Grupy dyskusyjne Google nie obsługują już nowych postów ani subskrypcji z Usenetu. Treści historyczne nadal będą dostępne.

LSJ: Faceless night

38 wyświetleń

take...@my-deja.com

nieprzeczytany,
11 sie 2000, 03:00:0011.08.2000
do
Can you clarifiy the stuff about faceless night and deflection?
Two many versions.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

LSJ

nieprzeczytany,
14 sie 2000, 03:00:0014.08.2000
do
take...@my-deja.com wrote:
> Can you clarifiy the stuff about faceless night and deflection?
> Two many versions.

Sure. What stuff?
A vampire whose block is thwarted by superior FN can still play
reaction cards (like Enhanced Senses or Deleflection).
Anything else?

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Ramsteiner

nieprzeczytany,
14 sie 2000, 03:00:0014.08.2000
do
In article <8n8qkf$qtg$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
So what you are saying is a minion who attempts to block and fails is
not tapped if a superior Faceless Night had been played until the
action is concluded?

The card seems to allude to an untapped minion who attempts to block is
tapped once the block attempt fails or succeeds. Thus denying the
attempting blocker the recourse of playing any other reaction cards
(i.e. Deflection/Telepathic Misdirection/etc.) if the attempt failed,
unless they had a WwEF or FA.
Now if the minion who attempts to block is already tapped and plays a
WwEF/FA, is not really affected by the Faceless Night superior effect
of tapping if the block attempt fails or not as they already are tapped
and could play other reaction cards (i.e. Deflection/Telepathic
Misdirection/etc.).

Michael Eichler
Prince of Ramstein

--
Worry comes from the belief you are powerless.
(So get in there and kick some butt!)

hamd...@my-deja.com

LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> take...@my-deja.com wrote:
> > Can you clarifiy the stuff about faceless night and deflection?
> > Two many versions.
>
> Sure. What stuff?
> A vampire whose block is thwarted by superior FN can still play
> reaction cards (like Enhanced Senses or Deleflection).
> Anything else?

Does the superior of FN cancel out the superior of Deflection - ie do
you tap the vampire after playing the card?

Might have come up in a few posts lately, but I must have missed them.

DH

LSJ

nieprzeczytany,
14 sie 2000, 03:00:0014.08.2000
do
Ramsteiner <ramst...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > take...@my-deja.com wrote:
> > > Can you clarifiy the stuff about faceless night and deflection?
> > > Two many versions.
> >
> > Sure. What stuff?
> > A vampire whose block is thwarted by superior FN can still play
> > reaction cards (like Enhanced Senses or Deleflection).
> > Anything else?
> >
> So what you are saying is a minion who attempts to block and fails is
> not tapped if a superior Faceless Night had been played until the
> action is concluded?

No, he'd be tapped as soon as he played Deflection, since playing
Deflection implies that the Methuselah is not blocking.

> The card seems to allude to an untapped minion who attempts to block
is
> tapped once the block attempt fails or succeeds.

Not the attempt - he won't be tapped until his controller decides to
make no more attempts (or the action resolves).

> Now if the minion who attempts to block is already tapped and plays a
> WwEF/FA, is not really affected by the Faceless Night superior effect
> of tapping if the block attempt fails or not as they already are
> tapped and could play other reaction cards (i.e. Deflection/Telepathic
> Misdirection/etc.).

Correct.

--

hamd...@my-deja.com wrote:
> Does the superior of FN cancel out the superior of Deflection - ie do
> you tap the vampire after playing the card?

Faceless Night will tap him after he plays Deflection, yes.

Ramsteiner

nieprzeczytany,
14 sie 2000, 03:00:0014.08.2000
do
In article <8n8vnb$uki$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Ramsteiner <ramst...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> > LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Sure. What stuff?
> > > A vampire whose block is thwarted by superior FN can still play
> > > reaction cards (like Enhanced Senses or Deleflection).
> > > Anything else?
> > >
> > So what you are saying is a minion who attempts to block and fails
is
> > not tapped if a superior Faceless Night had been played until the
> > action is concluded?
>
> No, he'd be tapped as soon as he played Deflection, since playing
> Deflection implies that the Methuselah is not blocking.
>
> > The card seems to allude to an untapped minion who attempts to block
> is
> > tapped once the block attempt fails or succeeds.
>
> Not the attempt - he won't be tapped until his controller decides to
> make no more attempts (or the action resolves).

I am not sure I understand... If Minion 1 comes to bleed and Minion 2
declares a block attempt with an Untapped minion (who still remains
untapped), Minion 1 can not play stealth to continue the action. If
Minion 1 plays Faceless Night at superior thereby getting around Minion
2's block attempt. At this point, is Minion 2 still untapped and able
to play additional reaction cards (i.e. Deflection, Telepathic Counter,
Telepathic Misdirection) or is Minion 2 tapped and if it still wants to
play additional reaction cards must use a WwEF or FA to play them?

Michael Eichler
Prince of Ramstein

--

In article <8n8vpk$ut2$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> hamd...@my-deja.com wrote:
> > Does the superior of FN cancel out the superior of Deflection - ie
do
> > you tap the vampire after playing the card?
>
> Faceless Night will tap him after he plays Deflection, yes.

What about Cats Guidance after a FN (assuming a succesful block)?

DH

LSJ

nieprzeczytany,
14 sie 2000, 03:00:0014.08.2000
do
Ramsteiner wrote:
> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > Ramsteiner <ramst...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> > > So what you are saying is a minion who attempts to block and fails is

> > > not tapped if a superior Faceless Night had been played until the
> > > action is concluded?

> > No, he'd be tapped as soon as he played Deflection, since playing
> > Deflection implies that the Methuselah is not blocking.

