TWD & Tournament Report: "SAC 2009", Santiago - Chile

Kansho

Oct 20, 2009, 1:42:51 PM10/20/09
to Vtes...@googlegroups.com
Name of event: "SAC 2009"
Location: Santiago, Chile
Date: 12th October 2009
Number of players: 27
Number of rounds: 3R + final
Winner: Jackson "Kansho" Iribarren

The table seating was:
Ventrue Antitribu (Jackson Iribarren) -> Tremere (Miguel Cortes) ->
Kiasyd (Hernan Rodriguez) -> Guruhi (Waldo Peyrau) -> Tremere (Hugo
Dey)

"Miguel Cortes was the first one in raising a minion. It was a
question of a small Tremere that scarcely he was handling the
Domination. Forthwith Hernan Rodriguez influenced, then Waldo Peyrau
followed by Hugo Dey, who uses Dreams of the Sphinx to accelerate his
transfers and finally I.
In his first turn the young man Tremere tries to win a place in the
complex structure of the clan Tremere, bleeding to his prey. When this
one plays, it influences raising to his first minion, a strange and
malicious creature in whose veins the blood of the fairies was
flowing.
On his side, Waldo Peyrau clarifies that he controls Mbare's Market,
turns and influences it, but still he cannot raise his first vampire.
Meanwhile Hugo Dey controls the Underground, influence and raises
Doctor John Dee, clarifying that there is a second cell tremere in the
fight.
I for my part, influence Cardinal Lazverinus and then it is Miguel's
turn, who raises his second minion. The Matuselah Kyasid plays
Pentex's Directory arranges his minion to bleed the unprotected Waldo
and influences again. Damaged by the loss of influence, these last
raises Eze, the demon prince, more a few transfers to a still
uncontrolled minion and yields the turn to Hugo, who plays a Grooming
the Protects on John Dee, who plays a govern a different minion in the
uncontrolled zone, and in that way Karna raises.
Then I begin to play Govern and Scouting to accelerate the coming of
the next minion.
In his turn, Miguel plays Smiling Jack.
Visibly weaked, Hernan cannot do another thing that to bleed Waldo,
who tries to stop uselessly the advance of the Kyasid. Miguel plays
one Direct Intervention preventing that a Conditioning destroyes more
Waldo's pool. Hernan transfers and raises his second minion,
duplicating the threat on his prey. This one accelerates his game the
most possible and finishes raising nana Buruku. From the north of
Africa the Guruhi try to influence the fight, pressing against the
house Tremere. In his turn Hugo Dey sees the Guruhi threat and
strengthens his positions recruiting the hunter Carlton Van Wik and
raised to histhird vampire. I, for myself, seing the Hugo’s cell
Tremere worried about his rear, I play a bit relax, raising my second
and third minion.
Understanding that his death is coming, Hernan decides to play all or
nothing, and bleeds with his two vampires to Waldo, but never again
more of 3, being afraid of an Archon Investigation. Finally he
influences Onaendo and waits the worst, staying with only a point of
influence.
In his turn, seeing Onaendo, Waldo understands that the threat is in
his own continent and uses his evident political supremacy in the
table to damage in 3 points to Hugo Dey, who does not block the
action, and in a point to Hernán, who is the first one in dying.
Definitively, the fight in the table was too much complex for the clan
Kyasid.
Hugo Dey for his part eliminates Smiling Jack, withdraws in his game
and gives me the turn. I try to play a Bowl of Convergence and
discover that my predador had changed his targets, using the hunter to
block any indirect action that I was doing. For what I adapt my game
and devote myself to strengthen to my vampires through hunts supported
by a Hungry Coyote. Then the table stagnated. The house Tremere of
Hugo fighted to support to eep away the clan Guruhi, that every time
was increasing his power. More relieved I rearmed my game due to the
fact that it was allowed to feed my minios and they to my pool.
This produced a duality in the table: On one hand, the game was Waldo
and Hugo, who despite of everything he founded a window between the
actions to find and burn my Owans Evans, the Wonderer. On the other
hand, the table was I pressing Michael, who was taking advantage of
the moments in which he could intercept Waldo. The truth is that in a
moment I was feeling myself bad, with dry vampires in torpor, but I
managed to recover and to press myself to my prey, who finally ended
up by falling due to the power of the clan Ventrue of the Sabbat. Then
I was against the Guruhi, though the house Tremere of Hugo was
continuing strong and with an armed game, already he could not act
against me. I bled Waldo repeatedly leaving it badly, but a play from
the heart of Africa would change the table: Waldo plays a Golconda
against his Eze of 12nd in torpor and raises another free Eze with a
Brutal Influence of 10 (Maybe the best turn, with the best plays of
the whole table) Again suspended, I understand that I must withdraw,
since none would die. It could not allowed that Hugo should close the
game in one to one and I already had a point. This way the end of the
time comes and the prudent patience of the clan Ventrue Antitribu
obtains the victory.

