Wait, what set is coming out next?

librarian

Feb 24, 2009, 12:34:17 AM2/24/09
I must have missed an announcement, what set is coming out next?

best -

chris

Kevin M.

Feb 24, 2009, 2:17:51 AM2/24/09
librarian wrote:
> I must have missed an announcement, what set is coming out next?

Why would you believe that you missed an announcement unless you saw an
announcement? In which case, why are you asking? :)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy, and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment... Complacency... Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! http://vtesville.myminicity.com/
Las Vegas NAQ 2009! http://members.cox.net/vtesinlv/

as...@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2009, 3:08:33 AM2/24/09
Rumor say "Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom" = more laibon. Small set I
guess.

SteveHarris

Feb 24, 2009, 9:00:55 AM2/24/09
On Feb 24, 6:08 pm, as...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Rumor say "Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom" = more laibon. Small set I
> guess.

I believe it will just be called "Ebony Kingdom" and will be a 60 card
mini set based on the Laibon.

Chris Berger

Feb 24, 2009, 9:43:16 AM2/24/09
On Feb 24, 2:08 am, as...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Rumor say "Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom" = more laibon. Small set I
> guess.

No, it is Koalas of the Eternal Koala and introduces the legendary
Drop Bear clan. I am totally sure on this, guys... =)

Jozxyqk

Feb 24, 2009, 10:44:08 AM2/24/09

Wrong.
I've heard it is a Blood Dimmed Tides 500-card base set, with a Lasombra
Pirates starter, an Aquatic Gangrel Starter, and Mermaids and
Were-sharks in the crypt.

Kushiel

Feb 24, 2009, 11:01:56 AM2/24/09
On Feb 24, 10:44 am, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
> Wrong.
> I've heard it is a Blood Dimmed Tides 500-card base set, with a Lasombra
> Pirates starter, an Aquatic Gangrel Starter, and Mermaids and
> Were-sharks in the crypt.

Man, I can't wait for the new "shipping lane" and "depth" mechanics!

John Eno

LSJ

Feb 24, 2009, 11:06:29 AM2/24/09

Manuever, only usable to go to depth.

Chris Berger

Feb 24, 2009, 12:07:14 PM2/24/09
On Feb 24, 10:06 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Kushiel wrote:
> > On Feb 24, 10:44 am, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
> >> Wrong.
> >> I've heard it is a Blood Dimmed Tides 500-card base set, with a Lasombra
> >> Pirates starter, an Aquatic Gangrel Starter, and Mermaids and
> >> Were-sharks in the crypt.
>
> > Man, I can't wait for the new "shipping lane" and "depth" mechanics!
>
> Manuever, only usable to go to depth.

Awesome. If a minion maneuvers to depth, does that count as long
range too? I mean, unless the other minion also maneuvers to depth
and then they're at close range at depth, right?

Would have been an awesome flight mechanic, with height instead of
depth.

Will Aquaman be represented as an Aquatic Gangrel with no Protean/
Ichthometheus discipline, or a Malkavian who only *thinks* he can talk
to fish?

Can Underwater Operation be used on the same action as Dawn Op, and
does that make damage dealt at depth doubly-aggravated?

If Neptune's Trident is only usable by an Aquatic vampire, can it be
equipped by any minion and does it still grant the water-breathing
ability?

Can Gratiano's Cannon still fire at a minion who is at depth even if
the bearer is aboard a Ship? Does it matter if the ship is a schooner
or a submarine or if it's a Leviathan that counts as a Retainer/Ship?

Okay, that's all the questions I have so far. Probably more later -
the Tides mechanic is totally confusing.

carn...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2009, 12:07:30 PM2/24/09
On Feb 24, 10:06 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

Ah, setting up the 'Well-Aimed Barnacle', very nice.

Kushiel

Feb 24, 2009, 12:35:23 PM2/24/09
On Feb 24, 12:07 pm, Chris Berger <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> Okay, that's all the questions I have so far.  Probably more later -
> the Tides mechanic is totally confusing.

Sure, tidal decks are tough to play. But they need to be, because
otherwise they'd just be too powerful.

That being said, I think that mage submarine/ghost ship decks are the
ones that are the most likely to upset the tournament metagame. We're
probably going to need some nerfs there.

John Eno

3rdshiftr

Feb 24, 2009, 1:31:19 PM2/24/09

SteveHarris said"

> Rumor say "Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom" = more laibon. Small set I
> guess.

I believe it will just be called "Ebony Kingdom" and will be a 60

card
mini set based on the Laibon.

--fingers crossed for Laibon 6 caps with all Sup. in-clan and no janky
drawbacks...

Jozxyqk

Feb 24, 2009, 2:36:14 PM2/24/09
Kushiel <invisibl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That being said, I think that mage submarine/ghost ship decks are the
> ones that are the most likely to upset the tournament metagame. We're
> probably going to need some nerfs there.

Nah, that's why I fought for the ability for underwater Nosferatu to
play close-range cards at any depth, and can play Shattering Blow on
the submarines.

Kushiel

Feb 24, 2009, 3:20:59 PM2/24/09
On Feb 24, 2:36 pm, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
> Nah, that's why I fought for the ability for underwater Nosferatu to
> play close-range cards at any depth, and can play Shattering Blow on
> the submarines.

Even if that works, though (which I doubt - the discipline spreads on
the Nosferatu with the "maritime" keyword were pretty bad, even if
they do all have those good reef specials), people will just start
playing with more copies of Reinforced Hull, and then you're right
back to where you started.

John Eno

librarian

Feb 24, 2009, 4:04:32 PM2/24/09
Kevin M. wrote:
> librarian wrote:
>> I must have missed an announcement, what set is coming out next?
>
> Why would you believe that you missed an announcement unless you saw an
> announcement? In which case, why are you asking? :)

Everyone else is taking my post seriously Kevin, why can't you...

