Who controls master cards on stolen minions

Doug

Oct 9, 2002, 3:23:35 AM10/9/02
If a vampire has one or more Master cards played on it and is later
stolen via Grave Robbing, does the original controller of the vampire
still control the Master cards on that vampire? The focus of the
question concerns what happens when the original controller of the
vampire is ousted. Are the Master cards played before the change of
control burned?

My interpretation is that the default rule of "the Methuselah who
played the Master card is the controller of the Master card" applies
regardless of who currently controls the minion the Master card is on
since there is no card text or rule to trump this. Therefore Master
cards played by the original controller of the vampire are burned when
that Methuselah is ousted, regardless of who controlled the vampire
when they were played. Correct?

Thanks
Doug

LSJ

Oct 9, 2002, 8:06:56 AM10/9/02
Doug wrote:

> If a vampire has one or more Master cards played on it and is later
> stolen via Grave Robbing, does the original controller of the vampire
> still control the Master cards on that vampire?

If the original controller of the vampire was the controller of the
master cards to begin with, yes.

Changing control of the minion won't change control of the master cards
on him.

Master cards are controlled by the Methuselah who played them.

> The focus of the
> question concerns what happens when the original controller of the
> vampire is ousted. Are the Master cards played before the change of
> control burned?

If the controller of the master card is ousted, the master card is burned.

> My interpretation is that the default rule of "the Methuselah who
> played the Master card is the controller of the Master card" applies
> regardless of who currently controls the minion the Master card is on
> since there is no card text or rule to trump this. Therefore Master

Correct.

> cards played by the original controller of the vampire are burned when
> that Methuselah is ousted, regardless of who controlled the vampire
> when they were played. Correct?

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

John P.

Oct 9, 2002, 10:22:05 AM10/9/02
So just for clairity's sake
Which of the following are removed when I am ousted?

My Palatial estate on my vampire, who was then grave-robbed
Master skill cards on my vampire, who was then grave-robbed
My Charnas the imp, played on my opponents vampire
My disarm, played on an opponents vampire

And it now occurs to me.... from the rule book:
"If you are ousted, all the cards you control are burned. Any of your opponents' cards you may control are placed in their
respective owners' ash heaps "

Does this mean if Charnas the Imp is on one of my minions and I am ousted, the minion is burnt
and I can place charnas on any other minion as a last spiteful gesture?
Does it matter if it is my Charnas or somebody else's?

Thanks,
-JTP

LSJ

Oct 9, 2002, 10:41:16 AM10/9/02
"John P." wrote:

> So just for clairity's sake
> Which of the following are removed when I am ousted?
>
> My Palatial estate on my vampire, who was then grave-robbed

Minion cards are controlled by the controller of the minion.
You do not control the minion => you do not control the Estate (a
minion card) on the minion => it doesn't care if you're ousted.

> Master skill cards on my vampire, who was then grave-robbed

Master cards are controlled by the Methuselah who played them.
You control the skill cards => the skill cards are burned when you
are ousted.

> My Charnas the imp, played on my opponents vampire

See "minion cards" above.

> My disarm, played on an opponents vampire

See "minion cards" above.

> And it now occurs to me.... from the rule book:
> "If you are ousted, all the cards you control are burned. Any of your opponents' cards you may control are placed in their
> respective owners' ash heaps "
>
> Does this mean if Charnas the Imp is on one of my minions and I am ousted, the minion is burnt
> and I can place charnas on any other minion as a last spiteful gesture?

No. Charnas is burned when you are ousted (since you control him).
[LSJ 01-NOV-1999], [LSJ 03-APR-2001]

> Does it matter if it is my Charnas or somebody else's?

No.

Marty

Oct 9, 2002, 12:22:51 PM10/9/02
mess...@yahoo.com (Doug) wrote in message news:<2778f4d5.02100...@posting.google.com>...

And following on from this, a blood doll on a stolen vampire - can it be used?

Marty

LSJ

Oct 9, 2002, 12:24:34 PM10/9/02
Marty wrote:
> And following on from this, a blood doll on a stolen vampire - can it be used?

Yes, by explicit card text.

Akaisuisei

Oct 9, 2002, 5:19:56 PM10/9/02
Wait a minute....

...used by who ????

If I take control of one of my opponent's vampire with a blood doll on, who
can take out blood ????

Thanks.

Akaisuisei

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

Frederick Scott

Oct 9, 2002, 7:01:45 PM10/9/02
Akaisuisei wrote:
> If I take control of one of my opponent's vampire with a blood doll on, who
> can take out blood ????

You - per text of Blood Doll, which specifically refers to the _vampire's_
controller, not the card's controller. If your opponent is ousted, however,
the Blood Doll will still go away.

Fred