TWD - Finnish Nationals 2009

Oko

May 26, 2009, 5:09:17 AM5/26/09
Right.
Finland first annual Nationals were held last weekend in city of
Tampere, best town in Finland, smack in the middle of our pesky little
nation.
We had a somewhat ok turnout of 44 players, which is definitely very
good, though a bit less than I'd anticipated.
I'm certain we can make it 60 next year.

Games went on in a timely fashion, only 9 games out of 27 timed out,
and the finals were played in good time with 31minutes left on the
clock as the winner was announced. As proven in ze picture.

All in all, as head organizer and general slave, I'd like to thank all
participants who were able to make it. The tournament ran well from
organizing standpoint, excluding the initial mixup with seatings, but,
first time for everything. Cleanup crew did wonderful job, considering
I was under the impression that there were to be none, so a big thank
you for that, Timo and Timo.

As for the finalists and thus, qualified players they are as follows;

Jari Vulli
Jari Åkerström
Joni Huumonen
Pauli Kiova
Marko Lindroos

The finals themselves were expected to be over rather soon.
Table was as follows;

Joni (Obf dom) [this deck bled for 50+ in four turns on the third
round. Needless to say, I was not amused, being his second prey. On
turn four.] -> Pauli (Khazar's Diary) -> Jari Vulli (Tremere toolbox)
-> Marko (Lutz & Unmada) -> Jari Åkerström (Huitzilopochtli bleed)

As a side note, four of the finalists come from town of Pori, Marko
being the only "outsider" in the finals.

Joni started the game. Pauli knew what to expect and only brought out
a couple small minions.
Jari got a relatively easy start in that sense, since most of Joni's
bleeds hit into Pauli, until he got his Sudario's to work.
Very early, one bleed for 7 went into Marko, who was being pushed for
pool due to semi-constant bouncing from both Pauli and Jari to him.
Pauli was able to do little else than a few actions now and then,
slapping a Khazar's Diary onto the table, and mostly just bloating via
Liquidations.
Jari Å kept pressure on Joni with big bleeds from Huitzilopochtli,
while Marko was able to pass votes unhindered, barring the odd block
attempt from the Tremere.

In the end, Jari Åkerström managed to oust Joni Huumonen with a bleed
of four, when Joni was at three pool.
At this time, Jari himself was left with little pool, and Pauli also.
This resulted in Marko being able to take them both out in a few
turns, both of which ousts happened with Lutz's special, one might
add.
Marko did a mistake in taking out Jari, though, bleeding with Lutz
while he had Tryphosa out. The bleed got deflected, which in itself
wasn't so bad, but losing a blood on Lutz would prove to be critical.
After Tryphosa ousted Jari via a vote, it was Pauli's turn who
promptly used Ossian to rush Lutz. Also, Marko had just discarded No
Trace.
Trpyhosa blocked, leaving her at 1 blood, and Lutz empty.
At this point, Jari was having trouble hitting into bleed, but
apparently, having four minions and one with Rutor's hand an Bowl of
Convergence was enough.
Marko managed to oust Pauli, but then he ran out of deck, and needless
to say, the Bowl made short work of what little actions he had left.
In the end, Marko and Jari shook hands, and Jari was declared winner
with 2 VP's in the finals, and higher seating than Marko.

Gongratulations to the winner.

http://www.fury.fi/~xfactor/Jari_Vulli_FNC09_winner.jpg

Here are the final results, and the winning deck.

