FELDB 2.5 beta version

Bala

Nov 4, 2008, 1:29:06 AM11/4/08
Hi All,

I'm still working on a new Deck Manager and Inventory system in
FELDB.
Ilve almost finished it, I would like to ask you to test the new Deck
Management system in FELDB.

In the future, you don't need create any backup from your vtes.db file
what contains the cards list, because FELDB use a new DB file to
contains your Inventory and Deck Lists. (the Inventory modul still now
working, please do not test).

I would like you ask you to try the new Deck Manager:
- you can also load or save your old ELD files as usual
- but also you can store it to the FELDB
- you can create Groups and out the Decks to any Groups, then you can
find it easier (expl> you can create a "Brujah" and "Lasombra" group,
then you can put your Brujah and Lasombra decks to these groups.,
etc...)

Please try it, I hope You'll find it useful. If you have some sensible
suggestions, please write it to me (here, or email)

IMPORTANT: please create a new Folder for the FELDB Beta, then unzip
this file to the new folder:
member.rpg.hu/bala/FELDB_beta.zip

In the future, you can use the following web page for FELDB: (update
your bookmark)
http://member.rpg.hu/bala/feldb/

I hope you'll enjoy the new version of FELDB.

Of course the new Keepers of Tradition expansion will be available in
the future - as usual

Regards,
Bala

Bala

Nov 4, 2008, 2:05:38 AM11/4/08
You can use this Group to discussion:
http://groups.google.com/group/feldb/topics

Bala

Nov 5, 2008, 5:38:07 AM11/5/08

Bala

Nov 18, 2008, 4:18:31 AM11/18/08
Hi All,

good news: the new beta version contains the new Keeprs of Tradition
cards! :)
Plesae check it:
http://groups.google.com/group/feldb/web/FELDB_2.5.0_beta.zip
(extract it to a new folder)

Regards,
Bala

extrala

Nov 18, 2008, 6:40:29 AM11/18/08
On Nov 18, 10:18 am, Bala <kbk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> good news: the new beta version contains the new Keeprs of Tradition
> cards! :)
That is indeed good news. The new FELDB data update 1 day before the
actual release. That's great.

Some observations (having not really tested the new features):

The following two vampires from KoT have Group 0
* Graham Gottesman
* Lodin (Olaf Holte)

When I filter in the crypt tab by "Any Title" and "KoT", only the
"KoT" filter criteria is used.

Is it possible *for you* to remove the "examples" from the Deck
Manager before publishing the next release. Otherwise every user has
to remove them manually.

Regards, Ralf
====================
http://extrala.blogspot.com

Bala

Nov 18, 2008, 7:11:46 AM11/18/08
> That is indeed good news. The new FELDB data update 1 day before the
> actual release. That's great.

Thanks for spoilers from web sites... :)

> Some observations (having not really tested the new features):
> The following two vampires from KoT have Group 0

There are 3 vamp with Group 0

Ezra Hawthorne
Graham Gottesman
Lodin (Olaf Holte)

I don't know yet the correct group number, please sdy comment here...

> When I filter in the crypt tab by "Any Title" and "KoT", only the
> "KoT" filter criteria is used.

Thanks. There is a bug searching "Any Title". Fixed.

> Is it possible *for you* to remove the "examples" from the Deck
> Manager before publishing the next release. Otherwise every user has
> to remove them manually.

Of course. :)

Regards,
Bala

Sydnelson

Nov 18, 2008, 11:38:44 AM11/18/08

Ezra Hawthorne - G4
Graham Gottesman - G5
Lodin (Olaf Holte) - G5

I have all card images here and I will send to you soon.

Anyone knows card text of new 4 promos?

Regards,
Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson

PS: I will launch LackeyCCG VTES Plugin with new expasion tomorrow...

Bala

Nov 18, 2008, 12:27:46 PM11/18/08
> Ezra Hawthorne - G4
> Graham Gottesman - G5
> Lodin (Olaf Holte) - G5
> I have all card images here and I will send to you soon.

Thank you, that would be great!

Bala

The Lasombra

Nov 18, 2008, 6:36:51 PM11/18/08
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:38:44 -0800 (PST), Sydnelson wrote:

>Anyone knows card text of new 4 promos?

