FD's - EC 2009: First Chance Qualifier for 2010

Damnans

Nov 29, 2009, 11:26:57 AM11/29/09
VTES EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP: palma de Mallorca

Event Name: First Chance Qualifier 2010
Event Date (DD-MON-YY): 15/ nov 09
Coordinator: Gin�s Qui�onero Santiago
City: Palma de Mallorca (Spain)
Format (Constructed/Limited): Constructed
Level (Normal/Qualifier/Championship) Qualifier
Number of Players: 78
Head Judge: Gin�s Qui�onero Santiago
Assistant Judges: L. Scott Johnson, Oscar J. Garza III, Ferran B�denas
Jovani

WINNING DECK
============

Peter Ducai, the author and player of the winning deck, did not want me
to post it, so his will be done :)

However I can tell it was an AUS ANI wall deck with Omaya.

FINALIST DECKS
==============

Deck Name: Sunny Dragos (FCQ 2009 Finalist)
Author: David Qui�onero

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=5 max=7 avg=6.33)
2x Caitlin 6 aus dom ANI PRO !Gangrel:2
2x Dr. Allan Woodstock 5 ani aus for PRO Gangrel:3
4x Dragos 7 vic ANI AUS Tzimisce:2
1x Monique 5 ani aus for pro !Gangrel:2
3x Omaya 7 pro ANI AUS FOR !Gangrel:2

Library (90 cards)
==================
Master (22)
1x Failsafe
2x Fame
1x Guardian Angel
1x Monster
1x Powerbase: Montreal
6x Protean
2x R�tschreck
1x Rack, The
1x Smiling Jack, The Anarch
1x Tension in the Ranks
3x Vessel
2x Wash

Event (1)
1x Dragonbound

Action (9)
1x Abbot
4x Deep Song
4x Nose of the Hound

Equipment (2)
1x Bowl of Convergence
1x Sport Bike

Reaction (30)
4x Enhanced Senses
4x Eyes of Argus
3x Forced Awakening
2x My Enemy's Enemy
3x On the Qui Vive
4x Precognition
2x Read the Winds
4x Sense the Savage Way
4x Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (26)
2x Adaptability
4x Body Flare
6x Body of Sun
4x Flesh of Marble
4x Mythic Form
6x Telepathic Tracking

Deck Name: Gigatron Power
Author: Albert Zorrilla Agut

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=5 max=8 avg=7)
3x Blackhorse Tanner 7 AUS DOM FOR !Ventrue:3
1x Charice Fontaigne 6 for pot AUS DOM !Ventrue:3
1x Edward Neally 7 aus pre DOM FOR !Ventrue:3
1x Jefferson Foster 6 for tha AUS DOM !Ventrue:4
1x Jesse Menks 8 ani AUS DOM FOR !Ventrue:3
1x Joseph O'Grady 7 aus cel DOM FOR !Ventrue:3
1x Neighbor John 5 dom for AUS !Ventrue:4
3x Owain Evans, The Wanderer 8 cel pre AUS DOM FOR !Ventrue:3

Library (80 cards)
==================
Master (11)
1x Anarch Troublemaker
1x Archon Investigation
1x Corporate Hunting Ground
1x Direct Intervention
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Perfectionist
5x Vessel

Action (12)
1x Aranthebes, The Immortal
8x Govern the Unaligned
2x Scouting Mission
1x Slaughtering the Herd

Equipment (3)
1x Bowl of Convergence
1x Heart of Nizchetus
1x Ivory Bow

Ally (2)
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Action Modifier (17)
3x Bonding
3x Conditioning
2x Daring the Dawn
1x Day Operation
1x Foreshadowing Destruction
4x Freak Drive
1x Kiss of Ra, The
2x Seduction

Reaction (21)
5x Deflection
2x Enhanced Senses
4x Eyes of Argus
2x My Enemy's Enemy
4x On the Qui Vive
2x Redirection
2x Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (14)
4x Indomitability
4x Rolling with the Punches
3x Target Vitals
3x Weighted Walking Stick