:-(,,,
(that's an emoticon of weeping so hard the tears are dripping off my chin).

best -

chris

Kevin M.

Feb 24, 2009, 4:14:47 PM2/24/09

Because you are my friend, Chris, and I am required to treat you that way.
;)

Juggernaut1981

Feb 24, 2009, 5:15:07 PM2/24/09

What about Police Speedboat? Will it provide presses or maneuvers or
something else (untap?)?

I'm sure that Well Aimed Marlin will beat Well Aimed Barnacle anyday!

Of course "Arrrr Matey!" will provide a large number of votes in the
Aquatic-only referendums... particular when combined with Maritime
Union Debate (which allows only Aquatic Vampires the ability to vote
during the referendum)...

I can't wait for the Great White Shark retainers... Deal 2 damage
during strike resolution...

Of course though, how will all of these cards interact with Pier 13?
Will the rumours of the political action "Trade Tariffs" that
increases the costs of non-loquipment come true? Will we see the end
of the Black Cat + Pier 13 gunshop of glory?

The questions just stack up... oh and of course will we see Pirate
Jack (who bears a striking resemblance to Smiliing Jack and Jack
Tredegar)...

James Coupe

Feb 24, 2009, 5:19:03 PM2/24/09
Kushiel <invisibl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Even if that works, though (which I doubt - the discipline spreads on
>the Nosferatu with the "maritime" keyword were pretty bad, even if
>they do all have those good reef specials),

Nosferatu Bestial works pretty well with the Starfish and the Reef
Hunting Ground, I found.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

AntiChrist

Feb 25, 2009, 3:57:29 AM2/25/09
On 24 Feb, 19:31, 3rdshiftr <pacificamer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> SteveHarris  said"

> --fingers crossed for Laibon 6 caps with all Sup. in-clan and no janky
> drawbacks...

...of group 1.

GreenO

Feb 25, 2009, 4:05:19 AM2/25/09
On Feb 24, 3:44 pm, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
Bear clan.  I am totally sure on this, guys...  =)

> Wrong.
> I've heard it is a Blood Dimmed Tides 500-card base set, with a Lasombra
> Pirates starter, an Aquatic Gangrel Starter, and Mermaids and
> Were-sharks in the crypt.

Presumably paving the way for a Tzimisze Ninjas starter and Were-bears
in the following set. Should be quite balanced, but I would expect
some internet discussion.

Matt

Kushiel

Feb 25, 2009, 10:46:45 AM2/25/09
On Feb 24, 5:19 pm, James Coupe <ja...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote:
> Nosferatu Bestial works pretty well with the Starfish and the Reef
> Hunting Ground, I found.

Oh, wow. We never even thought of that. Good catch!

Although, thinking about it for a second, you didn't have any issues
with other players packing Spearguns?

John Eno

Chris Berger

Feb 25, 2009, 11:02:35 AM2/25/09
Man, Spearguns are terrible. Maybe if they untapped you after
equipping, or cost a pool less. I just don't think the cornercase
additional damage against Fish allies and retainers is worth it over .
44 Magnums. I guess it *is* cold iron, but still... cornercase at
best.

Now the Lost Temple of Set, which is obviously a reprinting of the
Grand Temple to make it useful... that's a nice card. Although the
"Aquatic" keyword does make it susceptible to that location
destroyer... I forget what it's called... Tsunami? Underwater
Earthquake? Something like that. The one with the sweet artwork from
Heather Kreiter.

Matt Hirsch

Feb 25, 2009, 11:17:03 AM2/25/09

You are so full of crap. It's like you didn't read all the new cards
in the set. Clearly, the best new combat will be Tzimisce with Squid
Ghouls, supported by Baleen Graft at VIC. And once the Fish and
Wildlife Conservation Act event enters play, your spearguns cost 2
extra pool! (Sure, you could use the Harpoon of Ahab instead, but
that's unique and way overcosted.)

-MDH

Meej

Feb 25, 2009, 12:01:23 PM2/25/09

Folks! NDA's! It's like you're not checking which list you're
posting to or something. :-)

- D.J.

Kushiel

Feb 25, 2009, 12:42:51 PM2/25/09
On Feb 25, 12:01 pm, Meej <dj...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Folks!  NDA's!  It's like you're not checking which list you're
> posting to or something. :-)

Oh shit!

This was all just a big joke, everyone. Move along.

John Eno

opao...@yahoo.com

Feb 25, 2009, 2:12:46 PM2/25/09

you mean there won't be a Coral Bow, Webbed Toes of Nizchetus, or even
a Jellyfish Subversion? :_(

Rened...@hotmail.com

Feb 28, 2009, 12:15:03 PM2/28/09
There will be a Freak Dive i heard.

We want new cards, we are bored with the old ones!!!

dasei...@hotmail.com

Mar 2, 2009, 1:41:49 AM3/2/09
On Feb 24, 4:34 pm, librarian <aucti...@superfuncards.com> wrote:
> I must have missed an announcement, what set is coming out next?
>
> best -
>
> chris

Military Simulations in Australia already has a page where you can
order (pre-order I'm guessing?) a box of "Ebony Kingdom Vtes"
boosters.
http://www.milsims.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_87&products_id=24428
So I guess people who assumed the vague mentions of "KotEK" referred
to a "Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom" were correct.

Christian C

Mar 2, 2009, 3:12:50 PM3/2/09

Why?
I think is still funny

Christian C

Mar 2, 2009, 3:16:21 PM3/2/09

Well see revamped "from a sinking ship" to take control of ships and
marine locations from met with 3 or less pool