[TWD] Czech NC 2008 - small report

I. M. Bur

Jun 11, 2008, 8:12:25 AM6/11/08
On Saturday 7th June 2008, 30 players from the whole country and also
several Hungarian guests gathered to battle for the title of Czech
National Champion. Three rounds of fierce battles have put forth the
following five players to battle in the final (sorted by seed):

Csaba Greguss from Budapest(HU) (2GW 11VP playing Setite Breed and politics)
Jan Panovec from Jihlava(CZ) (2GW 8VP playing some kind of !Ventrue
wallish toolbox)
Martin Pacev from Jablunka(CZ) (2GW 7VP playing weenie AUS with Anarch
Revolts)
Michal Bartos from Vsetin(CZ) (1GW 7VP playing !Tremere bleeder)
Gyula Erdos from Szekesfehervar(HU) (1GW 6VP playing POT princes)

The order was the following:
Michal Bartos -> Jan Panovec -> Gyula Erdos -> Martin Pacev -> Csaba Greguss

The AUS weenies came out strong with a Revolt and blocked several
actions of the Setites. The !Ventrue were pressed hard between the
!Tremere bleeding them and POT combat in front. In quick succession, the
!Ventrue lost one vampire to the POT guys and Owain got a shiny Pentex.
At about the same time, the AUS weenies played two more Revolts, but
slowly jammed their hand and almost stopped blocking. This allowed the
Setites to regain some ground with couple of Waters of Duat and a Boon
or two. They also pushed both forward and backward with Reckless
Agitation and KRC in order to gain the princes' votes (having none
themselves).
With almost no defense in front of them, the !Tremere made their move -
they played a Spirit Summoning Chamber while on 3 pool (leaving them
with 1), used it to get a Perfect Clarity and bled the !Ventrue out.
The princes managed to dump the only 2 weenie AUS anarchs, ousting the
player with his own Revolts.
This made the game rather quick - the Setites had no problem ousting the
!Tremere with 7 pool by bleeding and some PA. However, with no votes on
the table and no real combat defense, the Setites just were no match for
the POT princes and lost in a few minutes.

The winner of the tournament: Gyula Erdos with 3VP + GW in the final.
(Note that he went into the finals as last seed.)

Below you can find the winning deck:

Deck Name : Czech NC 2008 TWD
Author : Gyula Erdos

Crypt [13 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 7 average: 4.69231

2x Nikolaus Vermeulen 7 POT ani for obf prince Nosferatu:2
2x Calebros, The Mart 5 ANI obf pot prince Nosferatu:2
2x Volker, The Puppet 5 CEL pot prince Brujah:2
1x Murat 7 OBF POT ser prince Nosferatu:2
1x Rake 6 PRE aus cel pot prince Brujah:1
1x Hector Sosa 4 POT pre Brujah:1
1x Dre, Leader of the 3 cel pot Brujah:1
1x Duck 3 obf pot Nosferatu:1
1x KoKo 2 pot Nosferatu:1
1x Lupo 2 pot Brujah:1

Library [90 cards]

Action [10]
2x Blood Hunt
6x Bum's Rush
2x Fourth Tradition: The Accounting

Combat [40]
4x Disarm
2x Earthshock
1x Glancing Blow
11x Immortal Grapple
3x Slam
5x Target Vitals
6x Taste of Vitae
1x Thrown Sewer Lid
7x Torn Signpost

Master [14]
1x Archon Investigation
1x Depravity
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
2x Fame
3x Haven Uncovered
1x Labyrinth, The
1x Oxford University, England
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Storm Sewers
1x Warzone Hunting Ground

Political Action [15]
2x Anathema
1x Brujah Justicar
5x Kine Resources Contested
1x Nosferatu Justicar
5x Parity Shift
1x Praxis Seizure: Rome

Reaction [11]
11x Second Tradition: Domain

Complete results of the tournament:

Final Rank Name Prelim GWs Prelim VPs Final VPs TPs
1 Gyula Erdos 1 6 3 138
2 Csaba Greguss 2 11 1 168
3 Michal Bartos 1 7 1 144
4 Jan Panovec 2 8 0 144
5 Martin Pacev 2 7 0 168
6 Radek Krotil 1 6 126
6 Robin Prochazka 1 6 126
8 Jan Laus 1 4,5 156
9 Vit Blecha 1 4,5 132
9 Zsolt Cziraki 1 4,5 132
11 Jiri Rubes 1 4 108
12 Pavel Hruby 1 3 108
13 Jan Koci 1 2,5 108
14 Martin Bartko 0 3 126
15 Jakub Simek 0 3 114
16 Daniel Gargulak 0 2 102
17 Vratislav Kucera 0 1 102
17 Pavel Matusek 0 1 102
19 Milan Kosek 0 1 90
20 Jakub Rypar 0 1 72
21 Ondrej Douda 0 0,5 84
22 Lubomir Gargulak 0 0 84
22 Tomas Piling 0 0 84
24 Jakub Hrbacek 0 0 78
24 Lukas Vrbicky 0 0 78
24 Ondrej Liska 0 0 78
24 David Wittmann 0 0 78
28 Petr Michalik 0 0 72
29 Jakub Marek 0 0 66
DQ Petr Smejkal 0 0 72

I want to thank everyone who came to play and also big thanks to
Johannes Walch, who provided prize support on a last minute's notice.

--
Jiri Rubes, aka I. M. Bur

ben...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2008, 10:45:08 AM6/11/08

That makes 4 ECQs won by Hungarians this year - Bratislava,
Budapest, Burton-on-Trent, and Prague. Yikes.

- Ben Peal

The Lasombra

Jun 11, 2008, 7:00:01 PM6/11/08
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:12:25 +0200, "I. M. Bur" wrote:

>On Saturday 7th June 2008,

Really?

I don't find any tournaments for Hungary on the White Wolf site on
that date.

http://www.white-wolf.com/events/search.php

These are all that I am finding.

4/19/2008
5/24/2008
6/28/2008

Here's hoping you get it all worked out and posted correctly.

-----------------------------------

Tournament Winning Deck Archive FAQ

Over 900 Tournament Winning Decks are archived here:

By date:
http://www.thelasombra.com/decks/twd.htm

By average capacity:
http://www.thelasombra.com/decks/capacity-twd.htm

By clan:
http://www.thelasombra.com/decks/clan-twd.htm

To get your deck added to the archive, do the following:

1) Schedule a standard constructed deck tournament thru the following
Vampire: Elder Kindred Network event calendar:
http://www.white-wolf.com/events/add.php

2) Notice that storyline tournament winning decks and multi-deck
tournament winners are not archived on this page.

3) Type up a tournament report and post it to the Usenet newsgroup:
rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad

4) Include the following information in your report:
a) name of event
b) location of event
c) date of event
d) number of players in attendance at event
e) the correct full name of the winning player
f) the entire correct contents of the deck

5) After reading your report, I will verify that it was on the
official schedule, and if it had 10 or more players in attendance, I
will add the deck to the archive with no additional work on your part.

Claim your 15 minutes of fame.

ben...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2008, 7:49:58 PM6/11/08
The Lasombra wrote:
> Really?
>
> I don't find any tournaments for Hungary on the White Wolf site on
> that date.
>
> http://www.white-wolf.com/events/search.php
>
> These are all that I am finding.
>
> 4/19/2008
> 5/24/2008
> 6/28/2008

It wasn't in Hungary. It was in the Czech Republic:

http://www.white-wolf.com/events/eventdisplay.php?id=4606

- Ben Peal

The Lasombra

Jun 11, 2008, 11:02:13 PM6/11/08
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:49:58 -0700 (PDT), ben...@gmail.com wrote:

> It wasn't in Hungary. It was in the Czech Republic:

> http://www.white-wolf.com/events/eventdisplay.php?id=4606

Excellent detective work Ben.