Deck Name: Two guys. One cup.
Author: Denis Gerard

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=1 max=7 avg=4.92)
4x Beast, The Leatherface of Detroit 7 ani cel OBF POT !Nosferatu:2
1x Cameron 3 dom pot Lasombra:2
1x Christine Boscacci 2 dom vic Pander:2
1x Mustafa Rahman 2 dom Tremere:2
1x Royce 1 dom Pander:2
1x Samson 2 dom !Ventrue:2
3x Theo Bell 7 cel dom pre POT Brujah:2

Library (90 cards)
==================
Master (12)
2x Golconda: Inner Peace
2x Guardian Angel
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Sudden Reversal
3x Vessel
2x Visit from the Capuchin
1x Wash

Action (10)
4x Govern the Unaligned
6x Graverobbing

Action Modifier (8)
2x Cloak the Gathering
4x Conditioning
2x Veil the Legions

Reaction (12)
5x Deflection
1x Delaying Tactics
1x On the Qui Vive
5x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Combat (48)
4x Blur
3x Disarm
2x Flash
3x Glancing Blow
12x Immortal Grapple
5x Slam
7x Taste of Vitae
9x Torn Signpost
3x Undead Strength

Deck Name: Girls just wanna have fun
Author: Erik Torstensson

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=9 max=11 avg=10)
1x Adana de Sforza 11 aus CEL OBF POT PRE PRO Brujah:4
4x Aksinya Daclau 9 cel tha ANI FOR PRE PRO !Gangrel:4
4x Cybele 10 ANI DAI OBF PRE SER THA Baali:4
1x Lutz von Hohenzollern 11 pot AUS DEM OBF PRE Malkavian:4
1x Mistress Fanchon 11 AUS CEL DOM OBF THA VIC Tremere:4
1x Rafael de Corazon 11 AUS CEL DOM OBF PRE Toreador:4

Library (74 cards)
==================
Master (42)
1x Anarch Troublemaker
6x Ashur Tablets
1x Blind Spot
1x Coven, The
1x Direct Intervention
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Fortschritt Library
1x Giant's Blood
2x Golconda: Inner Peace
1x House of Sorrow
3x Information Highway
1x Jake Washington (Hunter)
4x Liquidation
1x Metro Underground
1x Misdirection
1x Monastery of Shadows
2x Parthenon, The
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
6x Villein
1x Wash
4x Zillah's Valley

Action (4)
2x Entrancement
2x Intimidation

Political Action (4)
1x Ancient Influence
1x Political Stranglehold
1x Reins of Power
1x Scourge

Action Modifier (16)
2x Aire of Elation
2x Approximation of Loyalty
2x Cloak the Gathering
2x Elder Impersonation
1x Enkil Cog
2x Faceless Night
1x Into Thin Air
1x Lost in Crowds
2x Mirror Walk
1x Perfect Paragon

