Survey: What Promos Do You Need?

echia...@yahoo.com

Nov 9, 2010, 3:45:23 PM11/9/10
Special thanks to all of the feedback so far in the "What Would You
Like to See in VTES Storylines?" thread. As the VTES Storyline
Coordinator, I am taking into consideration all of the comments that
I've been receiving.

Since we obviously can't produce any new, official promo cards, we
will be partly limited by whatever older promos White Wolf still has
in stock. To get a better gauge of what players want or need:

- What promo cards do you (or your playgroup) need more copies of?

- Which promos have you found particularly hard to acquire?

- Which promos do you already have too many copies of and don't need/
want any more? (The Marcus Vitel case is a bit obvious, though I do
wonder if it still applies 8 years later).

Regarding "promo cards," I'm referring to not only various Storyline
Promos, but also Tournament Promos, Championship Promos, and promos
that were released with particular sets.

I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

With regards,
Eric Chiang
VTES Storyline Coordinator

brandonsantacruz

Nov 9, 2010, 3:55:27 PM11/9/10
On Nov 9, 12:45 pm, "echiang...@yahoo.com" <echiang...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I'd like to get my hands on some Prophesies of Gehenna, Marianna
Gilbert, Dan Murdock, Victor Pelletier, Spontaneous Power, Gran Madre
di Dio, Italy, and maybe others. Please no more Walks with Might ;)

Brandon

Curevei

Nov 9, 2010, 4:00:40 PM11/9/10
wrote:
> Since we obviously can't produce any new, official promo cards, we
> will be partly limited by whatever older promos White Wolf still has
> in stock. To get a better gauge of what players want or need:
>
> - What promo cards do you (or your playgroup) need more copies of?
>
> - Which promos have you found particularly hard to acquire?
>
> - Which promos do you already have too many copies of and don't need/
> want any more? (The Marcus Vitel case is a bit obvious, though I do
> wonder if it still applies 8 years later).
>
> Regarding "promo cards," I'm referring to not only various Storyline
> Promos, but also Tournament Promos, Championship Promos, and promos
> that were released with particular sets.

Kind of sketchy with recent years, assuming they are all listed on
WW's site.

Seek:
Dan Murdock
Mariana Gilbert

Meddling of Semsith

Angelo

Victor Pelletier

Abactor
Inceptor

Excessive:
Virtually everything else prior to 2009. Maybe not some of the
vampires that have regular copies - those don't hit my radar.
Specifically for Erciyes and Prophecies, I have a full (including
shirt) Prophecies League kit still.

Brum

Nov 9, 2010, 4:01:55 PM11/9/10
Hi Eric.

Marianna Gilbert and Dan Murdock, Eye of Hazimel and normal Nergal.

Tiago

Peter D Bakija

Nov 9, 2010, 4:04:10 PM11/9/10
On Nov 9, 4:01 pm, Brum <tiago.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Marianna Gilbert and Dan Murdock, Eye of Hazimel and normal Nergal.

I imagine that Mariana Gilbert and Dan Murdock are not really covered
here--they were pre-White Wolf promos created by Wizards of the Coast
way before WW took over. It seems likely that they are gone forever.

-Peter

mongrel

Nov 9, 2010, 4:18:06 PM11/9/10
On Nov 9, 3:45 pm, "echiang...@yahoo.com" <echiang...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> - What promo cards do you (or your playgroup) need more copies of?

I still don't own any non-advanced Nergal. (and I'd be happy to share
extra copies with my playgroup)

-Matt H.

Juggernaut1981

Nov 9, 2010, 4:25:30 PM11/9/10
On Nov 10, 7:45 am, "echiang...@yahoo.com" <echiang...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

"More List"
Mirror Walks
Gran Madre di Dio
Marrakesh Codex
Treaty of Laibach
Two Wrongs
Kisha Bimji
Reverend Adams
Victor Pelletier
Angelo (please, please, please, please...)

