FELDB Update - Lords of the Night (2.4.0 beta)

Bala

Oct 5, 2007, 5:40:00 AM10/5/07

I've updated the FELDB with the new expansion, you can download from
here:
http://member.rpg.hu/bala/FELDB.zip

If you use the Inventory, please make a copy from your vtes.db, and
Export your inventory before update.
After update you can import your inventory.
Sorry for this inconvenience. :(

But, good news, you can see during the filtering the card's picure.
You should download a zip file from here: http://feldb.extra.hu/pictures.zip
then unzip to a new directory called "pictures" in Your FELDB
directory.

Then in the properties menu you can turn on the picture-showing. :)

If you have the pictures of the new cards, please send it to me. (they
are missing yet)

If you hava any problem or question feel free to ask.

regards,
Bala

Vragozakas

Oct 5, 2007, 7:00:44 AM10/5/07
Bala, let me say that this version with pictures is simply amazing!

Great work!

Orpheus

Oct 5, 2007, 7:23:26 AM10/5/07
> Bala, let me say that this version with pictures is simply amazing!
>
> Great work!

Yes, it is !

Just a few things I noticed with a (very) quick browsing : Alan Sovereign
Adv's picture us smaller than the rest, and I guess you know that the LoTN
pictures don't appear yet.

Good job though.
--
Orpheus
--------------------

FredGenest

Oct 5, 2007, 8:00:02 AM10/5/07
On Oct 5, 5:40 am, Bala <kbk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've updated the FELDB with the new expansion, you can download from
> here:http://member.rpg.hu/bala/FELDB.zip

> If you hava any problem or question feel free to ask.

Hi there.

Nice work with FELDB; my playgroup use this software almost
exclusively. ;-)

Two questions/comments:
1) Since we have a new card type ("aim"), you might want to add it to
the Library Filter "by CardText" to help us sort them out of the
regular combat cards.
2) I often notice typos and such in the card text. Not a big things,
but bothersome at time. How is the DB built? So that I might edit
those typos when I see them and, eventually, send you a corrected
one. ;-)

Thanks for the good work, and regards,

Fred Genest

freakdrivr

Oct 5, 2007, 12:30:57 PM10/5/07
On Oct 5, 5:40 am, Bala <kbk...@gmail.com> wrote:

This works so well - congratulations! well done.

both of fred Genest's comments i agree with - also notice the
occasional typo.

great work!

thanks again!

adam....@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2007, 4:12:06 PM10/5/07
On Oct 5, 5:40 am, Bala <kbk...@gmail.com> wrote:

I always use this program. It rocks!!!!

The pictures are a great feature added too.

Here is my bug of the day though:

Swiss Cut (master card) requires........ Animalism??? LOL

Great work!

Bala

Oct 6, 2007, 8:04:06 AM10/6/07
Yeah, I know lot of misstypes in the new card texts, I'll fix it.

Anyway, Fred, you want to modify the database directly?
if you go to the SQLite website, you can download the sqlite3.exe,
then you can do it.
Or, if you send me the corrected text, I'll put it into the
database. :)

Thanks,
Bala

shawn stanley

Oct 6, 2007, 8:56:33 AM10/6/07

So is it just me who downloads the FELDB.zip file or the vampire.zip
file from either site and then doesn't get any LotN cards showing up?

Frederick Scott

Oct 6, 2007, 1:56:06 PM10/6/07
"Bala" <kbk...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1191577200.7...@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com...

> Hi,
>
> I've updated the FELDB with the new expansion, you can download from
> here:
> http://member.rpg.hu/bala/FELDB.zip
>
> If you use the Inventory, please make a copy from your vtes.db, and
> Export your inventory before update.
> After update you can import your inventory.
> Sorry for this inconvenience. :(
>
> But, good news, you can see during the filtering the card's picure.
> You should download a zip file from here: http://feldb.extra.hu/pictures.zip
> then unzip to a new directory called "pictures" in Your FELDB
> directory.
>
> Then in the properties menu you can turn on the picture-showing. :)\

One bug I noticed: if you spin the wheel on your mouse causing the backlit
line to go up or down, it will show the wrong picture. It shows the picture
of the card that was just backlit before, not the current one.

> If you hava any problem or question feel free to ask.

It still seems to have all kinds of problems loading & building Imbued decks:
1) I could load an imbued deck I'd saved using a previous version. It
threw up an alrert: "range check error".
2) At times (I couldn't figure out what triggers the problem; sometimes
it happens, sometimes it doesn't), it would show no library cards I added
on either the list of library in the lower left quadrant nor the categorized
list on the right hand side. Having Imbued in the crypt was always involved
in some way.
3) When adding Conviction and Power cards, the counts - both in the margin
next to the filtered display of library cards and on the RHS categorized display of
library cards, were wildly off. You'd add one card and it would show an increase
of 3 or 6 or 10 it seemed like. This may be related to the range check error
in #1. If this wildly-incorrect count got over 255, it wouldn't let you add any more
conviction or power cards.

If you like, I could E-mail you a .eld file which demonstrates the non-loading
problem.

Fred

Teeka

Oct 7, 2007, 6:05:14 AM10/7/07
On 5 okt, 11:40, Bala <kbk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But, good news, you can see during the filtering the card's picure.
> You should download a zip file from here:http://feldb.extra.hu/pictures.zip
> then unzip to a new directory called "pictures" in Your FELDB
> directory.
>
> Then in the properties menu you can turn on the picture-showing. :)

I noticed that most vampires that have an ADV, have the same picture
for both versions, Count Germaine for example. Also, quite a few have
a "small" picture as was already mentioned about Alan Souvereign.

Keep up the amazingly good work, though!

