NEW YORK QUALIFIER ON SATURDAY AUGUST 28TH!!!

adam....@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2010, 5:09:57 PM8/9/10
NEW YORK QUALIFIER ON SATURDAY AUGUST 28TH!!!

Hi everyone! It's that time of year again! Us New Yorkers have decided
to put the word out and see who would like to come and take us on in
some good ole' VTES!
It would be great to see everyone and see what interesting decks
everyone can come up with. There of course will be promos and prize
support!

DATE: Saturday, August 28th

The Location is going to be at:

Cranberry Cafe
115 West 45th Street
New York, NY 10036-4005

This is a great place to play! The owners gave me a great deal of
renting the room, with the understanding that you guys will be eating
food there anyway. The food is good and you are there for 8+ hours so
I figured that is a pretty safe bet. :)

Cost: $15
3 Rounds + Final
Time: 2 hours each round
Start Time: 12:00 noon

So I hope to see you guys that Saturday and good luck!

Adam Hulse
Baron of New York
347-248-4363

adam....@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2010, 11:22:36 PM8/15/10
On Aug 9, 5:09 pm, "adam.hu...@gmail.com" <adam.hu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Bump.

adam....@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2010, 1:08:53 PM8/24/10
On Aug 15, 11:22 pm, "adam.hu...@gmail.com" <adam.hu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Well, haven't heard that much from people so I'm going to bump this
one again.
Hope to see you guys this Saturday!

Peter D Bakija

Aug 24, 2010, 5:20:29 PM8/24/10
On Aug 24, 1:08 pm, "adam.hu...@gmail.com" <adam.hu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well, haven't heard that much from people so I'm going to bump this
> one again.
> Hope to see you guys this Saturday!

Just so y'all aren't waiting for us, Team Ithaca isn't going to be
making it to this one--we had previously established another (non VTES
related) gaming event on the 28th before we knew that the Qualifier
was going on, and people are coming from out of town, so we couldn't
really change the date. We are sad to be missing it. Hopefully we'll
make it to the next one.

-Peter

OldFan

Aug 29, 2010, 4:00:09 PM8/29/10
So, any tourney reports for NYC from yesterday? Inquiring minds that
couldn't attend want to know!

wrote:
> On Aug 15, 11:22 pm, "adam.hu...@gmail.com" <adam.hu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 9, 5:09 pm, "adam.hu...@gmail.com" <adam.hu...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > > NEW YORK QUALIFIER ON SATURDAY AUGUST 28TH!!!
>
> > > Hi everyone! It's that time of year again! Us New Yorkers have decided
> > > to put the word out and see who would like to come and take us on in
> > > some good ole' VTES!
> > > It would be great to see everyone and see what interesting decks
> > > everyone can come up with. There of course will be promos and prize
> > > support!
>
> > > DATE: Saturday, August 28th

> Well, haven't heard that much from people so I'm going to bump this

adam....@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2010, 12:00:13 PM9/1/10

Tournament Report upcoming. Work has kicked in a little.

OldFan

Sep 1, 2010, 11:53:49 PM9/1/10
On Sep 1, 12:00 pm, "adam.hu...@gmail.com" <adam.hu...@gmail.com>

wrote:
> On Aug 29, 4:00 pm, OldFan <asif.i.chaud...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > So, any tourney reports for NYC from yesterday?  Inquiring minds that
> > couldn't attend want to know!
>
> > On Aug 24, 1:08 pm, "adam.hu...@gmail.com" <adam.hu...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > Well, haven't heard that much from people so I'm going to bump this
> > > one again.
> > > Hope to see you guys this Saturday!
>
> Tournament Report upcoming. Work has kicked in a little.

Sweet! Can't wait!

adam....@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2010, 11:23:38 AM9/2/10
On Aug 9, 5:09 pm, "adam.hu...@gmail.com" <adam.hu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Here is the Tournament Report, curtesy of John Whelan and myself.

So we had 10 players at our NY Qualifier. And it was brutal! There
were some serious no-nonsense decks being played... as well as a few
surprises.

They were impersonating the following mortals:

Sonam Adinolf, with G2-3 Ventrue.
Kym Alishahi, with G2-3 Tzimisce sticking out their fiendish tongues.
Peter Kapsalis, with Kiasyd/Giovanni
Gary Kwan, with G4 Brujah.
Ethan Levi, with Anson & Personal Involvement.
Jason Schneiderman, using G2-3 !Toreador with Vicissitude.
Cory Siegel, with rapid-healing !Ventrue dawn-treaders.
Shawn Stanley, with !Tremere & Nephandi
Selen Turkay, with G3-4 weenie dementation speed-bleed.
John Whelan, with Enkidu & 1-caps.

6 games were played in the 3 preliminary rounds. None of the games
went to time, and each was won by a different methuselah. The 6 games
were as follows:

ROUND 1, TABLE 1: Sonam-> John-> Kym-> Cory-> Selen. John quickly
Pentexed Sonam’s first Ventrue, causing Sonam to die a quick death to
Selen’s weenie dementation nightmare. By this time, Enkidu was in
play, and immediately backrushed and destroyed 2 of Selen’s most
dangerous minion (those with DEM), while retaining enough intercept
(via Raven Spies) to hold off (and ultimately destroy) the remainder.
Selen, while drawing a crypt of inferior dem and drew no Dem master
cards,
soon fell victim to Cory’s two !Ventrue. Cory was the next to
go, ousted by fiendish Tzimisce tongues, a victim less of Enkidu’s
backwards action than his lack of forward pressure. Then it was a
race to see if Enkidu could burn or torporize Kym’s Tzimisces faster
than they could lick his pool away, while surviving Tzimisce agg poke
and Breath of the Dragon. John was at 4 pool when the last Tzimisce
went down, enabling Enkidu and his weenies to slowly bleed Kym out.
GW to John via “salmon rush”. Score: 0,2,1,1,1.

