Direct Intervention and Seduction

Ramsteiner

Apr 15, 2003, 3:14:15 AM4/15/03
I would like some clarification to the below situation.

During a recent tournament my grand predator played a Parity Shift and
then a Seduction (as it's card text states it is only usable when the
action is announced). My predator wanted to play a Direct
Intervention to cancel the Parity Shift action. However, it's card
text states that it cancels a card as it is played.

It was ruled that the DI could only cancel the Seduction as it was the
last card played as it is required to be played at the time the action
is played. None of us at the tournament were completely comfortable
with the decision as it gave the appearance that an Action could be
"masked" by an Action Modifier that could only be played at the time
when the action was announced.

Could the DI have canceled the PS or was it doomed to only being able
to cancel the Seduction?

Thanks

Michael Eichler
Prince of Spangdahlem

LSJ

Apr 15, 2003, 7:55:42 AM4/15/03

It can.

"As card is played" occurs before "as action is announced".

The DI would be played before Seduction could be.

The acting minion jumped the gun, so the situation should be
undone (pick up the Seduction, return it to hand, return card
drawn to replace Seduction to the library and, if no one has
peeked at the library to know that Seduction was there, shuffle
the library).

Then continue with the DI being played on the Parity Shift.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

dancingmummy

Apr 15, 2003, 9:33:20 AM4/15/03
michael...@spangdahlem.af.mil (Ramsteiner) wrote in message news:<2927fda6.03041...@posting.google.com>...

> Could the DI have canceled the PS or was it doomed to only being able
> to cancel the Seduction?

Usually when I answer a question that looks unanswered, the fact is
that 3 people have already answered it and I just haven't gotten their

You can't "mask" a minion card from DI by quickly following it through
with Seduction. Theoretically, after announcing the action card, the
acting Meth should pause for responses. In practice, that's almost
never worth doing, but it does mean that if you play Parity
Shift/Seduction right in a row, you've gotta be willing to let someone
burn the Parity Shift with DI. Or Rewind Time, if that ever actually
gets played :)

cheers,
Jon

Johannes Walch

Apr 15, 2003, 10:21:08 AM4/15/03
> Or Rewind Time, if that ever actually
> gets played :)

It does. I have been using it with much success. It gives you an amazing
amount of table control, just with one single card.
It is blood intensive, though, but thats a thing you can taste/vote-cap back
:-)

--
johannes walch
http://www.vekn.de