unofficial report of the Swiss ECQ, Geneva March 22nd 2008

1 view

Stone

Apr 7, 2008, 2:06:02 PM4/7/08
15 players gathered in Geneva on saturday, March 22nd 2008 for the Swiss
ECQ.
12 of those were french, so it was kind of an invasion. Some of the famous
Swiss players weren't there, either because they weren't available or
because they were taking a break in the game, I hope the Swiss Academy will
grow strong once more. But anyway, it was nice to see Olivier Perez again,
among others (Loic, Guillaume, the french players from Nice and Grenoble,
Marius etc).

A short report of the finals (5th seed was like 1GW3.5VP or something)

Seating in the final :
Kamel (weenie dementation) -> Krid (weenie animalism with War Ghouls) ->
Marius (Eurobrujah) -> TTC (animalism rush) -> Ophelie (weenie auspex with
Victoria as star vamp and usually Madness Network, no MN in the finals
though)

Kamel was top seed and chose to sit behind the weenie animalism, which could
seem a bold choice considering he only had 1 Midget and less stealth
compared to a regular !malk S&B deck.
Kamel gets Eddie Gaines on turn 1, bleeds heavily on turn 2 (with skill
dementation), then gets torporized on turn 3. Krid, Ophelie and TTC get a
few low-cap vampires out. Eddie Gaines gets rescued, surprisingly by his
predator Ophelie, who probably wanted Marius to have less pressure in order
to move forward. TTC prepares his setup of kill by putting Fame+Haven
Uncovered on Victoria and constant bleeds. Ophelie's defense is based on
Disguised Weapon+a weapon with agg damage, but TTC is known to play many
Terror Frenzy. Marius's vampires get into combat with prey and pred and he's
quite damaged in the process.

Kamel keeps moving forward on Krid (he chose to spend influence on fetching
Midget instead of going for the Fabrizia Contreraz/Creation Rite route, and
got Midget as the 6th vampire in crypt), who got a War Ghoul out but it gets
stolen with Restructure. Moving in for the penultimate bleed, Kamel gets
blocked via Ophelie's Eagle Sight. Kamel punishes her with a back-bleed that
lowers Ophelie down to 4 pool. TTC moves in for the kill but Ophelie top
decks all the intercept needed to place meatshield vamps to protect
Victoria. She will be ousted on TTC's next turn, however, and Krid is ousted
soon after (hell, maybe it was a bit before, can't remember so don't sue
me).

Only 3 players remaining : Kamel and Marius agree on a truce until TTC goes
down, with cross-table rescue torpor actions etc. TTC resists with all his
might in this 2 vs 1 configuration and torporizes all but one of Marius'
vampires but his pool is quite low. Kamel promised Marius TTC would die
first : he plays Pentex Subversion on Marius's only vampire (Constanza,
IIRC), then back-kills TTC with Kindred Spirit. Marius gets a VP but his
position in the duel is hopeless, as Kamel pounds on his pool too fast for
Marius to get another vampire out.

Kamel wins the final with 3VP, congratulations to him ! He wins a 3rd ed box
of boosters.

A roughly equivalent report can be found in french, with pictures, here :
http://www.veknfrance.com/site/article.php3?id_article=206

Here is the decklist :
Deck Name: Miami Vice
Created By: Romain Naďm
Played By : Kamel Senni

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 6, Max: 18, Avg: 3,08)
1 Midget obf pre DEM 3 Malkavian
Antitribu
3 Eddie Gaines dem pot 1 Caitiff
3 Fabrizia Contreraz dem pot 4 Malkavian
Antitribu
3 Jackie DEM 3 Malkavian
Antitribu
1 Apache Jones aus for obf DEM 5 Malkavian
Antitribu
1 Uncle George aus dom obf DEM 5 Malkavian
Antitribu

Library: (70 cards)
-------------------
Master (17 cards)
1 Coven, The
8 Dementation
1 Parthenon, The
1 Giant`s Blood
4 Vessel
1 Institution Hunting Ground
1 Heidelberg Castle, Germany

Action (24 cards)
16 Kindred Spirits
3 Restructure
5 Creation Rites

Action Modifier (19 cards)
8 Confusion
7 Mind Tricks
4 Eyes of Chaos

Equipment (1 cards)
1 Enchanted Marionette

Event (2 cards)
1 Uncoiling, The
1 Narrow Minds

Combo (7 cards)
7 Deny

This deck was last saved at 21:57:38 on 31/03/2008

Thanks to Thilo for organizing and judging ; personal fond thanks to
Miriadel/Olivier Perez for his hospitality, hitting Geneva once more was a
blast (especially that Murder Party designed for 8 players, with 7 people
playing and no one taking the murderer huh :p ).
Stone

lon...@dlc.fi

Apr 8, 2008, 4:11:00 AM4/8/08
On Apr 7, 9:06 pm, "Stone" <mc_judge_st...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Kamel wins the final with 3VP, congratulations to him ! He wins a 3rd ed box
> of boosters.

