Official Storyline Report: Friday 13th - EC 2009

Brum

Jan 5, 2010, 8:44:09 PM1/5/10
First I would like to apologise for the delay in this Report.
Once again, I would like to thank Ginés for the awesome Art in Claudio
Severino and for the Support. I would like to thank Ben and Eric for
being excellent scrutinizers, Pedro for the great Aftermath and my
dear Teresa for editing and webmastering.
I would also like to thank Ben and Scott for going with the idea to
make Claudio Severino into a promo minion to be released in Heirs to
the Blood. We were supposed to have that Promo in the Event as an
extra gift for the players, but the delay of HttB also delayed this.
Most of all, I would like to thank the players.
The event generated interest and every round had more players, many of
them straight from the airport.

As usual, this Storyline had special rules and these rules had been
tried on the BYOS Lisboa: 1999.
This time I decided to use other minions and that choice made it
harder for Methuselahs to be ousted, since there were more vampires
with AUS or dom/DOM.
Since many of us had just arrived in Palma de Maiorca and were playing
in a more relaxed way, that was another reason for the many time-outs
that we had in the Prelims.

Eric generated a lot of interest in the Tremere Antitribu due to his
Bounty to reward the winning player, under a certain choice of events.
There were four players playing for the Tremere Antitribu and
curiously enough, none entered the Final.

The Aftermath story was written by the winning player and depicts the
struggle between all the finalists. The winner had to choose what
would happen to Claudio Severino and in the end, Pedro's Toreador won.
The Final had standard tournament rules, without any Storyline Minion
in the table.
Pedro got one VP by ousting Dani who was very unfortunate to play with
a Legacy of Pander deck between Anneke & Anson with Guns and Paul's
Nosferatu Royalties. No votes passed and the Panders were .44 fodder.
Teresa and Mika got to grow their game (as you can see in the pictures
in Extrala's Blog), but Teresa never got to endanger Mika and Pedro
endured Mika's horde of allies and Giovanni enough to get the 1.5 VP.
Paul couldn't do much damage to Teresa's Setites due to Mummy
protection and time was called when Mika was preparing a 2 or 3 turn
sequence to oust Pedro.

In the end, the Toreador chose to protect Claudio Severino, keep
secret the existence of Saulot and the release of Tremere. By
protecting and silencing Claudio Severino, the Toreador helped conceal
a plot by Tremere himself to control both sects, unknown to them.
In exchange, the Tremere dropped the secret feud they had with Anneke
that caused her early removal from Justicar in the 19th century, thus
making her eligible again for the future. Too bad for her Gehenna came
a few months later.

http://sites.google.com/site/friday13storyline/home/aftermath

Winner: Pedro Luís
Clan: Toreador
Key Minions: Masika and Anneke

Vampire (12) [Min: 32 Max: 40 Avg: 9,00]
2 Anneke dom AUS CEL PRE 10 Camarilla Toreador
Justicar
3 Anson aus dom CEL PRE 8 Camarilla Prince of
Seattle
1 François Villon chi obf pot AUS CEL PRE 10 Camarilla Prince of
Paris
3 Marcellus pro AUS CEL 8 Camarilla Prince of
Monaco
3 Masika AUS CEL PRE 10 Camarilla primogen

Master (19)
2 Art Museum Toreador
4 Blood Doll
1 Direct Intervention
2 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Elder Library
1 Giant's Blood
2 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
4 Minion Tap
2 Rack, The

Action (1)
1 Aranthebes, The Immortal

Equipment (8)
6 .44 Magnum
1 Bowl of Convergence
1 Heart of Nizchetus

Retainer (1)
1 J. S. Simmons, Esq.

Political Action (2)
1 Ancient Influence
1 Political Stranglehold

Action Modifier (1)
1 Enkil Cog

Reaction (20)
3 My Enemy's Enemy Auspex
2 Quicken Sight Auspex & Celerity
9 Second Tradition: Domain
6 Telepathic Misdirection Auspex

Combat (38)
6 Blur Celerity
6 Concealed Weapon
1 Fast Hands Celerity
7 Flash Celerity
3 Preternatural Evasion Celerity
6 Psyche! Celerity
4 Pursuit Celerity
5 Taste of Vitae

It was pleasure to work on this project and to know everybody that
help us.
I don't call it finished, because there are still some loose ends and
rewards to the victors of that Friday 13th of 2004.

(to be continued)

Tiago Brum

Joscha

Jan 6, 2010, 4:21:16 AM1/6/10
On 6 Jan., 02:44, Brum <tiago.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Most of all, I would like to thank the players.

And a big thank you to you, Brum, for organizing this nice event. It
was fun and I'm especially grateful that you let me join in after the
first round after the huge delay of my flight from Frankfurt :o). I
enjoyed the games very much and appreciated the good mood and relaxed
games with the other players. Cheers!