Deck Name: Ventrue Antitribu
Created by: Jackson "Kansho" Iribarren

Crypt [14 vampires, average capacity: 7.57143]
3x Lazverinus, Thrall of L AUS DOM FOR POT pro 10 Ventrue
antitribu:2 archbishop
1x Quentin AUS DOM FOR cel obt 9 Ventrue antitribu:2 bishop
3x Owain Evans, The Wander AUS DOM FOR cel pre 8 Ventrue antitribu:
3
2x Blackhorse Tanner AUS DOM FOR 7 Ventrue antitribu:3
1x Edward Neally DOM FOR aus pre 7 Ventrue antitribu:3
3x Dylan aus cel dom for pro 6 Ventrue antitribu:2
1x Ingrid Russo DOM for 4 Ventrue antitribu:2
Library [90 cards]
Master [17]
1x Corporate Hunting Ground
1x Direct Intervention
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Giant's Blood
1x Hungry Coyote, The
2x Minion Tap
1x Perfectionist
2x Protean
1x Rack, The
1x Sudden Reversal
4x Vessel
Action [13]
2x Abbot
1x Eternal Vigilance
6x Govern the Unaligned
4x Scouting Mission
Action Modifier [6]
4x Freak Drive
2x Kiss of Ra, The
Ally [2]
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
1x Procurer
Equipment [2]
1x Bowl of Convergence
1x Ivory Bow
Reaction [21]
6x Deflection
2x Eagle's Sight
2x Enhanced Senses
3x Forced Awakening
2x My Enemy's Enemy
2x Obedience
4x Telepathic Misdirection
Retainer [1]
1x Homunculus
Combat [20]
6x Claws of the Dead
4x Earth Meld
6x Rolling with the Punches
2x Skin of Steel
2x Superior Mettle

Kansho: Archbishop of Santiago

librarian

Oct 20, 2009, 3:24:29 PM10/20/09
> raised to histhird vampire. I, for myself, seing the Hugo�s cell

> Tremere worried about his rear, I play a bit relax, raising my second
> and third minion.
> Understanding that his death is coming, Hernan decides to play all or
> nothing, and bleeds with his two vampires to Waldo, but never again
> more of 3, being afraid of an Archon Investigation. Finally he
> influences Onaendo and waits the worst, staying with only a point of
> influence.
> In his turn, seeing Onaendo, Waldo understands that the threat is in
> his own continent and uses his evident political supremacy in the
> table to damage in 3 points to Hugo Dey, who does not block the
> action, and in a point to Hern�n, who is the first one in dying.

How many from each country? Mostly Chileans? Any Brazilians, or other
SudAmericano countries? Or from outside of South America?

Was there an LCQ, or a FCQ? How about a Week of Nightmares accompanying
event? Any non-standard tournaments? Draft, create-a-clan, storyline, etc?

Many questions for you...

best -

chris

Miguel Cortes

Oct 21, 2009, 7:43:02 AM10/21/09
> > raised to histhird vampire. I, for myself, seing the Hugo’s cell

> > Tremere worried about his rear, I play a bit relax, raising my second
> > and third minion.
> > Understanding that his death is coming, Hernan decides to play all or
> > nothing, and bleeds with his two vampires to Waldo, but never again
> > more of 3, being afraid of an Archon Investigation. Finally he
> > influences Onaendo and waits the worst, staying with only a point of
> > influence.
> > In his turn, seeing Onaendo, Waldo understands that the threat is in
> > his own continent and uses his evident political supremacy in the
> > table to damage in 3 points to Hugo Dey, who does not block the
> > action, and in a point to Hernán, who is the first one in dying.
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­------------------------------

Non brazilian arrived, only Chileans played.

> Was there an LCQ, or a FCQ?  How about a Week of Nightmares accompanying
> event?  Any non-standard tournaments?  Draft, create-a-clan, storyline, etc?

Non parallel event could be held, since almost 90% of the regular
players assisted. There was a LCQ.

> Many questions for you...
>
> best -
>

> chris- Hide quoted text -

I took the liberty to answer ;)

ira...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2009, 6:40:31 PM10/21/09

Just to ensure I understand this: A 12-cap Eze played Brutal Influence
for 10 on himself in the uncontrolled region. The next turn, the
ready Eze was Golconda'd?

I'd love to see the decklist of the Guruhi deck.

Thanks,
Ira

alex fnurp

Oct 22, 2009, 12:49:41 AM10/22/09
On 22 Okt, 00:40, "ira...@gmail.com" <ira...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd love to see the decklist of the Guruhi deck.
>
> Thanks,
> Ira

I second that! Could anyone kind enough get that decklist i'd be much
grateful :)

Waldo Peyrau

Oct 23, 2009, 4:25:04 PM10/23/09

Hi, this is the deck i played in SAC 2009,

Deck Name : guruhi political
Author : Waldo Peyrau
Description :

Crypt (12 vampires) Capacity min: 8 max: 11 average: 9.5

3x Eze, The Demon Pri 11 ANI NEC POT PRE THA aus magaji Guruhi:3
3x Ugadja 10 ABO ANI POT PRE dom for magaji Guruhi:4
3x Umdava 9 ABO ANI FOR PRE vic magaji Akunanse:
4
3x Nana Buruku 8 ANI POT PRE Guruhi:4

Library (90 cards)

Action (11)
4x Brutal Influence
3x Exile
4x Founders of the Ebony Kingdom

Action Modifier (29)
3x Awe
3x Bewitching Oration
6x Devil-Channel: Throat
2x Edge of the World
3x Iron Glare
2x Make an Example
3x Perfect Paragon
7x Voter Captivation

Action Modifier/Reaction (1)
1x Guruhi Kholo

Combat (6)
6x Majesty

Event (2)
2x Anthelios, The Red Star

Master (25)
4x Abombwe
1x Archon Investigation
1x Dummy Corporation
1x Golconda: Inner Peace
1x Legendary Vampire
1x Mbare Market, Harare
3x Minion Tap
1x Monastery of Shadows
10x Orun
2x Static Virtue

Political Action (16)
1x Ancilla Empowerment
1x Banishment
1x Eldest Command Undeath, The
2x Honor the Elders
8x Kine Resources Contested
1x Neonate Breach
1x Political Stranglehold
1x Reins of Power

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. (Mon Oct 12 01:11:55 2009)