Congrats to Kamel.
Boy, does that deck look lean and mean with the very limited number of
different cards!

Cheers,
Janne/Lönkka
www.ahmametal.com
www.myspace.com/iwearnohelmet

marcu...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2008, 6:13:14 AM4/8/08
On Apr 7, 8:06 pm, "Stone" <mc_judge_st...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Only 3 players remaining : Kamel and Marius agree on a truce until TTC goes
> down, with cross-table rescue torpor actions etc. TTC resists with all his
> might in this 2 vs 1 configuration and torporizes all but one of Marius'
> vampires but his pool is quite low. Kamel promised Marius TTC would die
> first : he plays Pentex Subversion on Marius's only vampire (Constanza,
> IIRC), then back-kills TTC with Kindred Spirit. Marius gets a VP but his
> position in the duel is hopeless, as Kamel pounds on his pool too fast for
> Marius to get another vampire out.

Are you sure the deck list is correct? It did not include a Pentex
Subversion?

Kind regards,

Marcus

Stone

Apr 8, 2008, 7:11:52 AM4/8/08

<marcu...@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de

> Are you sure the deck list is correct? It did not include a Pentex
> Subversion?

hm
now that's a problem...the player who made the deck had actually told me the
decklist on the phone from memory.
and Kamel did play a Pentex, that's for sure. ah well. it'll take time to
get the proper decklist, then. Sorry about that, it's getting un unfortunate
habit to post errors >.<
Stone

Stone

Apr 8, 2008, 7:42:30 AM4/8/08

"Stone" <mc_judg...@yahoo.fr> a écrit dans le message de

> <marcu...@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
>
> > Are you sure the deck list is correct? It did not include a Pentex
> > Subversion?

ok, that was quicker than I thought. The decklist is incorrect in that there
is no Parthenon, and there is a Pentex Subversion instead :
Tournament Winning Deck

Deck Name: Miami Vice
Created By: Romain Naïm

Played By : Kamel Senni

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 6, Max: 18, Avg: 3,08)
1 Midget obf pre DEM 3 Malkavian Antitribu
3 Eddie Gaines dem pot 1 Caitiff
3 Fabrizia Contreraz dem pot 4 Malkavian Antitribu
3 Jackie DEM 3 Malkavian Antitribu
1 Apache Jones aus for obf DEM 5 Malkavian Antitribu
1 Uncle George aus dom obf DEM 5 Malkavian Antitribu

Library: (70 cards)
-------------------
Master (17 cards)
1 Coven, The
8 Dementation

1 Pentex Subversion

1 Giant`s Blood
4 Vessel
1 Institution Hunting Ground
1 Heidelberg Castle, Germany

Action (24 cards)
16 Kindred Spirits
3 Restructure
5 Creation Rites

Action Modifier (19 cards)
8 Confusion
7 Mind Tricks
4 Eyes of Chaos

Equipment (1 cards)
1 Enchanted Marionette

Event (2 cards)
1 Uncoiling, The
1 Narrow Minds

Combo (7 cards)
7 Deny

sorry about that, really.
Stone

ben...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2008, 8:17:55 AM4/8/08
Marcus wrote:
> Are you sure the deck list is correct? It did not include a Pentex
> Subversion?

At first I thought you were making a joke about Kamel, because he
always puts Pentex Subversion in his deck. :)

Congrats on the win, Kamel!

- Ben Peal

marcu...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2008, 11:03:17 AM4/8/08
On Apr 8, 12:42 pm, "Stone" <mc_judge_st...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> ok, that was quicker than I thought. The decklist is incorrect in that there
> is no Parthenon, and there is a Pentex Subversion instead :
> Tournament Winning Deck

Now this makes perfect sense. I guess the Parthenon is not really
necessary in the deck.

Thanks for the update!

Kind regards,

Marcus