Kyoko Abactor deck

XZealot

Jun 6, 2009, 1:46:56 AM6/6/09
If Kyoko plays Abactor, then does she steal 5 blood from another
vampire?

bwr...@mail.com

Jun 6, 2009, 3:06:39 AM6/6/09
On Jun 6, 1:46 am, XZealot <xzea...@cox.net> wrote:
> If Kyoko plays Abactor, then does she steal 5 blood from another
> vampire?

Of course not. Abactor is just a different non-standard hunt, just
like her special. Putting them together is like having Cybele take a
Legal Manipulations action and then trying to apply the bleed from her
special bleed action. It doesn't work because they're two different
actions.

Brent Ross

Oko

Jun 6, 2009, 3:07:00 AM6/6/09
On 6 kesä, 08:46, XZealot <xzea...@cox.net> wrote:
> If Kyoko plays Abactor, then does she steal 5 blood from another
> vampire?

Kyoko Shinsegawa.
Clan: Tremere
Group: 3
Capacity: 5
aus cel dom for
Camarilla: Kyoko cannot hunt as normal. She may hunt by stealing a
blood from another ready vampire as a +1 stealth (D) action.

Does it say "Kyoko may hunt by playing Abactor" ?

jcrossn...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2009, 12:31:11 PM6/6/09
Oko wrote:
> Kyoko Shinsegawa.
> Clan: Tremere
>  Group: 3
> Capacity: 5
> aus cel dom for
> Camarilla: Kyoko cannot hunt as normal. She may hunt by stealing a
> blood from another ready vampire as a +1 stealth (D) action.
>
> Does it say "Kyoko may hunt by playing Abactor" ?

No it doesn't, but neither does any other vampire in the game have
that text. Her text also does not explicitly state that she can bleed
with Govern the Unaligned, but she most certainly can. I don't
understand what you're implying.

Jesse

LSJ

Jun 6, 2009, 12:42:45 PM6/6/09

He's implying that Kyoko's text gives her the ability to take a specific action.
Just like Govern gives her the ability to take a (different) specific action.

See also Rafaele Giovanni's text (another action): Rafaele cannot use Govern +
his special to bleed his predator for 3 (well, 4 with his other special, but you
get the idea). They're two different actions.

Similarly, Abactor provides yet another action. Kyoko cannot take both the
Abactor action and her special ability action in one action. Having two
available bleed actions is not the same as having two enhancements that can be
applied to any bleed action.

jcrossn...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2009, 6:38:49 PM6/6/09
LSJ wrote:
> He's implying that Kyoko's text gives her the ability to take a specific action.
> Just like Govern gives her the ability to take a (different) specific action.

Well, perhaps I read incorrectly, but he also seemed to be implying
that she can't play Abactor at all, which is not the case.

Jesse

Johannes Walch

Jun 8, 2009, 9:36:28 AM6/8/09
jcrossn...@gmail.com schrieb:

I cannot see he is implying that. He just says Kyoko�s test does not
have any reference to Abactor, which is true.

He leaves it to the imagination of the reader what consequences that has ;-)

XZealot

Jun 8, 2009, 10:29:04 AM6/8/09
On Jun 6, 12:46 am, XZealot <xzea...@cox.net> wrote:
> If Kyoko plays Abactor, then does she steal 5 blood from another
> vampire?

LSJ? You are being cryptic...

LSJ

Jun 8, 2009, 10:40:30 AM6/8/09

Naw, not me. Cryptic is calling someone cryptic in a reply to yourself which
contains no dialog from that supposedly-cryptic someone nor from anyone else
other than yourself.

What I have been being in this thread is "explict and verbose":

LSJ wrote:
> [... verbosity snipped...] Kyoko cannot take both the
> Abactor action and her special ability action in one action. [...]

jcrossn...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2009, 11:43:34 AM6/8/09
XZealot asked his question again:

> > If Kyoko plays Abactor, then does she steal 5 blood from another
> > vampire?
>
> LSJ?  You are being cryptic...

Not all rules questions require a ruling from LSJ, and he seems not to
like giving explicit rulings when he feels they are unnecessary. The
correct answer to your question has already been given in this thread,
and was backed up by comments from LSJ.

Jesse

librarian

Jun 8, 2009, 1:44:34 PM6/8/09