Reaction (4)
1x Guard Dogs
2x Lost in Translation
1x Rat's Warning

Combat (4)
4x Majesty

FINAL STANDINGS
===============

Final Rank Name Prelim GWs Prelim VPs Final VPs TPs
1 Peter Ducai 2 8 1,5 156
2 David Qui�onero 2 5,5 0,5 144
2 Erik Torstensson 1 7 0,5 156
2 Denis Gerard 2 7 0,5 138
2 Albert Zorrilla Agut 2 6,5 0 156
6 Juan Manuel Palacios 1 6,5 156
7 Michal Kochanowski 1 6 138
8 Benoit Olivier 1 5,5 144
9 Jerome Bauzon 1 5,5 132
10 Marcin Watras 1 5 132
11 Pierre Tran-Van 1 5 126
12 David Mart�n 1 5 106
13 Jos� Manuel Mu�oz Berengena 1 4,5 162
14 Yannick Gibert 1 4,5 150
15 Michael Holmstr�m 1 4,5 132
16 Isak Bj�rmark Esbj�rnsson 1 4,5 108
17 Alfonso Sendra Gamero 1 4 138
18 Paolo Pasqualin 1 4 126
18 Olivier Le Baut 1 4 126
20 Paul O'Connor 1 4 108
21 Igor Mu�oz 1 4 102
22 Mike Nudd 1 3,5 126
23 Jordi Samper 1 3 114
24 Pablo Mateos 1 3 102
25 Ivan Marin-Rivas 1 2,5 114
26 Jayant Sen Gupta 1 2,5 96
27 Javier Olivares 0 5 138
28 Sergio Gracia 0 4 150
28 Claudio Souli� 0 4 150
30 Patricia Ca�adillas 0 4 132
31 Ralf Lammert 0 3,5 132
32 Lauri Salmi 0 3,5 120
33 I�aki Puigdollers 0 3 126
33 Timo Snellman 0 3 126
35 Mois�s Gonz�lez 0 3 120
36 Kasper Skovgaard Kristensen 0 2,5 132
37 David Mart�nez Hahnm�ller 0 2,5 120
38 Patrick Benoit 0 2,5 114
39 Alexander B�skman 0 2,5 108
40 Miguel Andr�s Ripoll 0 2 120
41 Robert Doktorow 0 2 114
42 Janne L�nnqvist 0 2 108
43 Pasi Karjalainen 0 2 102
44 Francisco Mart�nez Gim�nez 0 2 90
45 Christophe Rivas 0 1,5 108
45 Steve Read 0 1,5 108
47 Daniel Gargul�k 0 1,5 102
47 Laurie Goulding 0 1,5 102
49 Daniel Carretero 0 1,5 96
50 Antoni Segu� 0 1,5 90
50 Si�n Parera 0 1,5 90
52 Tomeu M�dico 0 1,5 78
53 Christian Cannizaro 0 1 96
53 Peter Smejkal 0 1 96
53 Petri Wessman 0 1 96
53 Alfdred Behrends 0 1 96
57 Marko Lindroos 0 1 88
58 Jorge Verdi 0 1 84
59 Csaba Greguss 0 1 78
59 Guilhem Marrannes 0 1 78
59 Otto Kukkasniemi 0 1 78
62 Maros Chomjak 0 1 72
63 Florian Prosper 0 1 54
64 Mateo Segura 0 0,5 88
65 Dietmar Range 0 0,5 84
65 Ra�l Lara 0 0,5 84
67 Tomasz Pietkiewicz 0 0,5 82
68 Martin Randers 0 0,5 72
69 Carlos Tom�s Aran 0 0,5 66
70 Nick Mozo 0 0 76
71 Anna Bellido 0 0 72
72 Mika Nurmikolu 0 0 70
73 Kimmo Pekkola 0 0 66
74 Guillem Gelabert 0 0 60
74 Massimo Vaccari 0 0 60
76 Mario Mart� 0 0 54
77 Robyn Tatu 0 0 48
78 �lex Parcero 0 0 36

--
Damnans

http://www.almadrava.net/damnans
http://www.vtes.net

The Lasombra

Nov 29, 2009, 11:57:56 AM11/29/09
Damnans wrote thusly: >

> WINNING DECK
> ============
>
> Peter Ducai, the author and player of the winning deck, did not want me
> to post it, so his will be done :)
>
> However I can tell it was an AUS ANI wall deck with Omaya.

> Author: David Quiñonero

> Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=5 max=7 avg=6.33)

> 3x Omaya 7 pro ANI AUS FOR !Gangrel:2

It seems that contesting would have had a powerful effect on this
finals game.

Two decks prominently featuring Omaya.

Which one got the vampire?
How did that play into the game timing out?
What was done by the players to prevent losing that 7 pool asset?

Damnans

Nov 29, 2009, 2:19:41 PM11/29/09
Damnans escribi�:

> Event Name: First Chance Qualifier 2010

[...]

