Georgia Qualifier Results (TWD)

1 view

The Lasombra

Aug 22, 2009, 8:08:41 PM8/22/09
Georgia Qualifier
Alpharetta, Georgia
August 22nd, 2009
12 players
2R + F

John Newquist's Tournament Winning Deck with three game wins on the
day, 2 vp, 2 vp, and 4 vp.

Deck Name : Judgment Day
Author : Witness1 - John Newquist
Description :
Pretty standard Vigilance bleed. I went power-light this time.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 3 max: 6 average: 4.25
2x Jennie "Cassie247" Orne 5 inn jud vis Imbued:4
2x Jack "Hannibal137" Harmon 4 def jud Imbued:4
2x John "Cop90" O'Malley 4 jud ven Imbued:4
2x Francois "Warden" Loehr 3 def jud Imbued:4
1x Earl "Shaka74" Deams 6 jud mar vis Imbued:4
1x Travis "Traveler72" Miller 5 mar def Imbued:4
1x Erick "Shophet125" Franco 4 inn jud Imbued:4
1x Marion "Teacher193" Perks 4 red jud Imbued:4

Library [90 cards]
Action [1]
1x Aranthebes, The Immortal

Ally [5]
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
1x Gregory Winter
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
1x Ossian
1x Wendell Delburton (Hunter)

Combat [13]
9x Concealed Weapon
2x Target Vitals
2x Weighted Walking Stick

Conviction [24]
8x React with Conviction
8x Second Sight
8x Strike with Conviction

Equipment [15]
1x Crusader Sword, The
9x Flash Grenade
1x Heart of Nizchetus
1x Ivory Bow
1x Laptop Computer
1x Leather Jacket
1x Orb of Ulain

Event [6]
1x Dragonbound
2x NRA PAC
1x Narrow Minds
2x Unmasking, The

Master [13]
5x Angel of Berlin
1x Channel 10
2x Church of Vindicated Faith, The
1x Smiling Jack, The Anarch
2x Specialization
1x Sudden Reversal
1x WMRH Talk Radio

Power [8]
4x Discern
4x Vigilance

Reaction [5]
2x On the Qui Vive
3x Poison Pill

Kevin M.

Aug 23, 2009, 12:27:18 AM8/23/09
The Lasombra wrote:
> Georgia Qualifier
> Alpharetta, Georgia
> August 22nd, 2009
> 12 players
> 2R + F
>
> John Newquist's Tournament Winning Deck with three game wins on the
> day, 2 vp, 2 vp, and 4 vp.
>
> Deck Name : Judgment Day
> Author : Witness1 - John Newquist
> Description :
> Pretty standard Vigilance bleed. I went power-light this time.
[snip deck]

So, is it John's quest to delve into every aspect of the imbued?
I'll remember my anti-ally cards if I ever play in Atlanta! :)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! http://vtesville.myminicity.com/
Please buy my cards! http://shop.ebay.com/kjmergen/m.html

The Lasombra

Aug 23, 2009, 12:00:54 PM8/23/09
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 21:27:18 -0700, "Kevin M." wrote:

>> Deck Name : Judgment Day
>> Author : Witness1 - John Newquist
>> Description :
>> Pretty standard Vigilance bleed. I went power-light this time.

>So, is it John's quest to delve into every aspect of the imbued?

Indeed.

See also:
The newsletters of Witness1
http://vtes-hunter-net.tripod.com/newsletters.htm

The Imbued decks of Witness1
http://vtes-hunter-net.tripod.com/decks.htm

The tournament winning Imbued decks of Witness1
http://www.thelasombra.com/hall_of_fame.htm#johnnewquist

witness1

Aug 24, 2009, 9:04:35 AM8/24/09
On Aug 23, 12:27 am, "Kevin M." <youw...@imaspammer.org> wrote:
> The Lasombra wrote:
> > Georgia Qualifier
> > Alpharetta, Georgia
> > August 22nd, 2009
> > 12 players
> > 2R + F
>
> > John Newquist's Tournament Winning Deck with three game wins on the
> > day, 2 vp, 2 vp, and 4 vp.
>
> > Deck Name : Judgment Day
> > Author : Witness1 - John Newquist
> > Description :
> > Pretty standard Vigilance bleed. I went power-light this time.
>
> [snip deck]
>
> So, is it John's quest to delve into every aspect of the imbued?

There was also a Kyasid/Martyrdom hybrid with Grandest Trick and
Mouthpiece/Conditioning/Donate that I'll need to try out at some
point. I almost feel sorry for contesting "Shaka74" with Mattias in
round 1.

-witness1

The Lasombra

Aug 24, 2009, 11:56:29 AM8/24/09
On Aug 22, 8:08 pm, The Lasombra <TheLasom...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Georgia Qualifier
> Alpharetta, Georgia
> August 22nd, 2009
> 12 players
> 2R + F

Other decks present in the finals:

Gerald Windham Path of the Void - (finalist, 1GW 4 VP)
Tremere Antitribu Eternal Vigilance - (finalist, 1GW 4 VP)
Weenie Dementation + Obfuscate and Inceptor (Kindred Spirits,
Confusion, Lost in Crowds) - (finalist 1 GW 3.5 VP)
Tzimisce Bleed - (finalist, 1GW 3 VP)

The Inceptor deck ousted its prey in the finals, leaving its grand-
prey, the Imbued just enough time to setup, which allowed the Imbued
to take the other 4 VPs. (Its good to be top seed and know who to be
the grand-prey of...)

Other decks present at the event:

Mid-cap dementation obfuscate
Ravnos with Week of Nightmares
Kiasyd + Imbued, with Grandest Trick
Toreador Antitribu (Greta + Jost)
Tremere + Tremere Antitribu Vote
Huitzilopochtli + big bleed + Call the Great Beast to Golconda him....
and another deck which I did not see played

As all of the games aside from the finals were 4 player games, they
were frequently concluded in 1 hour or less.
No games went to time, although one player was allowed to withdraw as
it gave his prey the game win.

witness1

Aug 24, 2009, 12:27:40 PM8/24/09
On Aug 24, 11:56 am, The Lasombra <thelasom...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 22, 8:08 pm, The Lasombra <TheLasom...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Georgia Qualifier
> > Alpharetta, Georgia
> > August 22nd, 2009
> > 12 players
> > 2R + F
>
> Other decks present in the finals:
>
> Gerald Windham Path of the Void - (finalist, 1GW 4 VP)
> Tremere Antitribu Eternal Vigilance - (finalist, 1GW 4 VP)
> Weenie Dementation + Obfuscate and Inceptor (Kindred Spirits,
> Confusion, Lost in Crowds) - (finalist 1 GW 3.5 VP)
> Tzimisce Bleed - (finalist, 1GW 3 VP)
>
> The Inceptor deck ousted its prey in the finals, leaving its grand-
> prey, the Imbued just enough time to setup, which allowed the Imbued
> to take the other 4 VPs.  (Its good to be top seed and know who to be
> the grand-prey of...)

Indeed. I was quite lucky round 2 to draw the setup I needed to stop
Sim. He seemed to have a lot more stealth at the final table.

> Other decks present at the event:
>
> Mid-cap dementation obfuscate
> Ravnos with Week of Nightmares
> Kiasyd + Imbued, with Grandest Trick
> Toreador Antitribu (Greta + Jost)
> Tremere + Tremere Antitribu Vote
> Huitzilopochtli + big bleed + Call the Great Beast to Golconda him....
> and another deck which I did not see played

I believe the last deck was Brujah/Toreador vote with Rake, Victoria
Ash, and Black Cat.

-witness1