"No List"
Marcus Vitel ADV... (I'm pretty sure he was a promo... and SERIOUSLY I
don't need more than the 10 I've got)
Anthelios
Legion

Ashenbach

Nov 9, 2010, 5:41:41 PM11/9/10

I would like to see more of this:

Basic Nergal
Meddling of Semsith
Dan Murdock & Mariana Gilbert

the rest of promos i have lots of them, or maybe more than i probably
will use in my life

YY

Nov 9, 2010, 7:01:20 PM11/9/10
On Nov 10, 4:45 am, "echiang...@yahoo.com" <echiang...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

My playgroup has almost none of:
Victor Pelletier
Meddling of Semsith
Fee Stake: Wherever
Eye of Hazimel
Nergal

Cheers

-YY

simcof

Nov 9, 2010, 9:33:45 PM11/9/10
Marianna Gilbert
Dan Murdock
Rubicon
Meddling of Semsith

Cheers,
simcof

echia...@yahoo.com

Nov 9, 2010, 10:55:41 PM11/9/10
Here are my personal experiences (before becoming Storyline
Coordinator and before the NAC 2010 when they handed out a ridiculous
number of promos):

Dan Murdock
Mariana Gilbert

--> Have both been traditionally hard to get unless you (or someone
you knew) were active in the WotC days. White Wolf never reprinted
them nor did they ever have a noticeable supply of them. So demand has
always been reasonably high for them, but mainly for collecting
purposes. Group 1 gets played rarely. Dan Murdock isn't that
impressive and I can't recall seeing him in play for quite awhile (and
he doesn't fit into that many important decks). Mariana's good for
weenie Presence (or weenie Toreador) but nowadays, Group 4 is actually
better for weenie Presence than Group 1. So not having either of these
Group 1 vampires isn't make or break.

SW (Amelia / Victor Tolliver / Polonia / Lucita / Vykos / Terrence /
Kyle Strathcona / Vincent Day)
FN (Fatima / Parmenides / Hesha / Intisar / Isabel / Silvia / Ankla
Hotep / Khalil)
BL (The Baron)
CE (Marcus Vitel)
AN (Xaviar)
BH (Selena)

--> All of these were readily available (for quite some time) and in
copious amounts. Stacks of SW/FN vampires were available at major
events for quite some time (though Parmenides, Hesha, Isabel, and
Khalil were a bit rarer than the others). At least SW/FN vampires were
starter-only. The Baron, Vitel, Xaviar, and Selena were in the
boosters, so the giant stacks (especially of Marcus Vitel) were kind
of pointless IMHO.

Meddling of Semsith
Eye of Hazimel
Lambach (Advanced)
Legion
Erciyes Fragment
Prophecies of Gehenna

--> Meddling always felt like it was in short supply. Back then not
many storyline tournaments were run and it was hard to acquire the
cards otherwise. Eyes of Hazimel were overly plentiful for quite some
time (and you really don't need that many) but I can understand how
some of the newer players might have trouble locating it. Legion was a
weak card and easily available. Advanced Lambach was surprisingly
scarce (though crappy compared to the Basic). Depending on whether or
not your playgroup did the League, Erciyes Fragment and Prophecies of
Gehenna could be hard to get. Erciyes Fragment has traditionally been
in high demand (since it's a really good card) but I rarely see people
bother with Prophecies of Gehenna (though it still has its uses).

Wind Dance
Anthelios, the Red Star
Port Authority
Retribution
Spontaneous Power

--> Maybe I just played a lot of tournaments back then but I felt like
there were lots of these promos going around at the time (I still have
a whole bunch myself). I've heard about some playgroups having trouble
getting Anthelios, but I haven't seen much demand for any of the rest.

Barbaro Lucchese
Nergal
Helena (Advanced)
Alan Sovereign (Advanced)

--> The Infernal Plague and Return of Nergal promos seem decently
rare. Barbaro's a rather cornercase vampire so not too many people are
clamoring for him. But lots of people want Nergal (especially now that
there's an Advanced). I also see people occasionally ask for Advanced
Helena (though not so many people for Advanced Alan, which is
surprising because he actually has the better Advanced).

Echo
Genina the Red Poet
Angelo
Duality
White Lily
Kestrelle Hayes

--> It did feel like the KMW and LoB promos were a bit scarce. It was
less of an issue with Echo since she was in the Alastors starter. But
I know a lot of people who had difficulty getting Genina and
especially Angelo (and both are promo-only). Moving on to Third
Edition, Duality & White Lily were also available in the starters. SoC
had Kestrelle Hayes in the boosters so only the collectors had to
chase the promo version (with the incorrect Grouping number).

