Week of Nightmares (LSJ)

Steve Wedd

Jun 26, 2001, 8:19:38 AM6/26/01
I have a question about the ravnos Master 'Week of Nightmares'.

Card text :

Place 10 counters on this card. During each methuselahs master phase,
he may put a counter from this card onto a Ravnos in play. Burn this
card when there are no more counters on it. Whilst this card is in
play, all ravnos have +1 bleed and +1 strength. When this card is
burned, each Ravnos with a WOM counter on it must burn a blood to
remove a counter or burn. Only one week of nightmares can be played
in a game.

This states that each Methuselah "may" place a nightmare counter on
a Ravnos in play. Can I just get clarification whether this is
optional or not?

I expect that card text is correct and it is optional, Im only asking
because I have just discovered that it really owns in a 1v1 (I was on
the receiving end - 20 turns of nightmares - ouch).

Come to think of it, it also might open doors to some really sleazy deals...
"Hey, if you don't put a Nightmare counter on me, I'll..."

Thanks.

--
Steve Wedd. mailto:sw...@ozemail.no.spam.pls.thx.com.au
"I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in

LSJ

Jun 26, 2001, 8:39:09 AM6/26/01
Steve Wedd <ne...@camtech.no.net.spam.au> wrote:
>This states that each Methuselah "may" place a nightmare counter on
>a Ravnos in play. Can I just get clarification whether this is
>optional or not?
>
>I expect that card text is correct and it is optional, Im only asking

"may" = optional, yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Ian Lee

Jun 26, 2001, 2:49:29 PM6/26/01
>"may" = optional, yes.

Still talking about WoN, regarding "may". Does a Ravnos with no blood have to
use the steal blood hunting mechanism or can it choose not to hunt at all?

LSJ

Jun 26, 2001, 2:59:51 PM6/26/01

If he's ready (and untapped and not otherwise prohibited from
hunting), he must hunt.

Halcyan 2

Jun 26, 2001, 6:47:26 PM6/26/01

Just to make sure, if there is a Week of Nightmares out and you have a Legacy
of Caine on your Ravnos, are you allowed to use *either* of the "steal blood"
hunts? In addition, stealing blood in either of those ways counts as your
"hunt" action (for NRA purposes)?

Thanks!

Halcyan 2

Henke

Jun 26, 2001, 7:32:52 PM6/26/01

Halcyan 2 skrev i meddelandet
<20010626184726...@ng-cb1.aol.com>...

W.w.what? Is there anything wrong with the card-quote? What bloodstealing?
Are you pulling my leg here?

Week of Nightmares
Master
Ravnos
1 pool

Place 10 counters on this card. During each methuselahs master phase, he may
put a counter from this card onto a Ravnos in play. Burn this card when

there are no more counters on it. Whilst this card is in play, all Ravnos

have +1 bleed and +1 strength. When this card is burned, each Ravnos with a

Week of Nightmares counter on it must burn a blood to remove a counter or
burn. Only one Week of Nightmares can be played in a game.
Rare

>Thanks!
>
>Halcyan 2

LSJ

Jun 26, 2001, 9:43:59 PM6/26/01
Halcyan 2 wrote:
> Just to make sure, if there is a Week of Nightmares out and you have a Legacy
> of Caine on your Ravnos, are you allowed to use *either* of the "steal blood"
> hunts? In addition, stealing blood in either of those ways counts as your
> "hunt" action (for NRA purposes)?

Yes and yes. (You'll let me know if this ever comes up in a game, right? :-)

LSJ

Jun 26, 2001, 9:52:26 PM6/26/01
Henke wrote:
> W.w.what? Is there anything wrong with the card-quote? What bloodstealing?
> Are you pulling my leg here?
>
> Week of Nightmares
> Master
> Ravnos
> 1 pool
> Place 10 counters on this card. During each methuselahs master phase, he may
> put a counter from this card onto a Ravnos in play. Burn this card when
> there are no more counters on it. Whilst this card is in play, all Ravnos
> have +1 bleed and +1 strength. When this card is burned, each Ravnos with a
> Week of Nightmares counter on it must burn a blood to remove a counter or
> burn. Only one Week of Nightmares can be played in a game.

I don't know who typed this in, but it's apparently done from memory.

It costs no pool.

Card text:

Put this card in play and place 10 nightmare counters on it. During each Methuselah's untap phase, he or she may move a nightmare counter from this card to a Ravnos. When the last counter is moved, each Ravnos must burn a blood for each nightmare counter or be burned, and this card and all nightmare counters are then burned. While this card is in play, all Ravnos get +1 bleed and +1 strength and do not hunt as normal. Any ready Ravnos may hunt by stealing a blood from any other Ravnos as a +1 stealth (D) action. Only one Week of Nightmares may be played during a game.

Halcyan 2

Jun 27, 2001, 1:23:56 AM6/27/01
>> Just to make sure, if there is a Week of Nightmares out and you have a
>Legacy
>> of Caine on your Ravnos, are you allowed to use *either* of the "steal
>blood"
>> hunts? In addition, stealing blood in either of those ways counts as your
>> "hunt" action (for NRA purposes)?
>
>Yes and yes. (You'll let me know if this ever comes up in a game, right? :-)

Of course. Maybe one of these days I'll try something weird like a Ravnos
intercept deck with Week of Nightmares + Legacy of Caine + Strained Vitae
Supply + Smiling Jack + Society of Leopold + Masquerade Endangered. (Of course
I'll save the Legacy of Caine for when the Setites corrupt one of my Ravnos.)
It'll be my "No Hunting For You!" deck or something... =)

Halcyan 2

Wes

Jun 27, 2001, 9:37:50 AM6/27/01

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote

> I don't know who typed this in, but it's apparently done from memory.
>
> It costs no pool.
>
> Card text:
>
> Put this card in play and place 10 nightmare counters on it. During each
Methuselah's untap phase, he or she may move a nightmare counter >from this
card to a Ravnos. When the last counter is moved, each Ravnos must burn a
blood for each nightmare counter or be burned, and this >card and all
nightmare counters are then burned. While this card is in play, all Ravnos
get +1 bleed and +1 strength and do not hunt as normal. >Any ready Ravnos
may hunt by stealing a blood from any other Ravnos as a +1 stealth (D)
action. Only one Week of Nightmares may be >played during a game.

I have to apologize here. I asked people to send in the *full* descriptions
for my spoiler list. Some people, for reasons beyond my ken, sent me guesses
and complete inaccuracies. Week of Nightmares was one of those cards.

Sorry for any confusion. Since I don't own the card, I was forced to rely on
other people

Cheers,
WES