Ahrimanes Newsletter #35

Jazzbeaux

Mar 31, 2008, 10:10:47 AM3/31/08
Ahrimanes Newsletter #35 31.03.08
[ AHRIMANES NEWSLETTER ]

1.0 - Editorial

1.1 Word From the Editor
1.2 Next Issue

2.0 - Deck

3.1
3.2 Sign Off

--[1.1 - Word from the Editor]----------------------

Well with no tournament winning Ahrimane decks in the past month, you
will have to put up with my Ahrimane deck instead. Then you have the
updated index for the NLs, so you can look up all that past goodness.

--[1.2 -Next Issue]------------------------------------

I will have a break next month, while I wait for some more cards to
come out that are suitable for the Ahrimanes. I have managed 32
consecutive issues of Ahimane Mayhem, which I feel is quite an
achievement with any clan newsletter let alone a bloodlines clan.

--[3.1 - Deck: Ahrimanes 2008]--------------------

This month I present one of my decks, which is my new build for the
Ahrimanes - hence the name Ahrimanes 2008. Anyway after looking at
the group 4 Ahrimanes I decided that the group 2 ones are still
better, and stuck with the same crypt as Ahrimanes 2007. I then
looked at which new library cards could be substituted into the deck,
and drew up a short list of them.

New for 2008
Vessel, somewhat of a replacement for Blood Doll, also gives a measure
of control over your predator and prey by eliminating some blood flow.
Taunt the Caged Beast, I like the idea of my predator and preys
minions battering each other, I am not so keen on the blood gain.
Underbridge Stray, a potential blocker, additional presses, but extra
actions to get into play and blood cost.
Flesh Bond, utility card with both 2R and S:CE, but often edged out by
more powerful specific versions of both such as Aid from Bats and
Majesty.
Sense the Savage Way, more untap and intercept, but capacity
restrictions.
Public Trust, gives more ousting power, but with blood cost and
lacking the flexibility of Enchant Kindred.
Enrage/Blood Lust, additional rushes with extra options on top,
however needs multiples of them to be really effective.
Dream World, bleed modifier all round, but only for successful bleeds
so better sticking with Enchant Kindred.
Unholy Penance, good, giving the additional bleed damage, but doesn't
have the untap of Majesty.
Abbot, is it a replacement for Raven Spy? However only works on D
actions.
Monster, even more untap but with the requirements and blood cost.
Camera Phone, some permanent bleed modifiers, always useful.
Sheepdog, some bloat options and plenty of ways to get around the
untap penalty, however is it better than Engling Fury?
Young Bloods, another ally for the mix?
Wash, another layer of control to add to the deck, but what to remove.
On the Qui Vive, replacement for Forced Awakening not least of which
because Ossian can use it for that surprise managling.

Deck Name : Ahrimanes 2008
Author : Sam Marsh

After looking at the list I chose some minor modifications over last
years deck list, with the following cards being changed.

-1 Nose of the Hound, -3 Blood Doll, -4 Forced Awakening,
+1 Engling Fury, +3 Vessel, +4 On the Qui Vive

The additional Engling Fury was added to offset the cost of the three
Vessels, although the lost of the Nose of the Hound means you have
lost some control abilities. The On the Qui Vives add a little more
flexibility, although I have some concerns about having a turn with
all four in my hand and thus being only able to block one or two
actions. Anyway will have to see how it turns out.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 4 max: 8 average: 6.5

4x Howler 8 ANI PRE SPI obf Ahrimane:2
3x Siamese, The 7 PRE SPI ani pro Ahrimane:2
2x Bear Paw 5 ANI for pre pro Gangrel:1
1x Cynthia Ingold 6 SPI ani for pre Ahrimane:2
1x Nettie Hale 5 ani cel pre pro spi Ahrimane:2
1x Juanita Santiago 4 ani pre spi Ahrimane:2

Library [90 cards]
Action [12]
2x Army of Rats
3x Enchant Kindred
3x Engling Fury
2x Entrancement
2x Nose of the Hound

Ally [1]
1x Ossian

Combat [31]
10x Aid from Bats
2x Canine Horde
10x Carrion Crows
3x Majesty
6x Taste of Vitae

Combat/Action Modifier [5]
5x Swiftness of the Stag

Master [16]
2x Animalism
2x Direct Intervention
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Erciyes Fragments, The
2x Fame
1x Giant's Blood
1x Powerbase: Montreal
2x Smiling Jack, The Anarch
3x Vessel

Reaction [20]
4x Cats' Guidance
4x Falcon's Eye
4x On the Qui Vive
8x Speak with Spirits

Retainer [5]
1x Mr. Winthrop
4x Raven Spy

I have played it only once so far this year, when it managed to torpor
all of my predators and preys minions before we got to time. It was a
slower game than some due to playing with six players. I will have to
try it again soon.

Another index for you, so you can find all those essential Ahrimane
articles.