Wouldn't it have been so much easier if the correct information had
simply been posted the first time?

(Wouldn't it have been nice if I hadn't been so confused by your
Hungarian post that I had looked under Czech Republic?)

I. M. Bur

Jun 12, 2008, 9:12:59 AM6/12/08
The Lasombra napsal(a):

Do you mean something like the subject of the post?

--
-bur

I. M. Bur

Jun 12, 2008, 9:15:11 AM6/12/08
ben...@gmail.com napsal(a):

> That makes 4 ECQs won by Hungarians this year - Bratislava,
> Budapest, Burton-on-Trent, and Prague. Yikes.

Not that it matters really, but it was a NC (not ECQ) and it was in
Brno, not Prague.

Seems like I missed all the important parts in my post and kept just the
boring details...

--
-bur

The Lasombra

Jun 12, 2008, 6:23:48 PM6/12/08
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:12:59 +0200, "I. M. Bur" <bura...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Do you mean something like the subject of the post?

No.

I mean that all of the details required for entry into the TWDA should
have been in body of the post.

Its not like there aren't 500+ examples in the TWDA.

And dozens of posts asking for the full information everytime critical
information is left out.

If you had posted the City the tournament was held in, I would have
searched by City, and the deck would have been in the TWDA.

Nothing has happened, at this point.

http://www.thelasombra.com/faq_twda.htm

Tournament Winning Deck Archive FAQ

4) Include the following information in your report:

Salem

Jun 12, 2008, 6:29:24 PM6/12/08
I. M. Bur wrote:
> ben...@gmail.com napsal(a):
>>
>> That makes 4 ECQs won by Hungarians this year - Bratislava,
>> Budapest, Burton-on-Trent, and Prague. Yikes.
>
> Not that it matters really, but it was a NC (not ECQ) and it was in
> Brno, not Prague.
>
> Seems like I missed all the important parts in my post and kept just the
> boring details...

personally, i thought the subject line should have given the readers
some hints as to where and what the tournament was...

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'yahoo' to email)

I. M. Bur

Jun 13, 2008, 4:51:42 AM6/13/08
> Tournament Winning Deck Archive FAQ
>
> 4) Include the following information in your report:
> a) name of event
> b) location of event
> c) date of event
> d) number of players in attendance at event
> e) the correct full name of the winning player
> f) the entire correct contents of the deck

Czech National Championsip 2008
Brno, Czech Republic
7th June 2008
30 players
Winner: Gyula Erdos

TWD can be found in root of the thread.

Sorry for not posting it right. It's the first time I'm reporting a
tournament. I promise it will be better next time.

Regards,

Kumi

Jun 13, 2008, 10:27:33 AM6/13/08
On Jun 12, 3:15 pm, "I. M. Bur" <bural...@gmail.com> wrote:
> benp...@gmail.com napsal(a):

> >   That makes 4 ECQs won by Hungarians this year - Bratislava,
> > Budapest, Burton-on-Trent, and Prague.  Yikes.
>
> Not that it matters really, but it was a NC (not ECQ) and it was in
> Brno, not Prague.

Nevertheless Ben's comment still holds as Hungarians won the ECQs in
Bratislava, Budapest, Burton-on-Trent and Prague.

/Kumi

Johannes Walch

Jun 15, 2008, 8:03:35 AM6/15/08
ben...@gmail.com schrieb:

> That makes 4 ECQs won by Hungarians this year - Bratislava,
> Budapest, Burton-on-Trent, and Prague. Yikes.
>

> - Ben Peal

We are on the chase with Frankfurt, Brussels and Gothenburg :)

rob...@mindspring.com

Jun 16, 2008, 11:45:14 AM6/16/08
On Jun 12, 9:15 am, "I. M. Bur" <bural...@gmail.com> wrote:
> benp...@gmail.com napsal(a):

This matters to me. The finalists are now qualified for any of the
Continenal Championship events.

Robyn Tatu