Wall Street Night, Financial Newspaper
Call the Wild Hunt
Waxen Poetica
Kisha Bhimji
Ensemble
Crematorium
Botched Move
Argent Baton

--> I felt like most of these were easily available if you played in
any tournaments (using support kits). Kisha Bhimji's the best of the
lot, and the only one which I had difficulty getting sufficient
copies. As for the rest, Crematorium and Wall Street Night are
playable (but you only need a couple). The rest of the cards usually
end up as wallpaper.

Victor Pelletier
Gran Madre di Dio, Italy

--> Both of these were initially ridiculously hard to get (since you
needed to have actually attended the championship). After a year, they
were more widely available (but distribution felt spotty with some
places receiving an abundance and other areas having trouble getting
any copies).

Reverend Adams

--> Reasonably hard to get (unless you played lots of storylines). But
not too important unless you like weenie PRE.

Cloak of the Abalone
Convergence
Nergal (Advanced)
Path of the Void
Reliquary: Shango Remains
Sound of a Breaking Oath
Treaty of Laibach
Walks-with-Might

--> Still readily available even now. The Cloak, Sound of a Breaking
Oath, and the werewolf are wallpaper. The Treaty is amusing for trick
decks but essentially wallpaper. The Reliquary and Convergence are
playable. Path of the Void is actually *underplayed* IMO, but I don't
see too many people trying to get more copies. Advanced Nergal seems
to be the only one of the group with high demand (because it's Nergal
and people like super-bleed Nergal decks).

Flames of Insurrection
Public Enemy
Kaymakli Fragment
Imperator

--> Flames and Public Enemy are actually harder to get than you would
expect. But since they're for niche decks (Trophy or Anarchs combat) I
don't see too much demand for them. Kaymakli Fragment was really hard
to get for awhile (since it was initially available only at Black
Miracles and Lies), and since then distribution has been spotty. It's
an amazing card for Baali decks and decent for the Sabbat. Imperator's
a corner-case card and you don't need that many so I don't see a lot
of demand, though I know some people have trouble acquiring it
(especially those who missed the storyline).

Abactor
The Fourth Cycle
Inceptor
The Marrakesh Codex
Rogue
Rubicon
Salt of Thoth
SchreckNET

--> These are still reasonably acquirable nowadays. Rogue and Rubicon
are wallpaper. Salt of Thoth and SchreckNET are amusing but not
critical. Inceptor is quite good (especially with Anarch Convert) but
most players don't need more than a handful. I've seen Fourth Cycle
and Marrakesh Codex go for a decent amount and there's reasonable
demand for those. Lots of people want Abactor though, since unlike
most of the others it's not unique and if you want to build a deck
around it you need lots of copies.

Codex of the Edenic Groundskeepers
Crusade: Aragon
Menele (Advanced)
Yazid Tamari (Advanced)

--> These are surprisingly difficult to acquire, maybe because it
feels like the Eden's Legacy storyline kits were under-produced. Of
these, most of the interest seems to be towards the vampires and the
Codex (not the Crusade).

Lilith's Blessing
Guide and Mentor
Infamous Insurgent
Karsh (Advanced)
Claudio Severino

--> These are reasonably hard to get, especially if you didn't do the
storylines. Guide and Claudio are pretty much wallpaper. Infamous
Insurgent is very cornercase. Advanced Karsh is a terrible card, but
some people want him to make a Merged Karsh deck. Only Lilith's
Blessing seems really worthwhile and it can easily fit into A LOT of
decks.

So those are my personal impressions. But I realize that others will
have had different experiences (and assessments), which is exactly why
I'm asking for them now! :-)

echia...@yahoo.com

Nov 10, 2010, 12:26:21 AM11/10/10
Oh yeah, I forgot about these recently discovered promos:

Shasa Abu Badr
Fee Stake: Corte
Fee Stake: Los Angeles
Fee Stake: Perth

--> Before the NAC 2010, no one even knew that these promos existed!
So it would definitely be nice to see them circulated more widely.
(Though you can currently gain access to the Fee Stakes if you hold a
tournament and order prize support through The Lasombra).

Petri Wessman

Nov 10, 2010, 3:33:06 AM11/10/10

Same here.