> > > The card seems to allude to an untapped minion who attempts to block is
> > > tapped once the block attempt fails or succeeds.

> > Not the attempt - he won't be tapped until his controller decides to
> > make no more attempts (or the action resolves).

> I am not sure I understand... If Minion 1 comes to bleed and Minion 2
> declares a block attempt with an Untapped minion (who still remains
> untapped), Minion 1 can not play stealth to continue the action. If

?
Minion 1 can play stealth to attempt to avoid the block.

> Minion 1 plays Faceless Night at superior thereby getting around Minion
> 2's block attempt. At this point, is Minion 2 still untapped and able
> to play additional reaction cards (i.e. Deflection, Telepathic Counter,
> Telepathic Misdirection) or is Minion 2 tapped and if it still wants to
> play additional reaction cards must use a WwEF or FA to play them?

Minion 2 is untapped an can play reaction cards - notably intercept-gaining
reaction cards (which would not be playable if he was tapped), and also
other reaction cards, like Deflection, et al.

Again, Faceless Night taps the "victim" block-attempter when the action
resolves or when the acting Methuselah declines to make any further block
attempts (whichever comes first).

James Hamblin

nieprzeczytany,
14 sie 2000, 03:00:0014.08.2000
do

LSJ wrote:

> > Minion 1 plays Faceless Night at superior thereby getting around Minion
> > 2's block attempt. At this point, is Minion 2 still untapped and able
> > to play additional reaction cards (i.e. Deflection, Telepathic Counter,
> > Telepathic Misdirection) or is Minion 2 tapped and if it still wants to
> > play additional reaction cards must use a WwEF or FA to play them?
>
> Minion 2 is untapped an can play reaction cards - notably intercept-gaining
> reaction cards (which would not be playable if he was tapped), and also
> other reaction cards, like Deflection, et al.
>
> Again, Faceless Night taps the "victim" block-attempter when the action
> resolves or when the acting Methuselah declines to make any further block
> attempts (whichever comes first).

There's one point I'm confused about here: you said earlier that playing
Deflection "implies" that the deflecting Meth. is not blocking. Does
that mean that if the bleed got (somehow) bounced back to the original
Methuselah, that Meth. can no longer attempt to block?

James
--
James Hamblin
ham...@math.wisc.edu

"I am falling like a stone, like a storm,
being born again into the morning fog."
-- Kate Bush

LSJ

nieprzeczytany,
14 sie 2000, 03:00:0014.08.2000
do
hamd...@my-deja.com wrote:
> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > hamd...@my-deja.com wrote:
> > > Does the superior of FN cancel out the superior of Deflection - ie do
> > > you tap the vampire after playing the card?
> > Faceless Night will tap him after he plays Deflection, yes.
> What about Cats Guidance after a FN (assuming a succesful block)?

It will untap him, per card text.

LSJ

nieprzeczytany,
14 sie 2000, 03:00:0014.08.2000
do
James Hamblin wrote:
> There's one point I'm confused about here: you said earlier that playing
> Deflection "implies" that the deflecting Meth. is not blocking. Does
> that mean that if the bleed got (somehow) bounced back to the original
> Methuselah, that Meth. can no longer attempt to block?

No, since Deflection (and other change-the-target-of-this-action effects)
generates a new "choose blockers" phase, which renders all old "I don't
block" declarations null and void. [RTR 30-JUN-1997]

For instance, if Meth A's minion bled Meth B and Meth B declined to block
and Meth C (with Anneke ready and untapped) declined to block, Anneke
could still block after the bleed is deflected to C.

James Hamblin

nieprzeczytany,
15 sie 2000, 02:26:1915.08.2000
do

LSJ wrote:

> James Hamblin wrote:
> > There's one point I'm confused about here: you said earlier that playing
> > Deflection "implies" that the deflecting Meth. is not blocking. Does
> > that mean that if the bleed got (somehow) bounced back to the original
> > Methuselah, that Meth. can no longer attempt to block?
>
> No, since Deflection (and other change-the-target-of-this-action effects)
> generates a new "choose blockers" phase, which renders all old "I don't
> block" declarations null and void. [RTR 30-JUN-1997]

One last situation:

Agrippina (controlled by Meth A) bleeds Meth B.
Zebulon (controlled by Meth B) attempts to block.
Agrippina plays Faceless Night at superior.
Zebulon is not tapped yet, since he's still trying to block.
Zebulon plays Deflection (to make Agrippina bleed Meth C). Since this
is an implicit "I don't block" declaration, Zebulon is tapped.
Somehow (details not important) Agrippina is once again bleeding Meth
B. Zebulon could not play (for example) Redirection, since he is
tapped. However, another untapped minion could attempt to block
Agrippina, or once again Deflect her.

Correct?

--
James Hamblin
ham...@math.wisc.edu

"And I'm ashamed of running away / from nothing real."
-- Kate Bush

LSJ

nieprzeczytany,
15 sie 2000, 03:00:0015.08.2000
do
James Hamblin wrote:
> Agrippina (controlled by Meth A) bleeds Meth B.
> Zebulon (controlled by Meth B) attempts to block.
> Agrippina plays Faceless Night at superior.
> Zebulon is not tapped yet, since he's still trying to block.
> Zebulon plays Deflection (to make Agrippina bleed Meth C). Since this
> is an implicit "I don't block" declaration, Zebulon is tapped.
> Somehow (details not important) Agrippina is once again bleeding Meth
> B. Zebulon could not play (for example) Redirection, since he is
> tapped. However, another untapped minion could attempt to block
> Agrippina, or once again Deflect her.

Correct.

Nowe wiadomości: 0