ROUND 1, TABLE 2: Ethan-> Shawn-> Gary-> Peter-> Jason. This was an
interesting game where a single anarch revolt stayed in play from the
beginning of the game. No one went anarch as far as I remember, each
player just focusing on killing their prey. Ethan managed to kill
Shawn and Gary while Peter's Kiasyd overwhelmed Jason's Tori Anti. In
the end Ethan had too much pool and snuck a killing KRC using the
infamous Alacity stealth. GW goes to Ethan. Score: 4,0,0,1,0.

ROUND 2, TABLE 1: Jason-> Sonam-> Shawn-> Peter-> Kym. This game
came down to the final minutes. Peter killed Kym with little trouble
after Kym weakened Jason considerably. (inspection after the game
showed that most of Kym's reactions were at the bottom of the deck, so
Jason got to deal with all that S&B in the spirit of "cycling".) Sonam
killed Shawn when shawn ran out of deflections. In the end, with a
couple minutes left, Sonam took a plethora of actions looking for
something to save him. Peter's turn consisted of a Govern - Threats
with one stealth that ended the game. GW to Peter. Score: 0,1,0,3,1.

ROUND 2, TABLE 2: Gary-> Ethan-> Selen-> John-> Cory. By the time
Enkidu entered play, Selen’s dementation weenies had reduced John to 1
pool. Gary golconda’d Enkidu (who had not taken a single action), but
the extra pool was only a slight speed-bump for Selen, who burned
through it in one round. Ethan’s Personal Involvements were too slow
for Selen’s pool-gain, and Selen proceeded to sweep the rest of the
table. GW to Selen. Score: 0,0,5,0,0.

ROUND 3, TABLE 1: Peter-> Selen-> Shawn-> Ethan-> Sonam. This time
Peter was deflection/untap light and fell to Sonam's bleeds. Shawn
actually did a phenomeonal job of withstanding Selen's bleeds... just
enough for Sonam to run around the table. Then poor Ethan was sitting
there with excess useless deflections that led to his demise. GW to
Sonam. Score: 0,0,0,0,5.

ROUND 3, TABLE 2: Cory-> Kym-> John-> Gary-> Jason. Perhaps due to
John’s agg poke worries from Kym, Enkidu went forward on Gary’s
large-cap Brujah. Gary was cooperative enough to bring out a second
minion, ultimately enabling John to oust him via miserable bleeds for
1. Enkidu then started rushing backwards, with some success, but this
time Kym won the race to lap John’s pool away with fiendish tongues (a
Living Manse helped), and John was the next methuselah to fall. Kym
was the next to fall to Cory’s dawn-treaders. It looked as though
this game was going to go to time with a game win for nobody.
However, with literally seconds to spare, Cory ousted Jason with an
unblockable bleed. GW to Cory. Score: 3,1,1,0,0.

The top 5, based on preliminary standings were Selen, Sonam, Peter,
Cory, and Ethan. Cory, however, had to dropped out due to work before
the final round, leaving John to take the fifth seat.

FINAL ROUND: Ethan Levi-> Peter -> Selen-> John-> Sonam. Applying
the
lessons learned from her first two games, Selen placed herself
directly behind John’s Enkidu deck. She lost one of her first minions
to an Archon Investigation, but it barely slowed her down. Once
again, Enkidu managed to enter play, but never got to take any
actions, and John was the first ousted after 14 minutes. Selen
proceeded to sweep. It was a short final. Score: 0,0,5,0,0.

Rank Name gw, vp, tp, final vp
1 Selen Turkay 1, 6, 126, 5
2 Sonam Adinolf 1, 6, 104, 0
2 Peter Kapsalis 1, 4, 138, 0
2 Ethan Levi 1, 4, 120, 0
2 John Whelan 1, 3, 132, 0
6 Cory Siegel 1, 4, 126 [DQ]
7. Kym Alishahi 0, 3, 120
8. Shawn Stanley 0, 0, 72
8. Gary Kwan 0, 0, 72
10. Jason Schneiderman 0, 0, 60

Congrats to Selen on winning the NY Qualifier! And congrats to the top
five for qualifying!
[Special thanks to Jason Schneiderman for travelling all the way from
Boston by his lonesome to come play. I will send you promo's first
thing!]

The Lasombra

Sep 6, 2010, 12:14:47 PM9/6/10
On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 08:23:38 -0700 (PDT), adam.hulse wrote:

>Congrats to Selen on winning the NY Qualifier! And congrats to the top
>five for qualifying!

Any chance of seeing that TWD?

adam....@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2010, 11:14:51 AM9/7/10

Oh yes, Selen sent it to me a couple days ago! Here we go:

Deck: Ousted? Dem's the Breaks
Author: Selen Turkay

2 Eddie Gaines
2 Cassandra Langley, the waif