VEKN Tournament Rules 2009? (LSJ/Oscar)

extrala

Dec 26, 2008, 1:24:36 PM12/26/08
Since the end of 2008 is less than week away, I would like to know if
there are any changes in the VEKN tournament rules for 2009.

Putting the link to the current VEKN tournament rules (http://
www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=veknRules) in the sidebar of
the official VtES Website ("http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes") instead
on the subpage of event information (http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
index.php?line=events) would also help to find the tournament rules
better. The link to the rating system deserved a link on the sidebar,
why not the VEKN tournament rules?

Regards, Ralf
====================
http://extrala.blogspot.com

Tetragrammaton

Dec 27, 2008, 9:53:00 PM12/27/08

Me too, i wonder if we'll get news about this in time

best

Emiliano, NC Italy
www.italybynight.org

librarian

Dec 29, 2008, 11:59:59 AM12/29/08

If you mean in time for the Jan 1st announcement, that still has 3 days
left. If you mean a pre-announcement announcement of rules changes, I'm
just wondering how pre-pre-pre-pre you need the announcements? For
instance, maybe LSJ could announce on Jan 1 2009 that there will be
rules tweaks announced on Jan 1 2010?

In regards to the web page design, I think everyone, even probably the
WW/CCP employee responsible for the web content would agree that the
VTES page needs a tune-up, if not a complete overhaul. But that might
require time and money, and it works "o.k." now, so why fix what isn't
terribly broke?

best -

chris

OrgPlay

Dec 29, 2008, 12:34:32 PM12/29/08
On Dec 26, 1:24 pm, extrala <ralf.lamm...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Since the end of 2008 is less than week away, I would like to know if
> there are any changes in the VEKN tournament rules for 2009.
>
> Putting the link to the current VEKN tournament rules (http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=veknRules) in the sidebar of

> the official VtES Website ("http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes") instead
> on the subpage of event information (http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
> index.php?line=events) would also help to find the tournament rules
> better. The link to the rating system deserved a link on the sidebar,
> why not the VEKN tournament rules?
>
> Regards, Ralf
> ====================http://extrala.blogspot.com

A rules update is in the queue for posting as close to the 1st as
possible. Most of our staff is on vacation till the 5th, however.

Oscar J Garza III
Organized Play Coordinator
CCP|White Wolf

extrala

Dec 29, 2008, 12:56:04 PM12/29/08
On Dec 29, 5:59 pm, librarian <aucti...@superfuncards.com> wrote:
> ... <snip>

> If you mean in time for the Jan 1st announcement, that still has 3 days
> left.  If you mean a pre-announcement announcement of rules changes, I'm
> just wondering how pre-pre-pre-pre you need the announcements?  For
> instance, maybe LSJ could announce on Jan 1 2009 that there will be
> rules tweaks announced on Jan 1 2010?

The past changes to the tournament rules were posted approx. 4 weeks
before the end of the year:
Tournament Rules For -- Posted in the Newsgroup
2008 -- Dec 4th, 2007
2007 -- Dec 1st, 2006
2006 -- ???
2005 -- Dec, 4th, 2004

I find these 4 weeks a resonable timeframe for players, organizers and
VEKN to adjust to the new tournament rules. This year the announcement
of the new VEKN tournament rules are little late, considering that
there are tournaments in the WW event calendar for Jan 2nd, 3rd and
4th and Oscar's announcement that most of the WW staff will be back at
Jan 5th.

Regards, Ralf
======================
http://extrala.blogspot.com

James Coupe

Dec 29, 2008, 12:47:54 PM12/29/08
In message <56c8a31a-bcf8-4a0b...@f40g2000pri.googlegroup

s.com>, OrgPlay <org...@white-wolf.com> writes:
>A rules update is in the queue for posting as close to the 1st as
>possible. Most of our staff is on vacation till the 5th, however.

If this is intended to go into effect on the 1st, is there a reason we
haven't been given the changes in advance? That's happened with other
recent changes.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

LSJ

Dec 29, 2008, 1:44:19 PM12/29/08
James Coupe wrote:
> In message <56c8a31a-bcf8-4a0b...@f40g2000pri.googlegroup
> s.com>, OrgPlay <org...@white-wolf.com> writes:
>> A rules update is in the queue for posting as close to the 1st as
>> possible. Most of our staff is on vacation till the 5th, however.
>
> If this is intended to go into effect on the 1st, is there a reason we
> haven't been given the changes in advance? That's happened with other
> recent changes.

Because the changes, or rather, the change, is not significant.

Changes from the 2008 rules:

2.9 Ousted players are not eligible to serve as judges at their tables in a
multi-judge event.

That is all.

Salem

Dec 29, 2008, 6:40:32 PM12/29/08

oh whatthehell that completely changes the way my tournament will run i
am quuitting this game it;s stupid i hate everything whaa whaa whaa.

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'gmail' to email)

librarian

Dec 30, 2008, 12:03:02 PM12/30/08

You are finally figuring out this Intraweb thingie...

best -

chris

:-)

Blooded Sand

Dec 30, 2008, 3:11:25 PM12/30/08
On Dec 30, 6:03 pm, librarian <aucti...@superfuncards.com> wrote:
> Salem wrote:
> > LSJ wrote:

> >> Because the changes, or rather, the change, is not significant.
>
> >> Changes from the 2008 rules:
>
> >> 2.9 Ousted players are not eligible to serve as judges at their tables
> >> in a multi-judge event.
>
> >> That is all.
>
> > oh whatthehell that completely changes the way my tournament will run i
> > am quuitting this game it;s stupid i hate everything whaa whaa whaa.
>
> You are finally figuring out this Intraweb thingie...
>
> best -
>
> chris
>
> :-)

Now, slowly heat your oil until sizzling. Evenly pour the kernels in.
Wait until the sound declines to almost nothing. Salt, or sugar, as
you prefer.

Popcorn!

Powerlord

Jan 7, 2009, 5:51:54 AM1/7/09
On 29 Dez 2008, 18:44, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> James Coupe wrote:
> > In message <56c8a31a-bcf8-4a0b-89c6-d257b2b3e...@f40g2000pri.googlegroup

> > s.com>, OrgPlay <orgp...@white-wolf.com> writes:
> >> A rules update is in the queue for posting as close to the 1st as
> >> possible. Most of our staff is on vacation till the 5th, however.
>
> > If this is intended to go into effect on the 1st, is there a reason we
> > haven't been given the changes in advance?  That's happened with other
> > recent changes.
>
> Because the changes, or rather, the change, is not significant.
>
> Changes from the 2008 rules:
>
> 2.9 Ousted players are not eligible to serve as judges at their tables in a
> multi-judge event.
>
> That is all.

Should't the "V:TES Official Clarifications, Rulings, and Errata" be
updated?

For example, related with Dragos and Terror frenzy, it still states
that:

{Dragos:
If Dragos's opponent plays superior Terror Frenzy, Dragos has to burn
one blood for each combat card he plays in that combat. [LSJ
19990223] }

And since

{Terror Frenzy:
Superior Terror Frenzy affects card costs. [LSJ 20070829] }

Dragos no longer (again) has to pay the combat cards cost or
additional card costs...

thanks
Prince of Lisbon

LSJ

Jan 7, 2009, 8:52:37 AM1/7/09

I'm not sure how that relates to the quoted text or to this thread, but yes.

I'll remove the obsolete ruling above. Let me know if you find any other
obsolete rulings there.