in message

That's not because the sequel was so great. That's because the original
was so poor!

Fred

Message has been deleted

wedge

Apr 8, 2009, 1:45:07 PM4/8/09

Evil Dead II

Matt

Unfortunatly, the only quote I have is from Army of Darkness.

"Give me some sugar baby."

Johann von Doom

Apr 8, 2009, 4:08:11 PM4/8/09

"Workshed!"

John Eno

Reyda !

Apr 9, 2009, 8:34:11 AM4/9/09
On 1 avr, 11:42, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
> All the decks you were playing against were just as
> great as yours. I love you.

thank you Josh. I love you too.
Tell me when you come to paris, for a drunk, public, sloppy make out.