Announcement: Swedish Nationals and Draft Nationals

1 view

Forhead

Aug 9, 2009, 8:15:03 PM8/9/09
Swedish Nationals
Date: September 12th, 2009
Loaction: ABF Örebro, Drottninggatan 38, 702 22 ÖREBRO
11:00 – ca 21:00
Fee: 50 SEK
Standard constructed, 3 rounds + final
Organizers: Alex Ek och Isak Bjärmark Esbjörnsson (isak_esbjornsson
(att] breband dott com)

Swedish Draft Nationals
Date: September 13th, 2009
Loaction: ABF Örebro, Drottninggatan 38, 702 22 ÖREBRO
11:00 – ca 21:00
Fee: 200 SEK
Probaly KoT draft, 2 rounds + final
Organizers: Alex Ek och Isak Bjärmark Esbjörnsson (isak_esbjornsson
(att] breband dott com)

This is the first ever Swedish National championships and it would be
awesome if we could get as many as possible to get to Örebro play some
Vtes with us. We would very much like to see as many swedish players
as possible, both from Göteborg and Stockholm, just few ours drive.
But it would be even cooler if some Finns and Norwegians would show
up. And maybe Germans and Danes too?

Local players can host some visitors, just let me know and I'll see
what can be done.

Please, if able, let us know if you're can come.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orebro

Nikolaj "Lord of the Betrayers" Wendt

Aug 10, 2009, 10:07:38 AM8/10/09

I can try and talk to some of the Danes in Copenhagen and see if any
would be interested. Do you have any ideas for cheap lodging? I am
sure some of them will ask, as it is a six hour drive and probably has
to be a friday-sunday (maybe monday) trip. Also, if some people arrive
friday, do you think it would be possible to get a few games going
then?

Forhead

Aug 10, 2009, 3:52:23 PM8/10/09
Awesome if you'd manage to get up here !

There shouldn't be any problems hosting you from friday to monday and
there will be games friday evening too.

I just now realized that my e-mail is incorrect, the correct one is
(isak_esbjornsson
(att] bredband dott net)

Isak Bjärmark Esbjörnsson
Prince of Örebro

_angst_

Aug 11, 2009, 8:52:48 AM8/11/09
Please note that Örebro is served by airport shuttles from Skavsta
Airport, the Ryan Air hub. This means you can get a cheap flights
there from such areas as:

Birmingham
Liverpool
London

Marseille
Paris
Toulon

Berlin
Bremen
Düsseldorf
Frankfurt-Hahn
Hamburg-Lübeck
Karlsruhe-Baden
Memmingen

Brussles

Krakow
Wroclaw

Bratislava

Prague

Alicante
Girona (Barcelona)
Palma (Mallorca)

Milano
Rome

(some of these flights might be seasonal though but most aren't)

I would especially love to see some of my friends from Germany,
France, The UK and Spain in attendance.

Kind regards
Alex Ek
Swedish NC

_angst_

Sep 4, 2009, 10:31:30 AM9/4/09
On 10 Aug, 02:15, Forhead <isak_esbjorns...@bredband.net> wrote:
> SwedishNationals
> Date: September 12th, 2009
> Loaction: ABF Örebro, Drottninggatan 38, 702 22 ÖREBRO
> 11:00 – ca 21:00
> Fee: 50 SEK
> Standard constructed, 3 rounds + final
> Organizers: Alex Ek och Isak Bjärmark Esbjörnsson (isak_esbjornsson
> (att] breband dott com)
>
> SwedishDraft Nationals

> Date: September 13th, 2009
> Loaction: ABF Örebro, Drottninggatan 38, 702 22 ÖREBRO
> 11:00 – ca 21:00
> Fee: 200 SEK
> Probaly KoT draft, 2 rounds + final
> Organizers: Alex Ek och Isak Bjärmark Esbjörnsson (isak_esbjornsson
> (att] breband dott com)
>
> This is the first everSwedishNational championships and it would be

> awesome if we could get as many as possible to get to Örebro play some
> Vtes with us. We would very much like to see as manyswedishplayers
> as possible, both from Göteborg and Stockholm, just few ours drive.
> But it would be even cooler if some Finns and Norwegians would show
> up. And maybe Germans and Danes too?
>
> Local players can host some visitors, just let me know and I'll see
> what can be done.
>
> Please, if able, let us know if you're can come.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orebro

Time for one last BUMP.

a-e

Sep 15, 2009, 2:53:58 PM9/15/09
Any report available from this? I heard that first national champion
of Sweden wasn't Swedish at all...

_angst_

Sep 15, 2009, 6:16:59 PM9/15/09
On Sep 15, 8:53 pm, a-e <antero.elek...@substanssi.net> wrote:
> Any report available from this? I heard that first national champion
> of Sweden wasn't Swedish at all...

Yes, he was part of Team Finland, and it only cost them a car and a
pretty decent hangover ;)

Report is up btw.

//Alex - Swedish NC