-Petri

Meej

Nov 10, 2010, 9:43:47 AM11/10/10
On Nov 9, 10:55 pm, "echiang...@yahoo.com" <echiang...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> So those are my personal impressions. But I realize that others will
> have had different experiences (and assessments), which is exactly why
> I'm asking for them now!   :-)

I know you're missing at least a few - House of Sorrows and Two Wrongs
aren't on that list. I can't remember what else was in their batch,
though.

- D.J.

Amenophobis

Nov 10, 2010, 10:09:54 AM11/10/10

Subdued by the Blood?

JH

Nov 10, 2010, 11:23:03 AM11/10/10
==These I have in abundance==
Angelo
Barbaro Lucchese
Baron, The
Duality
Echo
Fatima al-Faqadi
Kestrelle Hayes
Kisha Bhimji
Lambach (ADV)
Lucita
Marcus Vitel
Nergal (ADV)
Reverend Adams
Selena
Victor Pelletier
White Lily
Xaviar
Yong-Sun, Harmonist
Abactor
Anthelios, The Red Star
Argent Baton
Botched Move
Call the Wild Hunt

Cloak of the Abalone
Convergence
Crematorium
Ensemble
Erciyes Fragments, The
Eye of Hazimel
Flames of Insurrection
Fourth Cycle, The

Gran Madre di Dio, Italy
House of Sorrow
Imperator
Inceptor
Kaymakli Fragment
Lay Low
Legion
Marrakesh Codex, The
Path of the Void
Port Authority
Prophecies of Gehenna
Public Enemy
Reliquary: Shango Remains
Retribution

Rogue
Rubicon
Salt of Thoth
SchreckNET
Sound of a Breaking Oath
Spontaneous Power
Subdued by the Blood

Treaty of Laibach
Two Wrongs
Walks-With-Might

Wall Street Night, Financial Newspaper
Waxen Poetica
Wind Dance

==These I would like to see more==
Alan Sovereign (ADV)
Hannibal (ADV)
Helena (ADV)
Hesha Ruhadze
Jessica (ADV)
Mariana Gilbert
Menele (ADV)
Nergal
Sascha Vykos, The Angel of Caine
Yazid Tamari (ADV)

Codex of the Edenic Groundskeepers
Crusade: Aragon

==These I have no copies of==
Dan Murdock
Genina, The Red Poet

Fee Stake: Corte
Fee Stake: Los Angeles
Fee Stake: Perth

(actually I have 1 copy of 2 of those Fee Stakes, but I guess not many
who hasn't bought Anarchs has any)
Meddling of Semsith, The

Did I miss any?

Martin Tibor Major

Nov 10, 2010, 11:34:48 AM11/10/10

I think for Hungary Abactor, basic Nergal, Meddling, Victor Peletier
and ofc Dan Murdock and Mrianna Gilbert.

echia...@yahoo.com

Nov 10, 2010, 12:53:54 PM11/10/10

Yes, due to a cut-and-paste error I forgot to include:

House of Sorrow
Lay Low
Subdued by the Blood
Two Wrongs

--> Lay Low and Subdued are more or less wallpaper (though Lay Low
might be reasonable in an Anarchs deck). Two Wrongs is playable (but
rarely sees play). House of Sorrow is good in the right deck, but
since it's unique you don't need that many copies. All four of these
are readily available in tournament packs.

squidalot

Nov 10, 2010, 2:38:13 PM11/10/10
> -YY- Hide quoted text -

The fee stakes would be good (Corte, Perth and LA).

I know there are hidden supplies or Dan and Marianna scattered about
but the only sure way is to buy them on ebay - sorry!

TorranceCircle

Nov 10, 2010, 3:13:23 PM11/10/10

> - What promo cards do you (or your playgroup) need more copies of?

Abactor
Wall Street Night,financial newspaper
Spontaneous power

> - Which promos have you found particularly hard to acquire?