> FINALIST DECKS
> ==============
>
> Deck Name: Sunny Dragos (FCQ 2009 Finalist)
> Author: David Qui�onero
>
> Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=5 max=7 avg=6.33)
> 2x Caitlin 6 aus dom ANI PRO !Gangrel:2
> 2x Dr. Allan Woodstock 5 ani aus for PRO Gangrel:3
> 4x Dragos 7 vic ANI AUS Tzimisce:2
> 1x Monique 5 ani aus for pro !Gangrel:2
> 3x Omaya 7 pro ANI AUS FOR !Gangrel:2

David Qui�onero did not play the above deck in the First Chance
Qualifier, but the deck below. I somehow mistook one for the other:

Deck Name: The Pet Shop Girls
Author: David Qui�onero

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=4 max=8 avg=6.33)
3x Cynthia Ingold 6 ani for pre SPI Ahrimane:2
3x Howler 8 obf ANI PRE SPI Ahrimane:2
2x Juanita Santiago 4 ani pre spi Ahrimane:2
1x Nettie Hale 5 ani cel pre spi pro Ahrimane:2
3x Siamese, The 7 ani pro PRE SPI Ahrimane:2

Library (90 cards)
==================
Master (16)
1x Animalism
1x Channel 10
2x Direct Intervention
1x Fame
1x Guardian Angel
1x Heidelberg Castle, Germany
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Rack, The
1x Rebel

1x Smiling Jack, The Anarch

3x Vessel
1x WMRH Talk Radio
1x Wash

Event (1)
1x Dragonbound

Action (10)
6x Enchant Kindred

4x Nose of the Hound

Equipment (2)
1x Kevlar Vest
1x Sire's Index Finger

Ally (2)
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)

1x Ossian

Retainer (13)
1x Mr. Winthrop
8x Murder of Crows
1x Owl Companion
3x Raven Spy

Reaction (22)
4x Falcon's Eye
3x Forced Awakening

3x On the Qui Vive

4x Sense the Savage Way
8x Speak with Spirits

Combat (18)
5x Aid from Bats
2x Canine Horde
3x Carrion Crows
8x Pack Alpha

Combo (6)
6x Swiftness of the Stag

Damnans

Nov 29, 2009, 2:20:43 PM11/29/09
The Lasombra escribi�:

> Damnans wrote thusly: >
>> WINNING DECK
>> ============
>>
>> Peter Ducai, the author and player of the winning deck, did not want me
>> to post it, so his will be done :)
>>
>> However I can tell it was an AUS ANI wall deck with Omaya.
>
>> Author: David Qui�onero

>> Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=5 max=7 avg=6.33)
>> 3x Omaya 7 pro ANI AUS FOR !Gangrel:2
>
> It seems that contesting would have had a powerful effect on this
> finals game.
>
> Two decks prominently featuring Omaya.

My mistake. My brother played Ahrimanes in that final.

Damnans

Nov 29, 2009, 2:21:50 PM11/29/09
Damnans escribi�:

> VTES EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP: palma de Mallorca
>
> Event Name: First Chance Qualifier 2010
[...]

> Deck Name: Girls just wanna have fun
> Author: Erik Torstensson
>
> Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=9 max=11 avg=10)
> 1x Adana de Sforza 11 aus CEL OBF POT PRE PRO Brujah:4
> 4x Aksinya Daclau 9 cel tha ANI FOR PRE PRO !Gangrel:4
> 4x Cybele 10 ANI DAI OBF PRE SER THA Baali:4
> 1x Lutz von Hohenzollern 11 pot AUS DEM OBF PRE Malkavian:4
> 1x Mistress Fanchon 11 AUS CEL DOM OBF THA VIC Tremere:4
> 1x Rafael de Corazon 11 AUS CEL DOM OBF PRE Toreador:4
[...]

> Political Action (4)
> 1x Ancient Influence
> 1x Political Stranglehold
> 1x Reins of Power
> 1x Scourge

This card should be Scourge of the Enochians.

[...]

Kevin M.