Teeka
happy that this DB -does- actually contain Zoo Hunting Ground

shawn stanley

Oct 7, 2007, 8:57:09 AM10/7/07
On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 08:56:33 -0400, shawn stanley
<stan...@pandius.com> wrote:

>So is it just me who downloads the FELDB.zip file or the vampire.zip
>file from either site and then doesn't get any LotN cards showing up?

well now it's working

Salem

Oct 7, 2007, 5:05:15 PM10/7/07

n00b ;)

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'yahoo' to email)

simcof

Oct 7, 2007, 7:14:43 PM10/7/07

This picture version rocks :)

Good work fellas!

Simcof

Bala

Oct 10, 2007, 2:51:38 AM10/10/07
Hi All,

thank you all the nice words and the emails. :)
I'll try to get do my task as soon as i have time.

regards,
Bala

rptre...@aol.com

Oct 10, 2007, 3:07:59 AM10/10/07

It really is a classy bit of software, the picture version is a joy to
build with and is great for me learning a few of the new sets. Nice
one and thanks.

Rob

Raille

Oct 11, 2007, 5:34:52 AM10/11/07

For those people (Like me) who have dial up, could the picture zip
file be chopped into a dozen smaller pieces for easy downloading.

Raille

Salem

Oct 11, 2007, 6:12:54 AM10/11/07

you can get download manager software for that sort of thing. with
auto-resuming and bandwidth allocation settings and stuff.

I use one called FlashGet (although i am on adsl2+, but i have been
using FlashGet since i was on dialup)

rptre...@aol.com

Oct 11, 2007, 6:12:51 AM10/11/07

Don't see why not as the DL contains all the separate jpegs and is
around 1.2meg iirc. Almost better to ask to get a copy burnt on a
couple CD's by a pal or something though as that would take a loooong
time even broken into chunks.

Good luck, its worth it :o)

Bala

Oct 11, 2007, 9:01:21 AM10/11/07
i think I'll be create separate files too soon.

Johannes Walch

Oct 11, 2007, 9:05:37 AM10/11/07
Frederick Scott schrieb:

>> If you hava any problem or question feel free to ask.
> It still seems to have all kinds of problems loading & building Imbued decks:

If the Imbued are broken it´s at least fair that the software be broken
as well :)

--
Johannes Walch

Oko

Oct 11, 2007, 2:24:14 PM10/11/07

Great tool, the best in functions.
Only thing is, the database is littered with mistakes. As I
understand, this is due to manual input. Any way to change the
database system, so as to acoid these mistakes?

Kevin M.

Oct 12, 2007, 3:22:53 PM10/12/07
Oko <Oko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great tool, the best in functions.
> Only thing is, the database is littered with mistakes. As I
> understand, this is due to manual input. Any way to change the
> database system, so as to acoid these mistakes?

What mistakes? Send an email to Bala and he will fix the mistakes and
update the database. He usually does a DB update every month (HINT HINT:)
so your help is greatly appreciated.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy, and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment... Complacency... Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier

Orpheus

Oct 15, 2007, 7:15:39 AM10/15/07
>>> If you hava any problem or question feel free to ask.
>> It still seems to have all kinds of problems loading & building Imbued
>> decks:
>
> If the Imbued are broken it愀 at least fair that the software be broken as
> well :)
>
> --
> Johannes Walch

MUAHAHAHAHAH !!!!!

This guy is funny. :-)

Orpheus

Oct 15, 2007, 7:18:26 AM10/15/07
>i think I'll be create separate files too soon.

And B sure to let us know when the pictures for LoTN are added !

Good job mate. As usual.
--
-----------
"And crawling on the planet's face

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Raille

Oct 17, 2007, 5:36:45 AM10/17/07
On Oct 12, 3:22 pm, "Kevin M." <youw...@imaspammer.org> wrote:
> Oko <Oko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Great tool, the best in functions.
> > Only thing is, the database is littered with mistakes. As I
> > understand, this is due to manual input. Any way to change the
> > database system, so as to acoid these mistakes?
>
> What mistakes? Send an email to Bala and he will fix the mistakes and
> update the database. He usually does a DB update every month (HINT HINT:)
> so your help is greatly appreciated.

Here is what I've encountered with the last set.
Searching for rare and LoN give results that include commons and
starter only cards. Basically any card that lists the letter 'R' in
the set shows up in the search results.

Raille
ps finnally got the picture file downloaded.
thanks Salem!

Salem

Oct 17, 2007, 8:47:30 AM10/17/07
Raille wrote:

> ps finnally got the picture file downloaded.
> thanks Salem!

you're welcome!

Oko

Oct 18, 2007, 3:36:51 AM10/18/07

Neither Jamal nor Thucimia are flagged as "titled" vampires.
Most if not all vampires from the set suffer from spacing typo's. For
instance Jamal's special has text missing spacings, and numerous other
vampries as well.
Can't speak about library cards, since I didn't check those.

It's not a big deal, but it's highly irritating.

Frederick Scott

Oct 18, 2007, 4:33:00 AM10/18/07
"Johannes Walch" <johanne...@vekn.de> wrote in message

> Frederick Scott schrieb:
>>> If you hava any problem or question feel free to ask.
>> It still seems to have all kinds of problems loading & building Imbued decks:
>
> If the Imbued are broken it愀 at least fair that the software be broken as well :)

I don't care who you are, that there's funny!!! :-) :-) :-)

Frederick Scott

Oct 18, 2007, 4:35:29 AM10/18/07
"Bala" <kbk...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1192107681.8...@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com...

>i think I'll be create separate files too soon.

Another problem: I stored deck with 2 Bertrand d'Anjous.
Then, when I read the deck back in, they're gone, and another
vampire has an extra copy.

Fred