Some Questions

2 vues

John B. Whelan

non lue,
10 août 2001, 21:23:0610/08/2001
- If a vampire has 2 corpse minions, and he burns x blood for
intercept does he get +2x intercept (+1x for each corpse minion) or
does the extra corpse minion merely redundantly grant the ability to
burn x blood for +x intercept.

- Can Mask of 1K Faces be used in combination with a single superior
Blackmail (or similar effect like Blood Bond or Incriminating
Videotape) to get multiple minions past a blocker? For instance, one
minion has a blackmail in play on Raven. He bleeds, Raven cannot
block. After the opportunity for blocking is past, a second minion
takes over the bleed with Mask of 1kF. Raven still cannot block
(right?) because of the timing. The blackmailer bleeds again (repeat
as desired).

- Conversely, what happens if Raven attempts to block another minion,
and the action is masked to the blackmailer? Is the block attempt
then canceled? Or does it continue because it was legal when
attempted? Suppose the Mask is done after the block succeeds?

-- John Whelan

James Coupe

non lue,
10 août 2001, 21:42:3310/08/2001
In message <c15d3ba3.01081...@posting.google.com>, John B.
Whelan <Nys...@cs.com> writes

>- If a vampire has 2 corpse minions, and he burns x blood for
>intercept does he get +2x intercept

No. Each one is a separate effect.

You burn one blood to one (resolve all that). Then you burn one blood
to the other (resolve all that).

>- Can Mask of 1K Faces be used in combination with a single superior
>Blackmail (or similar effect like Blood Bond or Incriminating
>Videotape) to get multiple minions past a blocker? For instance, one
>minion has a blackmail in play on Raven. He bleeds, Raven cannot
>block. After the opportunity for blocking is past, a second minion
>takes over the bleed with Mask of 1kF. Raven still cannot block
>(right?) because of the timing. The blackmailer bleeds again (repeat
>as desired).

Sure, perfectly legal.

>- Conversely, what happens if Raven attempts to block another minion,
>and the action is masked to the blackmailer? Is the block attempt
>then canceled?

It's cancelled, because they can't block.

>Or does it continue because it was legal when
>attempted?

No, attempting to block is an ongoing process. Making a minion
ineligible to continue their blocking attempt is part of that process.
(e.g. Elder Impersonation)

>Suppose the Mask is done after the block succeeds?

Here it's more tricky. Since the action has been declared blocked,
however, I'd most likely rule that the phase for blocking and all
effects limiting who may/may not block has passed.

--
James Coupe PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D
EBD690ECD7A1F

LSJ

non lue,
11 août 2001, 08:27:0011/08/2001
James Coupe wrote:
> John B. Whelan <Nys...@cs.com> writes:
> >- If a vampire has 2 corpse minions, and he burns x blood for
> >intercept does he get +2x intercept
>
> No. Each one is a separate effect.
>
> You burn one blood to one (resolve all that). Then you burn one blood
> to the other (resolve all that).

Correct.

> >- Can Mask of 1K Faces be used in combination with a single superior
> >Blackmail (or similar effect like Blood Bond or Incriminating
> >Videotape) to get multiple minions past a blocker? For instance, one
> >minion has a blackmail in play on Raven. He bleeds, Raven cannot
> >block. After the opportunity for blocking is past, a second minion
> >takes over the bleed with Mask of 1kF. Raven still cannot block
> >(right?) because of the timing. The blackmailer bleeds again (repeat
> >as desired).
>
> Sure, perfectly legal.

Correct.

> >- Conversely, what happens if Raven attempts to block another minion,
> >and the action is masked to the blackmailer? Is the block attempt
> >then canceled?
>
> It's cancelled, because they can't block.

Correct.

> >Suppose the Mask is done after the block succeeds?
>
> Here it's more tricky. Since the action has been declared blocked,
> however, I'd most likely rule that the phase for blocking and all
> effects limiting who may/may not block has passed.

Correct - like playing Mask with Lucretia after the block has succeeded -
the additional stealth won't cause the block to become undone.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message