Questions

0 vue

LSJ

non lue,
24 mars 1999, 03:00:0024/03/1999
à VTE...@oracle.wizards.com
On VTES-L, Davey Bonnevalle wrote:
> 1. If you play a card like Daring the Dawn the resulting combat is
> aggravated. (u know what I mean). Combat is finished and both Vampires
> survive (well, not torporised anyway, hehe). When u play Hidden Lurker
> or Fast Reaction or Psyche! is the resulting combat also aggravated?

No. That second combat is not the "resulting" combat.

> 2. Are Monacle of Clarity and Rotschreck banned cards?

For DCI tounaments (the only area involving any official banning
of cards):

Monocle, yes.
Rotschreck, no.

> 3. In a political Followers of Set deck the following situation occurs:
> I take control of a Vampire controlled by my Prey (Temptation) for 1
> turn. Can I Banish that Vampire? If so, the cardtext sais that the
> vampire goes to the controllers uncontrolled region. (That would be
> mine).

Card text doesn't specify which uncontrolled region.
But, since the (temporary) control is granted by a card (Temptation),
which is no longer in play (minion cards on Banished vampires are not
in play), the effect (temporary control) is broken and the vampire is
placed in his previous controller's uncontrolled region.

> Can I take the blood left on the vampire to my pool during my
> influence? If my turn is finished the vampire is again controlled by my
> Prey, but is located in MY uncontrolled region. What happens here as I
> am confused... (Can I influence on the vampire, or can I take control
> over the vampire totally?)

Moot.

> 4. When a vote succeeds and you play Cryptic Rider so that your next
> vote automaticly succeeds (or u use another card for the same purpose):
> can u use Voters Captivation for the autosuccessvote? (My guess is yes,
> you can count the votes in your favor, the vote passes anyway).

Yes, but since the referendum didn't pass by any set number of votes,
Voter Cap gains you zero pool.

> 5. Can Scorn of Adonis be played anytime in a Vote Action? I mean AFTER
> everyone voted?

Yes.

> 6. Clarify this for me will you:
> a) Can u play the same combatcard in the same round of combat?

Yes.

> b) If you have an optional press availabe in the first round, but
> dont use it can u use it in another round of the same combat?

If it comes from a combat card, no. (Combat cards apply only to the
current round, by default). If it comes from some other card (like
Rat's Warning), yes.

> c) Can u use the same card in the same action? (I bleed, he untaps
> and plays Deflection, the bleed gets deflected again, he untaps
> with the SAME vampire and plays Deflection)

No. "A minion cannot play the same reaction card more than once during
a single action." [1.6.3.5]

> Repeated action rulings:
> d) Bleeding with ANY card or without card is considered to be the
> a bleed action. (A minion can thus only attempt a bleed
> action once a turn) Correct?

Yes.

> e) Entering combat via Haven, Ambush, Bums Rush, Blood Hunt, etc...
> are different types of actions. Correct?

Yes.

> f) Political actions on cards or without card is considered to be a
> political action. (A minion can thus only attempt a political
> action once a turn) Correct?

Yes.

> g) I once have red that you cannot call a vote to burn a card (like
> to burn Elysium) more than once a turn. Is this true?

The same vampire (if No Repeat Actions is in effect) cannot, since
it is a political action. But any number of (Camarilla) vampires can
attempt to call that vote in a single turn, sure.

--
L. Scott Johnson (vte...@wizards.com) VTES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.
Links to revised rulebook, rulings, errata, and DCI (tournament) rules:

0 nouveau message