Nov 29, 2009, 5:23:27 PM11/29/09
Damnans wrote:
> VTES EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP: palma de Mallorca
>
> Event Name: First Chance Qualifier 2010
> Event Date (DD-MON-YY): 15/ nov 09
> Coordinator: Gin�s Qui�onero Santiago
> City: Palma de Mallorca (Spain)
> Format (Constructed/Limited): Constructed
> Level (Normal/Qualifier/Championship) Qualifier
> Number of Players: 78
> Head Judge: Gin�s Qui�onero Santiago
> Assistant Judges: L. Scott Johnson, Oscar J. Garza III, Ferran B�denas
> Jovani
>
> WINNING DECK
> ============
>
> Peter Ducai, the author and player of the winning deck, did not want
> me to post it, so his will be done :)
>
> However I can tell it was an AUS ANI wall deck with Omaya.

OH NOES!! WE WILLZ NEVER FIGURE OUT SUCH A DECKZ!!11!

Perhaps he'll release the decklist to us amateurs a year from now.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! http://vtesville.myminicity.com/
Please buy my cards! http://shop.ebay.com/kjmergen/m.html

Peter D Bakija

Nov 29, 2009, 6:29:37 PM11/29/09
On Nov 29, 5:23 pm, "Kevin M." <youw...@imaspammer.org> wrote:
> > However I can tell it was an AUS ANI wall deck with Omaya.
>
> OH NOES!! WE WILLZ NEVER FIGURE OUT SUCH A DECKZ!!11!
>
> Perhaps he'll release the decklist to us amateurs a year from now.

Oh, ya know, if the deck remains unexposed, the arcane secrets of AUS/
ANI block tech will remain unknowable by the unwashed masses...

-Peter

Brum

Nov 29, 2009, 6:30:01 PM11/29/09
On Nov 29, 10:23 pm, "Kevin M." <youw...@imaspammer.org> wrote:
> Damnans wrote:
> > VTES EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP: palma de Mallorca
>
> > Event Name: First Chance Qualifier 2010
> > Event Date (DD-MON-YY): 15/ nov 09
> > Coordinator: Ginés Quiñonero Santiago

> > City: Palma de Mallorca (Spain)
> > Format (Constructed/Limited): Constructed
> > Level (Normal/Qualifier/Championship) Qualifier
> > Number of Players: 78
> > Head Judge: Ginés Quiñonero Santiago
> > Assistant Judges: L. Scott Johnson, Oscar J. Garza III, Ferran Bádenas

> > Jovani
>
> > WINNING DECK
> > ============
>
> > Peter Ducai, the author and player of the winning deck, did not want
> > me to post it, so his will be done :)
>
> > However I can tell it was an AUS ANI wall deck with Omaya.
>
> OH NOES!! WE WILLZ NEVER FIGURE OUT SUCH A DECKZ!!11!
>
> Perhaps he'll release the decklist to us amateurs a year from now.
>
> Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
> "Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
>  you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
> "Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
> Please visit VTESville daily!http://vtesville.myminicity.com/
> Please buy my cards!http://shop.ebay.com/kjmergen/m.html

Either that, or Ginés put up Pete's decklist instead of Claudio
Severino's... err... I mean instead of his brother's... :)

Johannes Walch

Dec 4, 2009, 11:32:59 AM12/4/09
Brum schrieb:

> On Nov 29, 10:23 pm, "Kevin M." <youw...@imaspammer.org> wrote:
>> Damnans wrote:
>>> VTES EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP: palma de Mallorca
>>> Event Name: First Chance Qualifier 2010
>>> Event Date (DD-MON-YY): 15/ nov 09
>>> Coordinator: GinīŋŊs QuiīŋŊonero Santiago

>>> City: Palma de Mallorca (Spain)
>>> Format (Constructed/Limited): Constructed
>>> Level (Normal/Qualifier/Championship) Qualifier
>>> Number of Players: 78
>>> Head Judge: GinīŋŊs QuiīŋŊonero Santiago
>>> Assistant Judges: L. Scott Johnson, Oscar J. Garza III, Ferran BīŋŊdenas

>>> Jovani
>>> WINNING DECK
>>> ============
>>> Peter Ducai, the author and player of the winning deck, did not want
>>> me to post it, so his will be done :)
>>> However I can tell it was an AUS ANI wall deck with Omaya.
>> OH NOES!! WE WILLZ NEVER FIGURE OUT SUCH A DECKZ!!11!
>>
>> Perhaps he'll release the decklist to us amateurs a year from now.
>>
>> Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
>> "Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
>> you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
>> "Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
>> Please visit VTESville daily!http://vtesville.myminicity.com/
>> Please buy my cards!http://shop.ebay.com/kjmergen/m.html
>
> Either that, or GinīŋŊs put up Pete's decklist instead of Claudio

