A few questions

6 vues

The Emperor

non lue,
18 déc. 2001, 12:54:2418/12/2001
D-actions
Can I take directed actions against my own minions/locations/etc?
Some people I play with claim you can but it becomes a +1stealth
non-directed action instead.
For example can I use temptation on my own vampires to gain a rutors hand
like effect?

__________________________________

Set range:
If I use a set range effect can my opponent then reset the range?

__________________________________

Voter Captivation:
Only usable after a successful <referendum>.
[pre] The acting vampire gains X blood from the blood bank, where X is the
number of votes by which the <referendum> passed.
[PRE] As above, but move up to 2 of those blood counters to your pool
instead of this vampire.

Can I use voter captivation to give the acting vampire his maximum ammount
of blood AND take two pool or if the acting vampire looses excess blood
before you can take any of it to your pool.

__________________________________

Sniper Rifle [FN]
Cardtype: Equipment
Cost: 2 pool
Weapon, Gun.
2R damage each strike. Only usable at long range. If the bearer blocks an
action, he or she may set the range for the first round of combat to long;
if he or she does so, skip the Determine Range step on the first round, and
the bearer must strike with this weapon on the first round.

When do i set range with my sniper rifle? It seems like I set it when I
block, if so shouldnt that effect be in place before any Drawing out the
Beast can be played and thus still in effect regardless of DotB? I扉e asked
this before but I扉e never seen LSJ rule on this.

__________________________________

Zero Bleeds & Deflection

If I lower a bleed to 0 by for instance Telepathic Counter can I still
deflect it (somebody else might want to hurt the bleeder)

__________________________________

Can you have negative stealth? I assume so but I want it in writing.

__________________________________

LSJ

non lue,
18 déc. 2001, 13:14:1118/12/2001
The Emperor wrote:

> D-actions
> Can I take directed actions against my own minions/locations/etc?
> Some people I play with claim you can but it becomes a +1stealth
> non-directed action instead.
> For example can I use temptation on my own vampires to gain a rutors hand
> like effect?

It seems I just answered all these questions a little while ago in email.

Any action you take against yourself is undirected.
See 6.2.2.1 for more information.

> __________________________________
>
> Set range:
> If I use a set range effect can my opponent then reset the range?

No.

> __________________________________
>
> Voter Captivation:
> Only usable after a successful <referendum>.
> [pre] The acting vampire gains X blood from the blood bank, where X is the
> number of votes by which the <referendum> passed.
> [PRE] As above, but move up to 2 of those blood counters to your pool
> instead of this vampire.
>
> Can I use voter captivation to give the acting vampire his maximum ammount
> of blood AND take two pool or if the acting vampire looses excess blood
> before you can take any of it to your pool.

The former.

> __________________________________
>
> Sniper Rifle [FN]
> Cardtype: Equipment
> Cost: 2 pool
> Weapon, Gun.
> 2R damage each strike. Only usable at long range. If the bearer blocks an
> action, he or she may set the range for the first round of combat to long;
> if he or she does so, skip the Determine Range step on the first round, and
> the bearer must strike with this weapon on the first round.
>
> When do i set range with my sniper rifle? It seems like I set it when I
> block, if so shouldnt that effect be in place before any Drawing out the
> Beast can be played and thus still in effect regardless of DotB? I扉e asked
> this before but I扉e never seen LSJ rule on this.

You set range in the "before range is determined" step, same as DotB's timing
window. The acting minion can play DotB before you cna set range.

> __________________________________
>
> Zero Bleeds & Deflection
>
> If I lower a bleed to 0 by for instance Telepathic Counter can I still
> deflect it (somebody else might want to hurt the bleeder)

Yes.

> __________________________________
>
> Can you have negative stealth? I assume so but I want it in writing.

Yes.

> __________________________________

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Gomi no Sensei

non lue,
18 déc. 2001, 13:38:1618/12/2001
In article <kpLT7.824$8F.13...@news01.chello.se>,

The Emperor <TheEm...@chello.se> wrote:
>D-actions
>Can I take directed actions against my own minions/locations/etc?
>Some people I play with claim you can but it becomes a +1stealth
>non-directed action instead.
>For example can I use temptation on my own vampires to gain a rutors hand
>like effect?

You can take any action at any legal target. An action's directed status
depends only on who controls the target. The action is directed if it
targets something controlled by another Methuselah, undirected if it targets
something you control. Only explicit cardtext affects stealth levels.

So Temptation on a vampire you control (an effect which hadn't occurred
to me, but is certainly legal by card text) would be an undirected,
zero-stealth action blockable by your predator or prey.

>Set range:
>If I use a set range effect can my opponent then reset the range?