1 1 27 Jari Vulli 1 7 2 55,2
2 2 2 Marko Lindroos 1 6 2 36
3 3 26 Jari Åkerström 2 8 1 38,4
4 4 37 Joni Huumonen 1 6 31,2
5 5 6 Pauli Kiova 1 5 45,6
6 6 39 Ville Kaijasaari 1 5 43,2
7 7 12 Jura Juskevits 1 5 36
8 8 23 Kimmo Pekkola 1 5 33,6
9 9 40 Matti Palomäki 1 4,5 26,4
10 10 14 Jussi Ranta 1 4 60
11 11 1 Jarkko Suvela 1 4 50,4
12 12 22 Henri Ketonen 1 4 43,2
13 13 42 Markus Koskivirta 1 4 36
14 14 24 Antti Tirilä 1 4 33,6
15 15 33 Timo Snellman 1 4 28,8
16 16 13 Ville Saaristo 1 3,5 48
17 17 11 Seppo Lipponen 1 3,5 38,4
18 18 35 Heikki Palomäki 1 3 33,6
19 19 44 Janne Hägglund 0 3 36
20 20 7 Are Vaskela 0 2,5 45,6
21 21 19 Otto Kukkasniemi 0 2,5 43,2
22 22 31 Juha Nyholm 0 2,5 33,6
23 23 5 Romeo Leinbaum 0 2 57,6
24 24 16 Lauri Salmi 0 2 40,8
24 25 41 Jari Mäkikyrö 0 2 40,8
26 26 17 Timo Rekola 0 2 31,2
27 27 10 Otso Saariluoma 0 1,5 55,2
28 28 3 Taija Kanerva 0 1,5 50,4
28 29 9 Petteri Teerikangas 0 1,5 50,4
28 30 25 Yann Irissou 0 1,5 50,4
31 31 34 Teemu Sainomaa 0 1,5 45,6
32 32 21 Mika Alanen 0 1,5 40,8
33 33 4 Pasi Karjalainen 0 1 57,6
34 34 30 Otso Turunen 0 1 48
35 35 38 Toni Karjalainen 0 1 38,4
36 36 8 Henri Kangas 0 1 36
37 37 32 Ari Lensu 0 0,5 55,2
38 38 28 Tuomas Nyberg 0 0,5 45,6
39 39 43 Tommi 0 0,5 36
40 40 18 Jari Lumme 0 0 38,4
41 41 29 Antero Hakala 0 0 36
42 42 15 Kari Vieno 0 0 28,8
42 43 36 Tomi Rantakaulio 0 0 28,8
44 44 20 Johannes Haapala 0 0 21,6

<<>>

Voiton haluan omistaa Tuijan tisseille.
Pakka, jos se nyt jotain kiinnostaa:

Crypt: (12)

Mistress Fanchon x2
Carmen
Zane
MacAlister Marshall
Gabrielle di Righetti
Aidan Lyle
Claus Wegener
Rutor
Gerald Windham
Paul Cordwood
Preston Varrick

Masters: (18)

Dreams of the Sphinx
Wasserschloss Anif, Austria
Chantry
Perfectionist
Information Highway
Minion Tap x4
Vessel x4
Academic Hunting Ground
Arcane Library
Giant’s Blood
Wash x2

Actions: (24)

Rutor’s Hand x 4
Govern the Unaligned x6
Far Mastery
Blood of Sandman
Scouting Mission x5
Ivory Bow
Dominate Kine
Kine Resources Contested x3
Bowl of Convergence
Ponticulus

Action Modifiers: (14)

Cloak the Gathering x2
Veil the Legions x2
Into Thin Air x2
Spying Mission
Conditioning x3
Mirror Walk x2
Seduction
Perfect Clarity

Reactions: (17)

Deflection x7
Wake with Evening’s Freshness x5
Telepathic Misdirection
On the Qui Vive x3
My Enemy’s Enemy

Combat: (16)

Apportation x6
Theft of Vitae x6
Rego Motus x2
Walk of Flame x2

<<>>

lon...@fantasiapelit.fi

May 26, 2009, 10:08:11 AM5/26/09
On May 26, 12:09 pm, Oko <Oko...@gmail.com> wrote:

Good stuff Otto.
Congrats on the smoothness of the event!

> Games went on in a timely fashion, only 9 games out of 27 timed out,
> and the finals were played in good time with 31minutes left on the
> clock as the winner was announced. As proven in ze picture.

The projected clock on the wall is a MARVELOUS idea!

> Voiton haluan omistaa Tuijan tisseille.

"I'd like to dedicate the win to Tuija's titties"
Priceless, Jari!
& congrats...

Cheers,
Janne / Lönkka