> Severino's... err... I mean instead of his brother's... :)

Yeah it slipped out by accident. Which is .. funny :)

Kushiel

Dec 10, 2009, 12:46:23 PM12/10/09
On Nov 29, 11:26 am, Damnans <damnansv...@ono.com> wrote:
> Deck Name:Girls just wannahave fun

Can someone who's played or played against this deck explain how it
functions? Even aside from card choices that look like obvious feints
in retrospect (Fortschritt with no events, Scourge with no offensive
combat), I can't seem to understand the basic structure of the deck.
It's going to play a bunch of master cards, bounce some bleeds,
and...?

I've been trying to wrap my head around this since it was published,
and totally failing. My confusion was only exacerbated by someone (I
think it was Johannes) mentioning it as a good deck on Orian's blog.
Help, anyone?

John Eno

John Flournoy

Dec 10, 2009, 1:26:44 PM12/10/09

At a rough guess, having not seen it:

Start by bloating like crazy via the master card engine and the votes.
Before too long, you should have several big vampires out (ideally
Cybele, Askinya and an IC member) and plenty of pool. You can
potentially be playing a lot of master cards a turn (Cybele,
Parthenon, plus Villein's a trifle.)

Once you get the big vampires out, bleed. Cybele and all the IC
members bleed for three, and you should be able to cycle to (and
recycle with Ashurs) stealth cards. Use the Cog to bleed again -
ideally Cybele can use the Cog/House of Shadows/infernal untap to
bleed an extra time every couple of turns. Hope that repeated bleeds
of 3 every turn will eventually wear your preys into oblivion.

> John Eno

-John Flournoy

Jakob Sievers

Dec 10, 2009, 2:29:21 PM12/10/09
Kushiel <invisibl...@gmail.com> writes:

> Can someone who's played or played against this deck explain how it
> functions?

I haven't played/against it, but it seems to be a strange variant of
Wait & Bleed.

> Even aside from card choices that look like obvious feints
> in retrospect (Fortschritt with no events, Scourge with no offensive
> combat)

Deck transcription failure? Missing Anthelios, Scourge == Scourge of
the Enochians?

cheers,
-jakob

Matthew T. Morgan

Dec 10, 2009, 2:21:52 PM12/10/09

Scourge is supposed to be Scourge of the Enochians. Maybe Erik didn't
know you can't fetch that one with Fortischritt or maybe he dropped
Anthelios recently in favor of Ashur Tablets for recycling and forgot to
take out Fortschritt. Personally, I'd probably leave Anthelios in. I'm
surprised it isn't here.

Basically the deck is old-skool Anson-style bloat with extra bleed power
(Cybelle can bleed for 3 inherently), decreased contestability and bounce,
courtesy of Aksinya. You try to influence the table with master cards,
bloat a lot, get out some IC members and then clean up.

Asnek

Dec 16, 2009, 4:44:16 PM12/16/09

Actually

I'm building and playing this deck for more than 7 years won more than
30 torunaments with it and i will never reveal the whole secret of it.
building up the deck is not easy and after so many years of work i
just don't wat to reveal the true consistence to the world. you will
need to find out your own way of building such deck.
if you think build it on your own win a tournamnet a share with the
rest. i'm an egoist i don't want to share. all shinies are
mineeeeeee :D :D

Salem

Dec 16, 2009, 7:48:13 PM12/16/09

but most of the people on this group will never play against you, so
what does it matter if they've copied your deck? and even if they do
copy it, not having been playing it for 7+ years i doubt they'll be able
to do as well with it as you.

and for the people you DO play with regularly, i am sure they've seen
the tricks and nuances enough to be able to build that in without
needing you to share the exact card list, so it doesn't really matter if
they see the card list either.

i mean, i am sure you are proud of this deck and how well it does, and
your performance with it is impressive. but why wouldn't you want to get
some REAL fame for having that deck, and get it put in the Tournament
Winning Deck Archive and get yourself in to the Hall of Fame?

