New VTES Expansion is called......(drum roll)

gwil...@storageannex.com

May 23, 2007, 3:04:49 PM5/23/07

Looks like the new set will be called "Lord of the Night" or "Lords of
the Night" and be available around the end of September.

I was browsing Potomac Distubution Website when I found this:

"PRE-SALE ITEMS Prices updated on May 23 2007
Vampire: TES Lord of the Night Booster Box(Sep 30) $63
Vampire: TES Lord of the Night Booster Case [10](Sep 30) $619
Vampire: TES Lord of the Night Precon. Starter Box(Sep 30) $49"

http://www.potomacdist.com/list.asp?code=1640

Greg

librarian

May 23, 2007, 5:43:53 PM5/23/07
gwil...@storageannex.com wrote:
> Looks like the new set will be called "Lord of the Night" or "Lords of
> the Night" and be available around the end of September.
>
> I was browsing Potomac Distubution Website when I found this:
>
> "PRE-SALE ITEMS Prices updated on May 23 2007
> Vampire: TES Lord of the Night Booster Box(Sep 30) $63
> Vampire: TES Lord of the Night Booster Case [10](Sep 30) $619
> Vampire: TES Lord of the Night Precon. Starter Box(Sep 30) $49"

Shwinnnnggg!

best -

chris

--
Super Fun Cards
http://myworld.ebay.com/superfuncards/

xpmaster

May 24, 2007, 11:34:22 AM5/24/07
On May 23, 11:43 pm, librarian <aucti...@superfuncards.com> wrote:
> aucti...@superfuncards.com

On WW site :

They make their own fates, these lords of the night. They are free.
Free to hunt, to scheme, to kill. They stand apart, outside the reach
of vampire society.

Lords of the Night

Lords of the Night is White Wolf's thirteenth expansion for Vampire:
The Eternal Struggle, and is the second set to focus on the four main
independent clans.

Each booster pack contains 11 cards randomly selected from a set of
150 all-new cards (no reprints) consisting of 50 rares, 50 uncommons,
and 50 commons.

The set also features 4 non-random preconstructed decks, Assamite,
Followers of Set, Giovanni, and Ravnos, which contain even more cards
and are designed to get beginning players started right away. Each
preconstructed deck contains new vampires and library cards that
aren't found in the boosters.

Emiliano Imeroni

May 24, 2007, 11:58:03 AM5/24/07

xpmaster ha scritto:

> Lords of the Night
>
> Lords of the Night is White Wolf's thirteenth expansion for Vampire:
> The Eternal Struggle, and is the second set to focus on the four main
> independent clans.
>
> Each booster pack contains 11 cards randomly selected from a set of
> 150 all-new cards (no reprints) consisting of 50 rares, 50 uncommons,
> and 50 commons.
>
> The set also features 4 non-random preconstructed decks, Assamite,
> Followers of Set, Giovanni, and Ravnos, which contain even more cards
> and are designed to get beginning players started right away. Each
> preconstructed deck contains new vampires and library cards that
> aren't found in the boosters.

150 all-new cards! Brilliant!

Emiliano
(useless comment, I know, but needed to express my enthusiasm)

RocketEddy

May 24, 2007, 12:30:35 PM5/24/07
xpmaster ha scritto:
> Lords of the Night
>
> Lords of the Night is White Wolf's thirteenth expansion for Vampire:
> The Eternal Struggle, and is the second set to focus on the four main
> independent clans.
>
> Each booster pack contains 11 cards randomly selected from a set of
> 150 all-new cards (no reprints) consisting of 50 rares, 50 uncommons,
> and 50 commons.
>
> The set also features 4 non-random preconstructed decks, Assamite,
> Followers of Set, Giovanni, and Ravnos, which contain even more cards
> and are designed to get beginning players started right away. Each
> preconstructed deck contains new vampires and library cards that
> aren't found in the boosters.

Independents! W00t! Easily my favouite sect :) I was hoping for
exactly a set along these lines, I guess I should practice more
voodoo.

*bounces around happily*

Blooded Sand

May 24, 2007, 12:39:59 PM5/24/07
Can everyone please pray to the deity of their choice (Damnans: Yes, I
mean Nergal for you) that the assamites finally get their Dog pack
variant in this set.... Please?

Inides.
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must start saving money....

CthuluKitty

May 24, 2007, 5:54:11 PM5/24/07

The Assamites already have terrible cards that cost too much and
aren't worth playing, if that's what you mean by a "Dog Pack variant".

Speaking of things related to the Gangrel, what is going on? Not a
single Gangrel vampire has been released since KMW, and no Gangrel
library cards have come out since Anarchs. Many clans are now pushing
their way into group 5, while the old school green guys still only
have 2 vampires in group 4--fewer than several of the minor bloodlines
have. It seems that the Gangrel should perhaps now be inlcuded in
Independent-based sets, since that's what they are. Apparently though,
that won't be the case.

Any insight onto when the Gangrel will be brought up to date?

tigernat1

May 24, 2007, 7:45:49 PM5/24/07
On May 24, 2:54 pm, CthuluKitty <vtanarch...@riseup.net> wrote:
> On May 24, 12:39 pm, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Speaking of things related to the Gangrel, what is going on? Not a
> single Gangrel vampire has been released since KMW, and no Gangrel
> library cards have come out since Anarchs.

Um, last I checked Mantle of the Bestial Majesty is a library card
that just came out in Sword of Caine and it requires PROTEAN. Isn't
that an in-clan discipline for Gangrel? Matter of fact isn't protean
sort of unique to that clan and their antritribu brethren?

