Rutor's Hand

1 vue

Jesper Bøje

non lue,
19 sept. 2001, 13:46:0519/09/2001
Can a allie MAke a Ruters Hand?!?

/Jesper

LSJ

non lue,
19 sept. 2001, 14:00:0919/09/2001
"Jesper Bøje" wrote:

> Can a allie MAke a Ruters Hand?!?

No. It requires Thaumaturgy and says "put this card on the acting vampire".

An ally that can play Tha cards as a vampire could play it (and would suffer
the damage), but would not get any benefit from it, since it only benefits
vampires.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Noal McDonald

non lue,
19 sept. 2001, 17:05:2619/09/2001
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> An ally that can play Tha cards as a vampire could play it (and
> would suffer the damage), but would not get any benefit from it,
> since it only benefits vampires.

Heh. I can see it now.

Ghoul Ally: Hey Boss. That's a pretty cool thingamjig you got there.
How do I make one?

Tremere Vampire: It's easy. You cut off your hand, pluck out your eye,
perform a ritual and voila! Instant Eye Spy!

Ghoul Ally: Gee, Boss. I dunno...

Tremere Vampire: It's not that big of a deal. You can heal the damage
easy enough. Why? Do you want to try to make one?

Ghoul Ally: Well...only if it's safe.

Tremere Vampire: Well, if you're severing your hand and eye, the last
thing you should be thinking of is safety.

Ghoul Ally: True. Al right I'l give it a try...
AAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIGGHGHUURGRGHAH!!!
YEEEEEEIIIIGURRRGGHH!!!

Ghoul Ally: *sobbing* Okay, boss. I've got my eye and hand on the
table. Now what?

Tremere Vampire: Then you perform this ritual right here.

Ghoul Ally: Okay...

You put your bad hand in. You put your bad hand out. You put your bad
hand and you shake it all about. You do the hokey pokey and you turn
yourself around. That's what it's all about!

You put your bad eye in. You put your bad eye out. You put your bad
eye and you shake it all about. You do the hokey pokey and you turn
yourself around. That's what it's all about!

Hocus Pocus! Abracadabra!

*Ghoul Ally looks at the limp hand on the table and the eye that has
rolled onto the floor. He then looks at the blood that has splattered
all over the place from waving the severed hand and eye. He then looks
at Tremere Vampire, who has a bemused look on his face.*

Tremere Vampire: Now what have we learned today?

Ghoul Ally: That I'm a mortal peon that is completely unable to aspire
to your level of power in such things.

Tremere Vampire: What else?

Ghoul Ally: That I'm a gullible fool that got tricked into cutting his
hand off and his eye out for no reason whatsoever?

Tremere Vampire: Quite. Now clean this mess up.

Regards,
Noal

Barny Baker

non lue,
20 sept. 2001, 07:12:3720/09/2001
> Tremere Vampire: Now what have we learned today?
>
> Ghoul Ally: That I'm a mortal peon that is completely unable to aspire
> to your level of power in such things.
>
> Tremere Vampire: What else?
>
> Ghoul Ally: That I'm a gullible fool that got tricked into cutting his
> hand off and his eye out for no reason whatsoever?
>
> Tremere Vampire: Quite. Now clean this mess up.
>
> Regards,
> Noal

(APPLAUSE)

Sorrow

non lue,
20 sept. 2001, 07:46:5120/09/2001
> > Ghoul Ally: That I'm a gullible fool that got tricked into cutting his
> > hand off and his eye out for no reason whatsoever?
> > Tremere Vampire: Quite. Now clean this mess up.
> (APPLAUSE)

Indeed.
This was one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.
Kudos, Noal.

Sorrow
---
"I am Jack's inflamed sense of rejection."
- Narrator

Chris Berger

non lue,
21 sept. 2001, 15:38:0621/09/2001
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3BA8DD29...@white-wolf.com>...

> "Jesper Bøje" wrote:
> >
> > Can a allie MAke a Ruters Hand?!?
>
> No. It requires Thaumaturgy and says "put this card on the acting vampire".
>
> An ally that can play Tha cards as a vampire could play it (and would suffer
> the damage), but would not get any benefit from it, since it only benefits
> vampires.

Can't find the ruling now, which means it probably never existed and I
dreamt it up, but... I thought that when an ally played a card "as a
vampire" using a discipline, all references to "this vampire" referred
to the ally playing the card. If that *were* true, then Talaq could
untap with Rutor's Hand. I suppose this might make problems with
Infernal Familiar, but even that makes some sense to *me*, in that the
card would just continue to treat him as a vampire with 3 capacity.

From your answer, however, I have to guess that the ally is treated as
a vampire only as the card is leaving your hand, and then the card
forgets that the minion it's on is to be treated as a 3 capacity
vampire. Is that correct? It doesn't seem explicit from card text...

LSJ

non lue,
21 sept. 2001, 15:43:3921/09/2001
Chris Berger wrote:

> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3BA8DD29...@white-wolf.com>...
> > "Jesper Bøje" wrote:
> > >
> > > Can a allie MAke a Ruters Hand?!?
> >
> > No. It requires Thaumaturgy and says "put this card on the acting vampire".
> >
> > An ally that can play Tha cards as a vampire could play it (and would suffer
> > the damage), but would not get any benefit from it, since it only benefits
> > vampires.
>
> Can't find the ruling now, which means it probably never existed and I
> dreamt it up, but... I thought that when an ally played a card "as a
> vampire" using a discipline, all references to "this vampire" referred
> to the ally playing the card.

You dreamt it up, yep.

> If that *were* true, then Talaq could
> untap with Rutor's Hand. I suppose this might make problems with
> Infernal Familiar, but even that makes some sense to *me*, in that the
> card would just continue to treat him as a vampire with 3 capacity.

Right. But that's not how it works. He can *play* the card as a vampire,
but the card in play doesn't treat him as a vampire.

> From your answer, however, I have to guess that the ally is treated as
> a vampire only as the card is leaving your hand, and then the card
> forgets that the minion it's on is to be treated as a 3 capacity
> vampire. Is that correct? It doesn't seem explicit from card text...

Card text imparts to him an ability to play certain cards. It does not
impart any special consideration for other things, like using a card in
play.

Pat Ricochet

non lue,
21 sept. 2001, 16:50:3421/09/2001
> Can't find the ruling now, which means it probably never existed and I
> dreamt it up, but... I thought that when an ally played a card "as a
> vampire" using a discipline, all references to "this vampire" referred
> to the ally playing the card. If that *were* true, then Talaq could
> untap with Rutor's Hand. I suppose this might make problems with
> Infernal Familiar, but even that makes some sense to *me*, in that the
> card would just continue to treat him as a vampire with 3 capacity.

Egad. Don't open THAT can of worms again.

> From your answer, however, I have to guess that the ally is treated as
> a vampire only as the card is leaving your hand, and then the card
> forgets that the minion it's on is to be treated as a 3 capacity
> vampire. Is that correct? It doesn't seem explicit from card text...

Search groups.google.com on "as a vampire" and "Rutor's Hand." Lengthy
discussion of the ruling that no, Akhenaten can't effectively Ex Nihilo, and
Talaq can't Rutor's Hand.

--
Pat Ricochet
Soul Jar'rn Fool of Atlanta