The first range-set effect played will stop any others from being
used. Acting minion's controller generally has priority. [RTR19970630]

>Voter Captivation:
>Only usable after a successful <referendum>.
>[pre] The acting vampire gains X blood from the blood bank, where X is the
>number of votes by which the <referendum> passed.
>[PRE] As above, but move up to 2 of those blood counters to your pool
>instead of this vampire.

>Can I use voter captivation to give the acting vampire his maximum ammount
>of blood AND take two pool or if the acting vampire looses excess blood
>before you can take any of it to your pool.

You take the 2 pool instead of giving it to the vampire, so it's legal
to Voter Captivate for 9, gain 2 pool, and give the other 7 to
an acting vampire who can only hold 7 more blood.

>Sniper Rifle [FN]
>Cardtype: Equipment
>Cost: 2 pool
>Weapon, Gun.
>2R damage each strike. Only usable at long range. If the bearer blocks an
>action, he or she may set the range for the first round of combat to long;
>if he or she does so, skip the Determine Range step on the first round, and
>the bearer must strike with this weapon on the first round.

>When do i set range with my sniper rifle? It seems like I set it when I
>block, if so shouldnt that effect be in place before any Drawing out the

>Beast can be played and thus still in effect regardless of DotB? I´ve asked
>this before but I´ve never seen LSJ rule on this.

Wording is unclear if the decision to rangeset is made before (or 'as
combat is entered') combat, or in the generic 'before range is determined'
window. If it's the same timing as Thoughts Betrayed, the Sniper can
rangeset (but Drawing out the Beast will make the obligatory rifle
strike fizzle); if it's 'before range is determined,' the opposing minion
(which is the acting minion) has the opportunity to play Drawing first,
and the Sniper won't even get to rangeset.

>Zero Bleeds & Deflection
>
>If I lower a bleed to 0 by for instance Telepathic Counter can I still
>deflect it (somebody else might want to hurt the bleeder)

Yes. A bleed for 0 is still an action in every way (except for counting
as a successful bleed), so can be redirected, further reduced, cannot
use Forgotten Labyrinth for stealth, etc.

>Can you have negative stealth? I assume so but I want it in writing.

Yes, you can, but I suspect you'll want LSJ's official imprimatur on this
one, since it sounds like you have a local sceptic.

gomi
--
Blood, guts, guns, cuts
Knives, lives, wives, nuns, sluts

The Emperor

non lue,
18 déc. 2001, 13:40:1418/12/2001
> It seems I just answered all these questions a little while ago in email.

Indeed you did but I thought the rest of the group might be interested as
well though that brilliant idea didnt come to me until after I悲 e-mailed
you...

GreySeer

non lue,
18 déc. 2001, 17:26:2218/12/2001

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> The Emperor wrote:
> >
> > D-actions
> > Can I take directed actions against my own minions/locations/etc?
> > Some people I play with claim you can but it becomes a +1stealth
> > non-directed action instead.
> > For example can I use temptation on my own vampires to gain a rutors
hand
> > like effect?
>
> It seems I just answered all these questions a little while ago in email.
>
> Any action you take against yourself is undirected.
> See 6.2.2.1 for more information.

Also, it's doesn't gain any stealth by becoming undirected, if it's a 0
stealth (D) action then it becomes a 0 stealth undirected action.

Note that you cannot enter combat with another minion you control, via a (D)
action or other means.

Reyda

non lue,
18 déc. 2001, 17:50:2018/12/2001

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message
> The Emperor wrote:

> > Zero Bleeds & Deflection
> >
> > If I lower a bleed to 0 by for instance Telepathic Counter can I still
> > deflect it (somebody else might want to hurt the bleeder)
>
> Yes.

just two things : the cards says "reduce a bleed against you by one". If you
deflect it, is it still reduced ? if the other meth deflects it back to you,
is it still reduced ? (i guess the card effect works for the reminder of
the action)
Same question with Mathias 's special -baali and fos bleeding you get -1
bleed. (i guess the special only works for you)

reyda

LSJ

non lue,
18 déc. 2001, 21:09:1918/12/2001
Reyda wrote:

> "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message
> > The Emperor wrote:
>
> > > Zero Bleeds & Deflection
> > >
> > > If I lower a bleed to 0 by for instance Telepathic Counter can I still
> > > deflect it (somebody else might want to hurt the bleeder)
> >
> > Yes.
>
> just two things : the cards says "reduce a bleed against you by one". If you
> deflect it, is it still reduced ? if the other meth deflects it back to you,
> is it still reduced ? (i guess the card effect works for the reminder of
> the action)

Yes and yes.

> Same question with Mathias 's special -baali and fos bleeding you get -1
> bleed. (i guess the special only works for you)

Correct.

0 nouveau message