Kiss of Ra/Freak Drive Q (LSJ?)

Joshua Duffin

Jul 1, 2003, 12:01:44 PM7/1/03
I thought this question must have been asked and answered
before, but I can't find it on Google. Maybe because the
wording of Kiss of Ra changed in CE and it didn't occur
to people that it might have changed the answer?

Can an acting vampire play superior Freak Drive after playing
Kiss of Ra (at either level)? I believe the answer to this
question used to be "yes", but since CE text on Kiss is
"The block attempt is canceled, the blocking vampire burns 2
blood, and the current action is ended (without combat)", I
think the action may now be over as soon as Kiss of Ra is
played, meaning that you can't play Freak Drive since there
is no longer an action to modify. Is that right?

Josh

kiss my grits!

LSJ

Jul 1, 2003, 1:23:30 PM7/1/03
Joshua Duffin wrote:
> "The block attempt is canceled, the blocking vampire burns 2
> blood, and the current action is ended (without combat)", I
> think the action may now be over as soon as Kiss of Ra is
> played, meaning that you can't play Freak Drive since there
> is no longer an action to modify. Is that right?

Yes.

Well, you can't play Freak because the action wasn't successful
(as required by the inferior), and it wasn't blocked (as required
by the superior), so the effect of Kiss now ending doesn't come
to bear - the fact that it is no longer blocking the action is
the key.

Google: "Kiss Freak author:LSJ"

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

reyda

Jul 1, 2003, 1:37:45 PM7/1/03
LSJ wrote:

:: Joshua Duffin wrote:
::: "The block attempt is canceled, the blocking vampire burns 2
::: blood, and the current action is ended (without combat)", I
::: think the action may now be over as soon as Kiss of Ra is
::: played, meaning that you can't play Freak Drive since there
::: is no longer an action to modify. Is that right?
::
:: Yes.
::
:: Well, you can't play Freak because the action wasn't successful
:: (as required by the inferior), and it wasn't blocked (as required
:: by the superior), so the effect of Kiss now ending doesn't come
:: to bear - the fact that it is no longer blocking the action is
:: the key.
::
:: Google: "Kiss Freak author:LSJ"

In the past, when a vampire played Kiss of Ra while a Milicent smith was in
play (on his side =p), the vampire was burned. Now it is not , i guess. Can
you please confirm this ? =)

reyda

(will save it and keep it for future reference ;) )

LSJ

Jul 1, 2003, 1:40:08 PM7/1/03
reyda wrote:
> In the past, when a vampire played Kiss of Ra while a Milicent smith was in
> play (on his side =p), the vampire was burned. Now it is not , i guess. Can
> you please confirm this ? =)
>
> reyda
>
> (will save it and keep it for future reference ;) )

Google has saved the confirmation for you already:
Google: "Kiss Millicent author:LSJ"