Yes.

http://forums.white-wolf.com/viewtopic.php?t=85656

Bala

Nov 20, 2008, 6:50:25 AM11/20/08

Pictures for KoT:
http://groups.google.com/group/feldb/web/pictures_kot.zip

New DataBase:
http://groups.google.com/group/feldb/web/vtes_database.zip

But, I almost finished the final version, please be patient. Until you
can use the Beta, or the the latest final edition with the new
database. http://feldb.googlegroups.com/web/FELDB_2.4.2.zip
In the futunre you don't need export/import your database manually
before a new expansion with the new 2.5.0 version.

"It's gonna be legen... wait for it..."

Orpheus

Nov 22, 2008, 8:26:59 PM11/22/08
Zelios is written as having Pre, not Pro.

The Group 0 still show.

> But, I almost finished the final version, please be patient. Until you
> can use the Beta, or the the latest final edition with the new
> database. http://feldb.googlegroups.com/web/FELDB_2.4.2.zip
> In the futunre you don't need export/import your database manually
> before a new expansion with the new 2.5.0 version.
>
> "It's gonna be legen... wait for it..."

So, for now, is it better to use the old version, the beta or what ?

Thanks for your continued efforts,

Orpheus

--
"Cynicism isn't maturity. Callousness isn't strength. Pretending you
don't care so you don't have to try isn't "winning" What you do with

Luther Manning.

Orpheus

Nov 22, 2008, 8:29:00 PM11/22/08
"Any title" doesn't seem to select, well, any title at all...

Orpheus

Nov 23, 2008, 9:37:53 PM11/23/08
New error found : Joseph Cambridge shows as ani / dom / obf / OBF instead of
POT.

Bala

Nov 24, 2008, 7:17:28 AM11/24/08
Orpheus: Thanks. Fixed and uploaded
http://groups.google.com/group/feldb/files

I think everybody should use the beta. This beta knows everything what
the alfa should, but I didn't finished the online update function yet.

Bala

Bala

Nov 24, 2008, 8:47:14 AM11/24/08
from "Deck archive AND inventory tool?" topic:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_thread/thread/60653e6e7b72ce2d/f7542c0d63317d3e?lnk=gst&q=feldb#f7542c0d63317d3e

Cry Wolf, and everybody: IT IS DONE! :)

Check it: http://groups.google.com/group/feldb/web/FELDB_2.5.0_beta.zip

So, please check the new Inventory and Deck Manger system, import your
inventory to the 2.5 Beta, import your decks (using Deck menu) to Deck
Manager, and check your available cards in deckbuilder tab. :)
(set your decks to "Counts to Inventory", then you have the
information how many card you have, how many are in your deck and how
many are available)

So, I'll finish the online-update function then 2.5 will be live. :)

Bala

Orpheus

Nov 24, 2008, 11:04:35 AM11/24/08
Bala wrote:
> Orpheus: Thanks. Fixed and uploaded
> http://groups.google.com/group/feldb/files

You're welcome. Also noticed missing vamps from WW list (I don't have any of
those, do they really exist ?) : Gwendolyn Fleming

Osric Vladislav

> I think everybody should use the beta. This beta knows everything what
> the alfa should, but I didn't finished the online update function yet.

Ok, thanks ! Using it right now. ;)

BTW, in the Beta I can't find the brackets that allow to resize the pictures
window ?

Thanks for your work, as usual

Orpheus

Nov 24, 2008, 11:15:33 AM11/24/08
Orpheus wrote:
> Bala wrote:
>> Orpheus: Thanks. Fixed and uploaded
>> http://groups.google.com/group/feldb/files
>
> You're welcome. Also noticed missing vamps from WW list (I don't have
> any of those, do they really exist ?) : Gwendolyn Fleming
>
> Osric Vladislav

Same for
Hiram "Hide" DeVries : don't have it, doesn't show in Feldb.

What the heck ??

librarian

Nov 24, 2008, 7:42:29 PM11/24/08

Great tool Bala -

I keep getting a "List Index is out of bounds (xx)" error, where XX
started as 19, and has now moved up to 23. This happens in hte Deck
Manager. What happened first was I tried to import *all* my .eld decks
into the utility, and it seemed to crash the system...