Also, what if someone works out pretty much your exact deck from having
played against it for 7+ years, builds it perfectly (maybe 1 or 2 cards
off here and there), wins a tournament with it, and gets in to the TWDA
with it? under THEIR name? with it showing as THEIR deck? wouldn't that
suck even more?

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'gmail' to email)

Asnek

Dec 18, 2009, 12:10:26 PM12/18/09
> (replace 'hotmail' with 'gmail' to email)- Skryť citovaný text -
>
> - Zobraziť citovaný text -

actually i never play it here around with my friends. here i'm playing
for fun not for win.
actually i never cared about rankings and any halls of fame atc. why
should I? this game all about fun not fame.
all people here around know that i'm damn good in deck buildign and
they often ask me for a help. i already have my small fame and respect
and that's all i always wanted. they recognize me and respect me
because they know.

as well i hate people that are lazy and unable to think of their own
ideas and deck. each player is uniqe and therefor he needs unique
tactics and uniqe style of play. even with damn good deck from TWDA
you won't win the game if don't have the right feeling for the game.
so where is the point for giving up my own ideas and strategies?
playing this game requires skill, training and willingness to learn by
loosing so many games that you forgot to count them. No other player,
no other TWDA deck will change your game from loosing to winning. that
have to come from inside of you.

and most important i don't want any morons to screw up my ideas and my
way of playing this game. someone needs to play stealth bleed because
thats the best they can do. someone got the right feeling for politics
and the beter ones can play wall decks. highest skill i know is to
play and win with straight combat deck (and with combat i don't mean
any lame Eurobrujah bruise and bleed deck - that's just other way to
play S&B). each player have to build up his own way, find his own
strategz and his own game of fame.

you can opose me that showing up the deck will give peaople at least
some inspiration, btu even in that case they will be playing (or
rather trying to) play MY game not their own.
TWDA is funny idea but by myown opinion it's just ruining the hardest
part of each players work - THINKING. until people will learn how to
think, how to build deck, how to play them and especialy how to have a
fun even when loosing there will be still same situation around the
table. somebodz is selfousting, people are arguing about crazy action
that happend 5 turns ago etc.
It's game and it have to be about fun not about fame and wining.

and some last words? you already have few of mine tournament wining
deck. Last years europian champion - Moron Harcarufka - played with
deck he asked me to build for him just for EC. it took me 3 months to
watch his way of playing the game and building (and neccesary testing)
deck especially designed just for him.
Maros Chomajk won last year mini-qualifier in Miskolc with deck i
builded for him few years ago.
i won several different tournament with deck tat i didn't hestitate to
show up to the world.
this deck of mine is just my personal beloved one and i just don't
want to share.

but if it will make all of you happy i can post here any of my deck.
i'm currentlz storing in my computer more that 500 decklist of decks i
have played (and all of them got at least 1 GW the rest just wan't
worth to store). Especially i'm proud of my Tariq deck collection with
currently 62 different ways of build (and only few of them are direct
rush decks) and some other are still in my head waiting to come real.

Matthew T. Morgan

Dec 18, 2009, 12:36:35 PM12/18/09
On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Asnek wrote:

> and most important i don't want any morons to screw up my ideas and my
> way of playing this game.

Oh my Nergal. This comment is so fertile and rich for mockery I don't
even know where to begin. Somebody help me please!

