Andre LeRoux questions

Chris Berger

Nov 22, 2008, 5:29:58 PM11/22/08

1) Andre LeRoux can use his ability more than once per turn, correct?
I don't see any reason why not, but since I'm asking questions,
thought I'd start by making sure of that.

2) Andre's ability is played in the same window as Spying Mission,
right? After all other modifications to the bleed amount, etc...

3) Can Andre LeRoux use his ability more than once per action? It
appears (to me) that by card text he can use it as many times as he
wants per action, gaining +infinity bleed - it doesn't use the During
X, do Y template. But since that's insane, I'm guessing it should
either be "once per action" or at the very least "cannot reduce below
0". Perhaps once the bleed is reduced to 0 it changes to no longer
being a successful bleed and then Andre can't use his ability
anymore? Is that how it works?

4) Do you gain the Edge as soon as it's determined to be a successful
bleed, before using his ability? Or do you wait until it's fully
resolved, and if Andre reduces the bleed to 0, you don't gain the
Edge?

5) Did Spiridonas just lose the King of Bleedzooka title? To a 3 cap?

Card text:
Andre LeRoux
Clan: Toreador (group 5)
Capacity: 3
Disciplines: aus
Camarilla: When a vampire you control successfully bleeds, you may
reduce the bleed amount by 1 to give Andre +2 bleed this turn.

Rarity: KoT:V

Blooded Sand

Nov 22, 2008, 5:35:23 PM11/22/08
On Nov 22, 11:29 pm, Chris Berger <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> 1) Andre LeRoux can use his ability more than once per turn, correct?
> I don't see any reason why not, but since I'm asking questions,
> thought I'd start by making sure of that.
>
> 2) Andre's ability is played in the same window as Spying Mission,
> right?  After all other modifications to the bleed amount, etc...
>
> 3) Can Andre LeRoux use his ability more than once per action?  It
> appears (to me) that by card text he can use it as many times as he
> wants per action, gaining +infinity bleed - it doesn't use the During
> X, do Y template.  But since that's insane, I'm guessing it should
> either be "once per action" or at the very least "cannot reduce below
> 0".  Perhaps once the bleed is reduced to 0 it changes to no longer
> being a successful bleed and then Andre can't use his ability
> anymore?  Is that how it works?
Yup, once the +2 is given, the bleed is for 0, thus no infinte loop
can occur

> 4) Do you gain the Edge as soon as it's determined to be a successful
> bleed, before using his ability?  Or do you wait until it's fully
> resolved, and if Andre reduces the bleed to 0, you don't gain the
> Edge?
See spying mission. Bleeding for 0 with SM means an unsuccessful
bleed, thus no edge

> 5) Did Spiridonas just lose the King of Bleedzooka title?  To a 3 cap?
LOL.....

LSJ

Nov 22, 2008, 6:05:10 PM11/22/08
Chris Berger wrote:
> 1) Andre LeRoux can use his ability more than once per turn, correct?
> I don't see any reason why not, but since I'm asking questions,
> thought I'd start by making sure of that.

No. He can use it when the trigger event happens. Once each time the trigger
event happens.

Just like the similarly-templated Courier (look once per successful bleed), Esau
(one flip per declaration), Amenophobis (one card per successful ser action),
Bima (one Discipline per entering play), Blade Clot, Inez Villagrande, Jack
Dawson, Lazlo Mirac, etc.

> 2) Andre's ability is played in the same window as Spying Mission,
> right? After all other modifications to the bleed amount, etc...

Yes.

> 3) Can Andre LeRoux use his ability more than once per action? It

No. This seems like the same question as 1) above.

> appears (to me) that by card text he can use it as many times as he
> wants per action, gaining +infinity bleed - it doesn't use the During
> X, do Y template. But since that's insane, I'm guessing it should
> either be "once per action" or at the very least "cannot reduce below
> 0". Perhaps once the bleed is reduced to 0 it changes to no longer
> being a successful bleed and then Andre can't use his ability
> anymore? Is that how it works?