Also, when I delete a deck from my list of decks, it seems intuitive to
me that it would also get deleted from the groups lists below it.

best -

chris

--
Super Fun Cards
www.superfuncards.com *NEW Website!*

librarian

Nov 24, 2008, 7:49:48 PM11/24/08

I don't know if this is on purpose, but when I open a deck in Deck
Builder, the Deck Manager tab goes away...

librarian

Nov 24, 2008, 7:50:49 PM11/24/08

Ah, I see, it is supposed to switch back and forth between the two...

Orpheus

Nov 24, 2008, 8:36:12 PM11/24/08
> BTW, in the Beta I can't find the brackets that allow to resize the
> pictures window ?

This works now, not sure why though.

Bala

Nov 25, 2008, 7:23:01 AM11/25/08
> > BTW, in the Beta I can't find the brackets that allow to resize the
> > pictures window ?
> This works now, not sure why though.

You are the 54. person who had this problem :) , because of this is a
Windows error: when you turn on the Show-Pictures option, the slide
bar don't show up, but if you restart the program, then there is.

Bala

Nov 25, 2008, 7:26:19 AM11/25/08
> I keep getting a "List Index is out of bounds (xx)" error, where XX
> started as 19, and has now moved up to 23.  This happens in hte Deck
> Manager.  What happened first was I tried to import *all* my .eld decks
> into the utility, and it seemed to crash the system...

Can you please send me ALL your decks? Because this bug didn't happen
to me.

> Also, when I delete a deck from my list of decks, it seems intuitive to
> me that it would also get deleted from the groups lists below it.

I'll fix it.

--------------

Please keep testing. :)

Regards,
Bala

Bala

Nov 25, 2008, 7:27:28 AM11/25/08
> > You're welcome. Also noticed missing vamps from WW list (I don't have
> > any of those, do they really exist ?) :
> Gwendolyn Fleming
> Osric Vladislav
> Hiram "Hide" DeVries
> : don't have it, doesn't show in Feldb.
> What the heck ??

Yeah, LSJ worte that these 3 vamps don't printed in KoT.
Lol.

Orpheus

Nov 25, 2008, 9:28:17 AM11/25/08

Ok, fine, thanks !

At least it's not me being too silly to find it in the first place. ;)

Bala

Nov 26, 2008, 6:28:16 AM11/26/08
GOOD NEWS! :)

I think it is finished. Finally. Phu. It was loooong.

So, please help me, and test the beta to create the final version -
without bugs.

http://groups.google.com/group/feldb/web/FELDB_2.5.0_beta.zip

Download and unzip and overwrite every file.

-----------------------

Librarian: I could import ALL your eld decks to FELDB. :) It takes
long time, but it was successful. :)

Regards,
Bala

tigernat1

Dec 30, 2008, 9:17:02 PM12/30/08
On Nov 18, 8:38 am, Sydnelson <sydnels...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 18 nov, 09:11, Bala <kbk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > > That is indeed good news. The newFELDBdata update 1 day before the

> > > actual release. That's great.
>
> > Thanks for spoilers from web sites... :)
>
> > > Some observations (having not really tested the new features):
> > > The following two vampires fromKoThave Group 0

> > There are 3 vamp with Group 0
>
> > Ezra Hawthorne
> > Graham Gottesman
> > Lodin (Olaf Holte)
>
> > I don't know yet the correct group number, please sdy comment here...
>
> > > When I filter in the crypt tab by "Any Title" and "KoT", only the
> > > "KoT" filter criteria is used.
>
> > Thanks. There is a bug searching "Any Title". Fixed.
>
> > > Is it possible *for you* to remove the "examples" from the Deck
> > > Manager before publishing the next release. Otherwise every user has
> > > to remove them manually.
>
> > Of course. :)
>
> > Regards,
> > Bala
>
> Ezra Hawthorne - G4
> Graham Gottesman - G5
> Lodin (Olaf Holte) - G5
>
> I have all card images here and I will send to you soon.
>
> Anyone knows card text of new 4 promos?
>
> Regards,
> Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
>
> PS: I will launch LackeyCCG VTES Plugin with new expasion tomorrow...

The picture files seem to be missing some entries. I downloaded the
most recent pics file and i noticed its missing Arcane Appraiser,
Monastery of Shadows, Ponticulus, Target Retainer, Waiting Game,
Warsaw Station and White Nights Massacre. Anyone have these?

Vegas gNat