Abactor

Ashur

Nov 10, 2010, 4:18:01 PM11/10/10
I have absurd amounts of
Anthelios, The Red Star

Cloak of the Abalone
Convergence
House of Sorrow
Inceptor
Lay Low
Marcus Vitel

Path of the Void
Reliquary: Shango Remains
Salt of Thoth
Schrecknet

Sound of a Breaking Oath
Subdued by the Blood
Treaty of Laibach
Walks-with-Might
Wind Dance

The cards I people in my playgroup seem to miss are
Flames of Insurrection
Genina, the Red Poet
Kaymakli Fragment
Nergal (Non-advanced)
Victor Pelletier

Johann Ong

Nov 11, 2010, 7:40:27 AM11/11/10
Genina the Red Poet please. She's ridiculously hard to find in our
area (asia) and we have a couple of samedi players looking for her.

Blooded Sand

Nov 11, 2010, 8:36:02 AM11/11/10
On Nov 9, 9:45 pm, "echiang...@yahoo.com" <echiang...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Special thanks to all of the feedback so far in the "What Would You
> Like to See in VTES Storylines?" thread. As the VTES Storyline
> Coordinator, I am taking into consideration all of the comments that
> I've been receiving.
>
> Since we obviously can't produce any new, official promo cards, we
> will be partly limited by whatever older promos White Wolf still has
> in stock. To get a better gauge of what players want or need:
>
> - What promo cards do you (or your playgroup) need more copies of?

everything after that werewolf killing ecquipment

> - Which promos have you found particularly hard to acquire?

see above

> - Which promos do you already have too many copies of and don't need/
> want any more? (The Marcus Vitel case is a bit obvious, though I do
> wonder if it still applies 8 years later).

see above

> Regarding "promo cards," I'm referring to not only various Storyline
> Promos, but also Tournament Promos, Championship Promos, and promos
> that were released with particular sets.

see above

> I look forward to hearing what you have to say.
>
> With regards,
> Eric Chiang
> VTES Storyline Coordinator

for specifics, Flames of insurrection and public enemy would be
awesome. Victor pelletier is another

Teeka

Nov 11, 2010, 8:53:04 AM11/11/10
As the people in my playing group don't play in official tournaments,
we only have the promos that we could get off of Walch&Nusser without
having a Prince (and of course the ones that were issued in regular
sets).

So we -do- have:
Angelo
Claudio Severino
Karsh ADV
Kisha Bhimji
Nergal ADV

Abactor

Botched Move
Call the Wild Hunt

Cloak of the Abelone
Convergence
Crematorium
Ensemble
Flames of Insurrection
Fourth Cycle
Imperator
Inceptor
Kaymakli Fragment
Marrakesh Codex
Path of the Void

Public Enemy
Reliquary: Shango Remains

Rogue
Rubicon
Salt of Toth
Shrecknet

Sound of a Breaking Oath

Treaty of Laibach
Walks-With-Might

I take it that you (Eric) are probably talking about making them re-
available in official tournaments only, so we'd likely not matter in
this particular discussion. But it would be nice though if we too
could somehow get a hold of the other promos from an 'official
source' (W-W/official retailer/VEKN) instead of eBay. Especially if
we're talking packs of '6 each of 20 different cards', or something
like that.
We wouldn't mind at all paying a not-so-cheap price for them, if we
knew that money would be used to keep VTES alive and kicking. ...And
we don't care how good or bad they are, as in our environment of
limited card pool and sub-optimal decks, hardly anything is considered
wallpaper. :-)

salem

Nov 12, 2010, 6:43:03 PM11/12/10
echia...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Oh yeah, I forgot about these recently discovered promos:
>
> Shasa Abu Badr

Text?

Shasa I have never heard of, so I don't know if my playgroup would need/want
any.

From my personal experience, main ones I am interested in are:

Angelo
Genina, The Red Poet

Nergal (Base)
Botched Move

Reverend Adams

I've been running events since Wizards days, so I even have a few spare
Marianas and Dan's floating around that I usually pull one of each out once
a year to give to the Australian championship organisers to add to their
prize support...although I think I failed to do that the last few years.

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'gmail' to email)

salem

Nov 12, 2010, 9:40:31 PM11/12/10
salem wrote:

> echia...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Oh yeah, I forgot about these recently discovered promos:
>>
>> Shasa Abu Badr
>
> Text?
>
> Shasa I have never heard of, so I don't know if my playgroup would
> need/want any.

Nevermind. She's from the Ishtarri starter. I have her already. Didn't know
she was a promo too, though.