That would be a limiting factor if the template allowed repetition, sure.

> 4) Do you gain the Edge as soon as it's determined to be a successful
> bleed, before using his ability? Or do you wait until it's fully
> resolved, and if Andre reduces the bleed to 0, you don't gain the
> Edge?

The latter. Like Spying Mission.

> 5) Did Spiridonas just lose the King of Bleedzooka title? To a 3 cap?

Spiri's title is Prince, not King.

LSJ

Nov 22, 2008, 6:10:04 PM11/22/08
LSJ wrote:
> Chris Berger wrote:
>> 1) Andre LeRoux can use his ability more than once per turn, correct?
>> I don't see any reason why not, but since I'm asking questions,
>> thought I'd start by making sure of that.

Ah. Per *turn*. Yeah, that's allowed. Each successful bleed, he can use his ability.

>> 2) Andre's ability is played in the same window as Spying Mission,
>> right? After all other modifications to the bleed amount, etc...
>
> Yes.
>
>> 3) Can Andre LeRoux use his ability more than once per action? It
>
> No. This seems like the same question as 1) above.

Treat the previous answer to 1) as the answer to this question.

That is:

> No. He can use it when the trigger event happens. Once each time the
> trigger event happens.
>
> Just like the similarly-templated Courier (look once per successful
> bleed), Esau (one flip per declaration), Amenophobis (one card per
> successful ser action), Bima (one Discipline per entering play), Blade
> Clot, Inez Villagrande, Jack Dawson, Lazlo Mirac, etc.

Chris Berger

Nov 22, 2008, 7:08:00 PM11/22/08
On Nov 22, 5:05 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

(answer to 1 through 4 on Andre LeRoux)

Okay, thanks. Probably for the best that you can't use him more than
once per action. Not how I thought it would work, but makes sense.

> > 5) Did Spiridonas just lose the King of Bleedzooka title?  To a 3 cap?
>
> Spiri's title is Prince, not King.

Screw that, I'm going to call him Andre's Thrall from now on.

librarian

Nov 22, 2008, 7:59:02 PM11/22/08

Go whole hog, call him Andre's Biatch.

best -

chris

--
Super Fun Cards
www.superfuncards.com *NEW Website!*

Orpheus

Nov 22, 2008, 8:12:29 PM11/22/08

You mean, apart from the facts that :
- Spiridonas doesn't mean other minion's succesful bleeds to get a bleed
bonus, just his own blood
- he can get stealth without outside sources
- he has a fighting discipline which can make other people think before
stopping him (well, two even)
- he has DOM to top his own personal bleed boost
Well, then I guess apart from all that he's pawned by Andre...

--
Orpheus
--

Luther Manning.

Chris Berger

Nov 23, 2008, 2:22:21 AM11/23/08
On Nov 22, 7:12 pm, "Orpheus" <orpheus...@NOSPAMfree.fr> wrote:

> >> 5) Did Spiridonas just lose the King of Bleedzooka title? To a 3
> >> cap?

> LOL.....
>

> You mean, apart from the facts that :
> - Spiridonas doesn't mean other minion's succesful bleeds to get a bleed
> bonus, just his own blood
> - he can get stealth without outside sources
> - he has a fighting discipline which can make other people think before
> stopping him (well, two even)
> - he has DOM to top his own personal bleed boost
> Well, then I guess apart from all that he's pawned by Andre...

Yeah, apart from all that. Hey, Andre's a 3 cap, cut him some slack.

Blooded Sand

Nov 23, 2008, 4:14:13 AM11/23/08

Andre in a 1 cap swarm deck is gonna be somewhat silly, too....

Orpheus

Nov 23, 2008, 11:13:06 AM11/23/08

Yes and no, because if he reduces all the previous bleeds you know he's the
one to stop, so you'll keep whatever ressources you have to stop him.

Could be a strategy in itself if the others bleed in Govern, but it's far
from surefire.