3rd Edition cards brief overview - issue 17
Abbot - issue 19
Abombwe cards overview - issue 18
Aggravated Spirits (DL) - issue 24
Ahrimanes 2008 (DL) - issue 35
Ahrimane Abombwe (DL) - issue 18
Ahrimanes_4 (DL) - issue 30
Ahrimanes... again >:-) (DL) - issue 24
Ahrimane Block Prevention (DL) - issue 10
Ahrimane Championship (DL) - issue 6
Ahrimane Howling (DL) - issue 4
Ahrimane Laibon (DL) - issue 15
Ahrimane Murder of Crows (DL) - issue 9
Ahrimane Non Skill - issue 19
Ahrimane Protectorate - issue 19
Ahrimane Raptors (DL) - issue 16
Ahrimanes v142 (DL) - issue 24
Ahrimanes v15 (DL) - issue 24
Ahrimane Wall (DL) - issue 6
Ahrimane Winner (DL) - issue 20
Ahrimanes Die Imbued Die (DL) - issue 14
Ahrimanes WES JOL (DL) - issue 7
Ahrimanes WES JOL 2 (DL) - issue 24
Ahrimanes New Wall (DL) - issue 13
Ahrimanes No Muricia (DL) - issue 8
Ahrimanes Share (DL) - issue 7
Ahrimanes Toolbox (DL) - issue 16
Aiyana, The Wolfcatcher - issue 25
Aksinya Daclau - issue 22
All in Favor, Howl "Yea" (DL) - issue 4
All In favour MOD (DL) - issue 4
Anarch Overview and Combos - issue 26
Anarch Sniper Cats (DL) - issue 21
Anarchic Ahrimanes (DL) - issue 33
Andrew WES Weston interview - issue 32
Approximation of Loyalty - issue 10
Armor of Caine's Fury - issue 25
Atonement - issue 19
Aye - issue 15
Bear Paw - issue 5
Bitch Fight (DL) - issue 9
Bloodstone - issue 19
Botched Move - issue 20
Botched Move (combo) - issue 27
Centralised Background Check- issue 14.
Chiram's Hold - issue 20
Chiram's Hold (combo) - issue 27
Clan Impersonation - issue 28
Communal Haven: Temple - issue 19
Cull the Herd - issue 11
Cynthia Ingold - issue 20
Czech Nationals 2007 Winner (DL) - issue 32
David Quiñonero-Santiago interview - issue 31
Dog Pack (combo) - issue 27
Effie Lowery. - issue 13
Elephant Guardian - issue 15
Flock of Birds (DL) - issue 5
Fish - issue 28
Friday night in Atlanta (DL) - issue 5
Gran Madre di Dio, Italy - issue 20
Group 4 Ahrimane? - issue 30
Guardian Angel - issue 19
Hourglass of the Mind - issue 28
Howler - issue 6
Index - issue 22
Index - issue 35
Illegal Search and Seizure - issue 14
Internal Recursion - issue 25
Juanita Santiago - issue 19
Laibon Overview - issue 15
LoB cards brief overview - issue 8
LotN cards brief overview - issue 29
LoQuipment brief overview - issue 12
Lumumba - issue 27
Maria Stone - issue 12
Ministry - issue 19
Mozambique Allure - issue 15
Muricia - issue 7, plus combo issue 28
Neighbourhood Watch Commander - issue 6
Nettie Hale - done issue 15
No Secrets From the Magaji - issue 15
Number of the Beast (DL) - issue 13
Owl Companion - issue 7
Pack Alpha - issue 5
Pack Alpha (combo) - issue 27
Pet Shop Girls, The (DL) - issue 31
Phased Motion Sensor - issue 19
Prophesies of Gehenna - issue 11
Rayzeel's Song - issue 25
Rigor Mortis - issue 25
Roberts Ahrimanes (DL) - issue 24
Sandra White - issue 11
Sandras Buffet (DL) - issue 11
Scrounging - issue 28
Sobayifa - issue 14
SoC cards brief overview - issue 23
Swarm - issue 15
Spontaneous Power - issue 4
Squirrel Balance - issue 10
Sterile Maidens and a Few Random Pimps (DL) - issue 9
Summon Spirit Beast (combo) - issue 27
Swiftness of the Stag - issue 7
Terra Incognita - issue 15
Terrror Frenzy - issue 14
Terror Frenzy (combo) - issue 27
Touch of Pain - issue 28
The Puppy Poem - issue 5
The reincarnation of an ornithologist, mark II (DL) - issue 16
The reincarnation of an ornithologist, mark III (DL) - issue 34
The Siamese - issue 10
The Siamese (covered again) - issue 18
The Summoning (combo) - issue 27
Tools of the Trade - issue 21
Una - issue 4
Unburdening the Bestial Soul - issue 25
Underbridge Stray - issue 33
Veszprem Mini-Qualifier (DL) - issue 28
Victim of Habit - issue 13
Vultures Buffet - issue 12
Vultures Buffet (combo) - issue 27
Vulture Eaters v1.0 (DL) - issue 34
Waxen Poetica - issue 20
Wildebeest, The - issue 2

--[3.2 - Sign Off]-------------------------------------

My last newsletter for a while, as I think that I have exhausted both
the current Ahrimane cards, and my thoughts on those few remaining
cards that lurk on the sidelines. I hope you have all enjoyed at
least something that has come up in the past 32 issues; I have
certainly found it useful to look at one clan in great detail. I will
still be accepting input for future issues so send anything suitable
to me at princeofbath AT hotmail.co.uk
Hope to see some of you at a tournament some where soon.

Sam

*