Jack Drake, better than Appolonius?

XZealot

May 23, 2008, 10:24:11 AM5/23/08
Is Jack Drake better than Appolonius?

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

Johannes Walch

May 23, 2008, 10:55:18 AM5/23/08
XZealot schrieb:

I am not sure if there will ever be a vampire better than Appolonius.

OrgPlay

May 23, 2008, 11:03:48 AM5/23/08

Appolonius can hold a lot of blood. That's pretty good.

oscar

May 23, 2008, 11:30:44 AM5/23/08
On May 23, 7:24 am, XZealot <xzea...@cox.net> wrote:
> Is Jack Drake better than Appolonius?

are you dissin' my boy Apples?

--> J
grail_pbem "at" hotmail.com

brandons...@yahoo.com

May 23, 2008, 11:50:35 AM5/23/08
Appolonius
Clan: Brujah
Group: 1
Capacity: 10
Discipline: for pot CEL PRE
Camarilla primogen: Appolonius gets one optional press each combat. +1
bleed.

One vote, two superior disciplines, a press and +1 bleed.. He does
have fortitude, but big deal.

Klaus Konrecht
Clan: Toreador antitribu
Group: 4
Capacity: 8
Discipline: for pot AUS CEL PRE
Sabbat cardinal.

3 votes, 8 cap, 1 more superior discipline, but no press! I guess no
well-aimed cars for him!

Brandon

Malone

May 23, 2008, 12:02:49 PM5/23/08
On May 23, 10:24 am, XZealot <xzea...@cox.net> wrote:
> Is Jack Drake better than Appolonius?

IN-CLAN SUPERIORS
Appolonius has [CEL PRE], allowing such power combos as Aire of
Elation + Alacrity and Majesty + Psyche.
Jack Drake has [CEL POT] which lets him do what? Flurry bleed and
Rampage on the same turn?
WINNER: APPOLONIUS

OUT-OF-CLAN DISCIPLINE
Jack has [tha], giving him access to Machine Blitz. Plus, he can use
Biothaumaturgic experiment to get an Elephant Guardian.
Appolonius only has [for]. 'Nuff said.
WINNER: JACK DRAKE

CAPACITY
10>8.
WINNER: APPOLONIUS

GROUPING
Jack cannot be in a crypt with Frederick the Weak. Appolonius can.
WINNER: APPOLONIUS

PERMANENT BONUSES
Appolonius has +1 bleed, Jack has +1 strength. +1=+1.
TIE

SPECIAL TRAITS
While Primogena (is that the correct plural of Primogen?) may play Of
Noble Blood and Will of the Council, Anarchs get access to a larger
number of cards of similar importance. Still, Primogen is a title,
and Primogena have benefits versus Maldavis.
WINNER: APPOLONIUS

OTHER SPECIALS
All Jack can do is let all your younger vampires come out Anarch.
Appolonius has a press. Everybody knows all interesting combat
happens *after* the first round. Where is Jack Drake going to get a
press when he needs one?
WINNER: APPOLONIUS

LSJ

May 23, 2008, 12:39:48 PM5/23/08
Malone wrote:
> SPECIAL TRAITS
> While Primogena (is that the correct plural of Primogen?) may play Of

I just say Primogen et al.
(Try it)

brandons...@yahoo.com

May 23, 2008, 12:47:50 PM5/23/08

I think it's like moose, same singular as plural. "That primogen" "The
primogen" "Those primogen"
Could be wrong, but that's what I thought it was in the RPG

Brandon

Pullen

May 23, 2008, 7:43:30 PM5/23/08
On May 23, 10:24 am, XZealot <xzea...@cox.net> wrote:

Yes, but i would rather have my boy Jalan-Aajav, he has the press and
is a Seraph. Black Gloves + Flesh of Marble FTW!

Malone

May 23, 2008, 9:53:26 PM5/23/08
On May 23, 12:39 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> > Primogena (is that the correct plural of Primogen?)

> I just say Primogen et al.

huhhuhuh you said, "gen et al" huhuhhuhuh

I. M. Bur

May 27, 2008, 3:08:06 AM5/27/08
> OTHER SPECIALS
> All Jack can do is let all your younger vampires come out Anarch.
> Appolonius has a press. Everybody knows all interesting combat
> happens *after* the first round. Where is Jack Drake going to get a
> press when he needs one?
> WINNER: APPOLONIUS

While the other parts of your analysis are accurate, I have to point out
that Jack has access to Anarch Free Press! A definite TIE.

--
-bur