Vegas gNat (aka Mr. Sarcasm)

shawn stanley

May 24, 2007, 7:53:59 PM5/24/07
On 24 May 2007 08:58:03 -0700, Emiliano Imeroni
<emiliano...@gmail.com> wrote:

the other way to read it, is that the booster backs are selected from
a set of 150 all-new cards. The preconstructed decks contain new
vampire and library cards that aren't found in boosters. Therefore
the set will result in more than 150 all-new cards.

CthuluKitty

May 24, 2007, 9:08:27 PM5/24/07
On May 24, 7:45 pm, tigernat1 wrote:
> Um, last I checked Mantle of the Bestial Majesty is a library card
> that just came out in Sword of Caine and it requires PROTEAN. Isn't
> that an in-clan discipline for Gangrel? Matter of fact isn't protean
> sort of unique to that clan and their antritribu brethren?

Protean is a discipline that the Gangrel have in clan, as are
fortitude and animalism, both of which have been getting some new
cards (though not very many; most of the original disciplines are
pretty much full). It's also true that Protean is unique as in clan
discipline to the Gangrel and !Gangrel. This does not change the fact
that the Gangrel have not received new vampires since KMW, or new clan
specific library cards since Anarchs, or that they still only have 2
group 4 vampires.

I guess the problem here is that since the Gangrel left the Camarilla,
they no longer belong in Cam-based expansions, but WW is also choosing
not to include them along with other independents. Where are new
Gangrel cards going to be printed? Anarchs II? What exactly do the
Gangrel have to do with anarchs?

> Vegas gNat (aka Mr. Sarcasm)

Maybe you were being sarcastic. I was not. I would like to see more
new Gangrel.

Benird

May 25, 2007, 12:32:08 AM5/25/07
As is nearly obligatory when a new set is announced.

What about a reprint of CE, it's essiential for Cam based decks (with
the most recent printings) and nearly impossible to buy these days!

Blooded Sand

May 25, 2007, 7:51:08 AM5/25/07

Please explain how something similar to DogPack would cost too much,
not be worth playing and be terrible? Prettysure I did not ask for
DogPack as is, but something similar. But hey, go right ahead, respond
all out of proportion....

gpett...@gmail.com

May 25, 2007, 8:56:13 AM5/25/07
On May 24, 9:08 pm, CthuluKitty <vtanarch...@riseup.net> wrote:
> I guess the problem here is that since the Gangrel left the Camarilla,
> they no longer belong in Cam-based expansions, but WW is also choosing
> not to include them along with other independents. Where are new
> Gangrel cards going to be printed? Anarchs II? What exactly do the
> Gangrel have to do with anarchs?
>
> > Vegas gNat (aka Mr. Sarcasm)
>
> Maybe you were being sarcastic. I was not. I would like to see more
> new Gangrel.

Clearly they need their own expansion.

--
- Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

Peter D Bakija

May 25, 2007, 9:02:03 AM5/25/07
On May 25, 7:51 am, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please explain how something similar to DogPack would cost too much,
> not be worth playing and be terrible? Prettysure I did not ask for
> DogPack as is, but something similar.

'Cause if it is similar to Dog Pack, even if it isn't exactly like Dog
Pack, it is gonna suck. 'Cause Dog Pack sucks. 'Cause it is a retainer
(requiring an action to get and it can be stolen and killed) and
'cause it costs 2 pool (which is pretty expensive for a deck that
relies on combat) and 'cause it is a waste of the time in most
situations.

The Assamites have Psyche, which is good enough.

-Peter

atomweaver

May 25, 2007, 9:36:34 AM5/25/07
CthuluKitty <vtana...@riseup.net> wrote in

> Speaking of things related to the Gangrel, what is going on? Not a
> single Gangrel vampire has been released since KMW, and no Gangrel
> library cards have come out since Anarchs. Many clans are now pushing
> their way into group 5, while the old school green guys still only
> have 2 vampires in group 4--fewer than several of the minor bloodlines
> have. It seems that the Gangrel should perhaps now be inlcuded in
> Independent-based sets, since that's what they are. Apparently though,
> that won't be the case.

Oh, I dunno. They didn't get a precon starter, but given that they had one
of those in Anarchs, its reasonable to go for the four older Indy clans who
haven't seen one since FN. I hold out a reasonable amount of hope that
within those 150 booster cards, Gangrel will make a showing.

(Note, I have no playtesting or "insider" knowledge to support this at all)

DZ
AW

Kevin M.

May 25, 2007, 2:52:21 PM5/25/07

Nearly? If you know anyone who has any CE left, please let me know! If
it is your local game store, I might just send you the money to buy the
cards for me. :)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy, and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment... Complacency... Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier

Sorrow

May 25, 2007, 9:21:47 PM5/25/07
>> What about a reprint of CE, it's essiential for Cam based decks (with
>> the most recent printings) and nearly impossible to buy these days!
> Nearly? If you know anyone who has any CE left, please let me know! If
> it is your local game store, I might just send you the money to buy the
> cards for me. :)

Kevin, I have a FLGS that has about (approx) 15 - 20 CE boosters. They may
even have some starters. If you are willing to pick up the tab (plus
shipping), I'll pick up everything they have and let you know the final
cost.

Just let me know.

btw - I tried to email you this but just replying didn't work out too well,
for obvious reasons. Since I don't have your email address, I'm just going
to reply via the group...

Sorrow
---
"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
Our war is a spiritual war. Our depression is our lives."
- Tyler Durden

RocketEddy

Jun 15, 2007, 1:38:11 PM6/15/07
> the set will result in more than 150 all-new cards.- Hide quoted text -

Let's hope the cards themselves are less ambiguous ;-)