TWD: Crusade: Verdun, Montréal

clechasseur...@catnip-software.com

May 18, 2008, 1:20:38 AM5/18/08
Name of tournament: Crusade: Verdun
Location: Montréal, Canada
Date: January 26, 2008
Number of players: 10
Number of rounds: 3 + F

Tournament-winning deck by Kevin Maclean:

4x Lambach
4x Lambach Adv
4x Frederik the Weak

18x Obfuscate
11x Fortitude
7x Auspex
7x Potence
2x Presence
5x Secure Heaven
5x Tribute to the Master
4x Waste Management Operation
4x Blood Doll
13x Legion
1x Sunset Strip, Hollywood

librarian

May 18, 2008, 1:29:05 AM5/18/08

You have got to be freakin kidding me.

wow.

anyone who was there care to comment on the metagame where this deck
played? Seems like 1 permacept would pretty much kill this deck dead.

--
Super Fun Cards
www.superfuncards.com *NEW Website!*

XZealot

May 18, 2008, 10:54:35 AM5/18/08
On May 17, 11:29 pm, librarian <aucti...@superfuncards.com> wrote:

...and a way to mitigate agg hands for 2.

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

Matthew T. Morgan

May 18, 2008, 4:28:25 PM5/18/08
On Sun, 18 May 2008, XZealot wrote:

>> wow.
>>
>> anyone who was there care to comment on the metagame where this deck
>> played? Seems like 1 permacept would pretty much kill this deck dead.

That was my thought as well. Kind of strange, since the other two TWD
posted at the same time were intercepty.

> ...and a way to mitigate agg hands for 2.

Hardly even necessary. Stop deck, go to torpor, rescue. This deck can't
block rescues.

Matt Morgan

mat...@gmail.com

May 18, 2008, 6:27:02 PM5/18/08

there is a good chance that he will have a Legion when Lambach comes
up(77cards in the crypt 13 of which are Legions w/ 3discards) I am no
good w/ probablity but this seems high. Once he has first it will get
harder to want to block the rest w/ disposable legions for diaberie
and there is always fredrick.

Joscha

May 22, 2008, 12:58:16 PM5/22/08

Doesn't Lambach's use of the Legion granted ability falls under the
NRA rule? So that he can only put one Disciplin card in play per turn
(and untapping afterwards of course). Just wondering.

Kushiel

May 22, 2008, 1:04:25 PM5/22/08
On May 22, 12:58 pm, Joscha <joscha.du...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Doesn't Lambach's use of the Legion granted ability falls under the
> NRA rule?

Yes.

> So that he can only put one Disciplin card in play per turn
> (and untapping afterwards of course).

No. NRA restricts you to one action per card in play that grants you
the ability to take that action. If a vampire has 10 Legions on him,
he can take the action to put a vampire in play 10 times per turn,
once per Legion.

John Eno

Joscha

May 22, 2008, 1:18:31 PM5/22/08
On 22 Mai, 19:04, Kushiel <invisibleking...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 22, 12:58 pm, Joscha <joscha.du...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Doesn'tLambach'suse of the Legion granted ability falls under the

> > NRA rule?
>
> Yes.
>
> > So that he can only put one Disciplin card in play per turn
> > (and untapping afterwards of course).
>
> No. NRA restricts you to one action per card in play that grants you
> the ability to take that action. If a vampire has 10 Legions on him,
> he can take the action to put a vampire in play 10 times per turn,
> once per Legion.
>
> John Eno

Uh okay, evil. Thanks.