Asnek

Dec 18, 2009, 12:57:04 PM12/18/09

Hmm actually i missed whole point of your answer...
if you wanted to somehow offend me you didn't succed.
i have tryed to explain Salem my own look at this game. so what's the
point? or you think people doesn't have right to explain their
opinions here?

wumpus

Dec 18, 2009, 2:49:28 PM12/18/09
Howdy,

Given that Asnek's command of written English is somewhat limited, I
kind of hope that he's just failing to express himself well. Because
I can't really see how the quoted statement makes any sense at all.
He seems to be positing a sequence like this:

1) He publishes his 'favorite' decklist.
2) Either someone else reads the decklist and creates a deck based
on it and plays it so badly that Asnek is embarrassed to be associated
with the deck anymore? (Is this what 'screw[ing] up [his] ideas'
would mean? Or does he mean that imitation would actually somehow
cause his ability to create decks to be impaired?)
3) Or someone else reads the decklist and creates a deck or decks
that make the original deck not function anymore? (Screw up his 'way
of playing this game'?)

It just seems so grandiose and, like, delusional, that it is difficult
to take it seriously. But maybe there's a lot more netdecking and
playing to cause others to lose (rather than playing to win) in his
neck of the woods? Still seems overwrought...

Alex

Matthew T. Morgan

Dec 18, 2009, 4:20:47 PM12/18/09
On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Asnek wrote:

> On 18. Dec., 18:36 h., "Matthew T. Morgan" <farq...@io.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Asnek wrote:
>>> and most important i don't want any morons to screw up my ideas and my
>>> way of playing this game.
>>
>> Oh my Nergal. �This comment is so fertile and rich for mockery I don't
>> even know where to begin. �Somebody help me please!
>
> Hmm actually i missed whole point of your answer...
> if you wanted to somehow offend me you didn't succed.
> i have tryed to explain Salem my own look at this game. so what's the
> point? or you think people doesn't have right to explain their
> opinions here?

No, I wasn't trying to offend you and I think it's fine for folks to have
opinions. Maybe Alex is right and it's a language issue (though your
english seems fine to me), but what you wrote comes across as quite
arrogant.

I don't really care if you share your decklists or not. Doesn't matter to
me. But if you post to a public forum that you keep your decklists secret
because you don't want "any morons to screw up my ideas and my way of
playing this game"...well, to put it as politely as I can, that's farking
weird.

Asnek

Dec 19, 2009, 6:34:36 AM12/19/09

both of you are right little bit. Alex catched the point amost
exactly. It's as well my fault i should expres myself as exactly as
Alex did. maybe i was too offensive but it's exactly that feeling i
got when i go to tournament or even casual play and i see people
copying somone elses deck.
short example: few months ago we got here national qualifier. one of
the polish guys that came got realy interesting and funny deck that
everybody liked for the new idea he showed us. but what happes is that
one moron here just steal decklist of that deck from my pile of
decklists after tournament a builded the deck again. as he didn't have
all cards neccesary for the deck he made some changes in the deck and
it was not working anymore after that change. he came for casual play,
played the deck in absolutely bad way, he didn't know how to play it
what to do and when etc. but after that game i juts stoped to like the
original idea that i saw week ago. i thought that that deck is just
really piece of shit.
and i don't want to happen this think to my own deck. that deck
doesn't deserve it.
every deck got some weaknesses and i don't want to show them up to the
world as well.

that's almost everything i thought.

and reagrding my english :D i hope it's still good enough to express
myself. in fact it's really long time since i passed my TOEFL
certificate but i don't think i forgot everything :D but sometimes
it's imposible to express exactly even for native speakers...

Salem

Dec 19, 2009, 8:35:13 PM12/19/09
Asnek wrote:

> as well i hate people that are lazy and unable to think of their own
> ideas and deck. each player is uniqe and therefor he needs unique
> tactics and uniqe style of play. even with damn good deck from TWDA
> you won't win the game if don't have the right feeling for the game.
> so where is the point for giving up my own ideas and strategies?

See, for me, I like to look at other people's decks, and try and build
something close (I often don't have all the cards for it), and then try
and learn how to win with a deck like that. Expand my knowledge of how
to play, by exploring other ways, not by solely sticking to my one
unique way of playing. the better i can understand how other people play
(by playing decks like their's), the better i will be able to play
against them, and the more fun i can have by playing the game in
different ways.

i wasn't trying to say you're not allowed to keep your deck secret. you
can do what you want with it, i just didn't think that hiding it would
achieve what it was you said hiding it was trying to achieve.

--
salem