Dasein

Nov 23, 2008, 7:54:37 PM11/23/08

I think the best use of him though is to reduce your bleeds that get
flicked and your grandprey can’t or won’t block. Apart from that, he
will be kind of useful in weenie auspex decks because yeah they
generally rely on swarm bleeds to oust their preys. He can turn two
bleeds of one into a zero and a 3, which is not bad I guess..

floppyzedolfin

Nov 23, 2008, 8:11:54 PM11/23/08
On 23 nov, 00:05, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > 3) Can Andre LeRoux use his ability more than once per action?  It
>
> No. This seems like the same question as 1) above.
>
> > appears (to me) that by card text he can use it as many times as he
> > wants per action, gaining +infinity bleed - it doesn't use the During
> > X, do Y template.  But since that's insane, I'm guessing it should
> > either be "once per action" or at the very least "cannot reduce below
> > 0".  Perhaps once the bleed is reduced to 0 it changes to no longer
> > being a successful bleed and then Andre can't use his ability
> > anymore?  Is that how it works?
>
> That would be a limiting factor if the template allowed repetition, sure.
>
> > Card text:
> > Andre LeRoux
> > Clan: Toreador (group 5)
> > Capacity: 3
> > Disciplines: aus
> > Camarilla: When a vampire you control successfully bleeds, you may
> > reduce the bleed amount by 1 to give Andre +2 bleed this turn.
>
> > Rarity:  KoT:V

Here's my question of the day :
Andre LeRoux declares a bleed for 1, prey does not block, and does not
redirect the bleed. We reach the "Spying Mission Window".
He uses his special to reduce the bleed amount by 1, and get "+2 bleed
this turn".
My questions are :
1/ My prey has already declined to play any effect. I think she can't
play Deflection any more, but I just want to check this.
2/ Nothing else happens. Does my prey burn 2 pool ? I suppose so, but
I'm not entirely sure.
Here's my argumentation : If a vampire with a Spying Mission
successfully bleeds the Spying Mission's target, once the bleed amount
has been checked ("successfully" part), the SM burns to give the
vampire "+2 bleed" (exact same wording, this is important. It's not
"increase the bleed amount by 2", my whole point relies on that). And
I've been playing SMs in the way that, when it burns, the bleed amount
is increased, hence the target burns 2 extra pool for the bleed. So I
can't see any reason for Andre not to get +2 bleed immediately, hence
turning the "bleed for 1" into a "bleed for 2".

LSJ

Nov 23, 2008, 8:30:41 PM11/23/08

Well, simply declining to block doesn't mean you can't deflect.

But, yes, Andre's ability isn't applied until the bleed is successful, which is
after the point at which Deflection can be played.

> 2/ Nothing else happens. Does my prey burn 2 pool ? I suppose so, but
> I'm not entirely sure.

Yes.

1 - 1 + 2 = 2

Meej

Nov 24, 2008, 10:34:40 AM11/24/08
On Nov 23, 8:30 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> > Here's my question of the day :
> > Andre LeRoux declares a bleed for 1, prey does not block, and does not
> > redirect the bleed. We reach the "Spying Mission Window".
> > He uses his special to reduce the bleed amount by 1, and get "+2 bleed
> > this turn".

> > 2/ Nothing else happens. Does my prey burn 2 pool ? I suppose so, but

> > I'm not entirely sure.
>
> Yes.
>
> 1 - 1 + 2 = 2

Wow. So, effectively, even if you never used his ability on anyone
other than himself, he's a 3-cap with an optional +1 bleed? Yowza.

- D.J.

Oko

Nov 25, 2008, 8:18:45 AM11/25/08
> > > 2/ Nothing else happens. Does my prey burn 2 pool ? I suppose so, but
> > > I'm not entirely sure.
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > 1 - 1 + 2 = 2
>
> Wow. So, effectively, even if you never used his ability on anyone
> other than himself, he's a 3-cap with an optional +1 bleed? Yowza.
>
> - D.J.

Talk about responsible bleeder.
Another reason to pack Aranthebes, indeed.